LG G3 To buy or not to buy!

xamadeix

Oct 20, 2010
Visit site
I'm thinking of using my upgrade on the LG G3. I have the Galaxy S4. Is it worth it or should I wait?

Thanks!

Posted via Android Central App

SideKickM24

Aug 7, 2012
Visit site
I am able to upgrade from my S3 next month, and from what I've read and seen of the Lg G3, I am getting it for sure. .

Duncan1982

Banned
Oct 21, 2013
Visit site
I'm thinking of using my upgrade on the LG G3. I have the Galaxy S4. Is it worth it or should I wait?

Thanks!

You will get mixed views here and if your using this to gather input it may put your head in a spin lol

I would say yes without doubt its worth the upgrade if...

You want that bigger screen in a compact casing.

Better design and premium feel ( yip Lg have made plastic feel dam good).

I had the S4, sold it ages ago and the Camera was decent but I would of course say the G3's is better.

Battery life is a mixed bag but I am averaging 4 and a half to five and a half hours screen on time.

The screen on the G3 is great, but as your coming from Amoled you may be one of those that find it washed out (I don't ) I find softer yes, but not washed out. It won't pop in terms of saturated colours as that is Amoled Specific.

Its your call but my opinion and answer to your question is yes it's well worth using your upgrade.

xamadeix

Oct 20, 2010
Visit site
Ya my head is alresdy spinning haha. :X I've haf my eyes on the m8, g3. I like the galaxy s4 but my issue is that I cant root my device and it seems like a growing trend for samsung devices.

peacefulberry

Feb 4, 2013
Visit site
Have to agree with the above comments. Coming from the s3 its def an upgrade. I would visit any carrier store (even if its not your specific carrier) just to test it out. You won't know for sure unless you try it. :)

Duncan1982

Banned
Oct 21, 2013
Visit site
Ya my head is alresdy spinning haha. :X I've haf my eyes on the m8, g3. I like the galaxy s4 but my issue is that I cant root my device and it seems like a growing trend for samsung devices.

Never an easy decision and yeah you'll get mixed opinions here which may or may not help.

I will score if that helps but its only my opinion

Camera 8/10

Battery 8/10

Build and Design 9/10

Ui 8/10

Performance 8/10

Screen 9/10

With everything there are niggles most will get fixed with updates.

I personally and being honest have been fortunate and only have had slight lag issue in the app drawer, but the rest has been smooth and very zippy.

Just my input...

Edit... By creating folders in app drawer has eliminates my lag as I only have one page for now...

Now let the head spinning make you dizzy :p

Last edited:

dyana9673

Apr 26, 2014
Visit site
It is fast .. That's for sure .. On T-Mobile!

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Mobile Nations mobile app

Attachments

• 1405645188254.jpg
    1405645188254.jpg
    71.7 KB · Views: 89

SteveISU

Sep 28, 2011
Visit site
Go look at it in person. The screen is nice but dim. You can't tell the difference between qHD and 1080p. The phone lags and stutters every now and again (esp in the app drawer). I was set to pick it up but was disappointed the more I messed with it in the store. Decided to hold off and see what the Note 4 is gonna bring.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

GrooveRite

Sep 30, 2010
Visit site
Just get it!! If you don't like it, return it. Thats what I did but I've decided to keep mine. Had no expectations going in but came out pleasantly surprised! LG has made a very good device! This is what a premium plastic device should be and look like, IMHO!

o4liberty

Dec 9, 2009
Visit site
The G3 is a superior Android device that out perform most devices. No device is perfect but the G3 comes close in my opinion.

Jan 13, 2014
Visit site

If it helps I swapped my M8 out for the G3 today. I love it. The M8 is a fantastic but the form factor of the G3 is untouchable by any phone on planet earth. Coming from a guy that has a phone swapping problem you will not be disappointed.

Duncan1982

Banned
Oct 21, 2013
Visit site
If it helps I swapped my M8 out for the G3 today. I love it. The M8 is a fantastic but the form factor of the G3 is untouchable by any phone on planet earth. Coming from a guy that has a phone swapping problem you will not be disappointed.

I also suffer from smartphone addiction lol

My phones,

1)Galaxy S3

2)Galaxy S4

3)Galaxy Mega 6.3"

4)Galaxy Note 2

5)Galaxy Note 3

6)Xperia Z2 (Still Own)

7)The most recent of course G3.

This in a period of 2 years.

The G3's form & build, I agree is second to none and is on par with my Z2 both different but equally as good in this department.

Really do appreciate what Lg have done with the G3.

xamadeix

Oct 20, 2010
Visit site
Thanks for all the insight guys. G3 it is. But is it rootable? Custom recovery? Fairly hassle free?

Duncan1982

Banned
Oct 21, 2013
Visit site
Thanks for all the insight guys. G3 it is. But is it rootable? Custom recovery? Fairly hassle free?

This depends I used towelroot and that is as easy as downloading the apk, installing and pressing the make it rain.

As for custom recoveries and ROMs its still early days, but no doubt devs are hard at work lol

scottysize

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
So, go into the store and put your phone up against the G3 and S5. Take a few in-store camera shots and use both phones for a while. After that, see if you can make a decision. If you're happy with your S4, you might want to wait for the next round of SmartPhones. If you're not happy with your S4, then I'd look at the G3. My 2 cents.

Jan 13, 2014
Visit site
I also suffer from smartphone addiction lol

My phones,

1)Galaxy S3

2)Galaxy S4

3)Galaxy Mega 6.3"

4)Galaxy Note 2

5)Galaxy Note 3

6)Xperia Z2 (Still Own)

7)The most recent of course G3.

This in a period of 2 years.

The G3's form & build, I agree is second to none and is on par with my Z2 both different but equally as good in this department.

Really do appreciate what Lg have done with the G3.

dude, i've had

droid, droid x, iphone 4, 4s, 5, 5s, Note 2 , Note 3, S4, S5, M7, M8, and lastly the G3, glad I am able to find people with similar psychological issues :)

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pauloxcavalcante