Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree8Likes

Global Posts
    25 Global Posts

Default Re: LG G3 To buy or not to buy!

Buy! If you do buy it, tell us how it is

Quote Originally Posted by GrooveRite View Post
    I like the way you think!
    When I'm asked by a sales associate if I have an upgrade. I say I always have an update.

Posted via Android Central App

From an S4, yes. Pretty much an upgrade in every regard (software/hardware)....not to mention it's spectacular good looks.
    Personally I think it is the best looking phone on the market. I like the One Plus One but why talk about a phone you can't get....LOL.

Quote Originally Posted by xamadeix View Post
    I'm thinking of using my upgrade on the LG G3. I have the Galaxy S4. Is it worth it or should I wait?

Thanks!

Got the cash? Just get it! Lol

Quote Originally Posted by scottysize View Post
    So, go into the store and put your phone up against the G3 and S5. Take a few in-store camera shots and use both phones for a while. After that, see if you can make a decision. If you're happy with your S4, you might want to wait for the next round of SmartPhones. If you're not happy with your S4, then I'd look at the G3. My 2 cents.
    I agree with this. Personally, if you are using the S4, I would wait for the 2015 phones. The G3 is nice but went the wrong way with the screen. It is too dim and too much of a battery hog, in my opinion. 2015 will probably have a bunch of phones with this resolution accompanied with better battery life and reasonable brightness.

Global Posts
    90 Global Posts

My answer is simple... Best phone I've ever had. In the last 18 months I've had: iPhone 4s, galaxy s4, HTC one m7, iPhone 5s, LG g2, galaxy s5, moto x, and HTC one m8. G3 is going to be my phone for quite some time... Unless rumors of nexus 6 are true

Sent from my LG-D851 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by JoePa2624 View Post
    My answer is simple... Best phone I've ever had. In the last 18 months I've had: iPhone 4s, galaxy s4, HTC one m7, iPhone 5s, LG g2, galaxy s5, moto x, and HTC one m8. G3 is going to be my phone for quite some time... Unless rumors of nexus 6 are true

Can we get a "quite sometime" definition. After that list of phones

Global Posts
    90 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by doggy2965 View Post
    Can we get a "quite sometime" definition. After that list of phones

I could see keeping the g3 until 64 bit becomes available on android. With every other phone, I quickly found glaring faults (within days). I don't see any with the g3. Its not a perfect phone but the negatives are not deal breaking.

Global Posts
    246 Global Posts

If you're coming from the Galaxy S4 it's definitely worth it. However, for those of us using the S5 or HTC One (M7/M8) I think it'll be worth waiting to see what else is coming down the pipe. I think the G3 is just the tip of the iceberg for true next-gen phones with crazy 2k resolutions, buttery smooth performance and fantastic battery life.

Global Posts
    258 Global Posts

I was not sure if I should use my upgrade on the G3 at first either. I thought the phone was too big when I originally held it in my phone when compared to the 4.5" screen phone I had before. But after a few days with the phone I absolutely love the quad HD display, LG features (Qslide is sick), the phone is so light and thin it actually fits in my pocket great and better than smaller phones, speaker is very loud, camera is fast and easy to use. Overall I think the G3 is an excellent phone upgrade. There will be better phone down the line because that is how technology works, but with the quad HD display and the 801 processor and 3gb of ram I don't foresee this phone begin left in the dust for quite sometime as it is a step ahead of the curve anyway. LG has done a fantastic job.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12