Sound Still Through Speakers with Headphones In

sereneminx

Jul 18, 2014
Visit site
I was trying to set some ringtones on my phone at work (!) and thought using my headphones would keep the sound so only I could hear it. Nope. The sound was in the headphones AND through the speakers. Any way to turn this "feature" off?

yeah yeah

May 7, 2011
Visit site
Had a co-worker, who thought she was listening to music on her computer through her headphones. She had it turned up loud since she couldn't really hear it because she had headphones on. She didn't realize that the entire office could hear her blasting her music from her desk. Hilarious.

biglilsteve

Jul 18, 2014
Visit site
I have this issue and it is very frustrating!! It is my only problem with this phone! When you first plug them in the icon will appear in the notification bar but then disappear a couple seconds later.

blackdogAC

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site
I have this issue too and it is darned annoying. In fact, if this cannot be solved it may be the final issue that makes me return the damned thing. I listen to music a lot in the car by patching the headphone out to the aux in of my stereo.

For me, most often will plug in audio and get nothing at all from the stereo even though it's plugged in. Then for some reason maybe on the fifth or fifteenth try the audio will finally come through the stereo.

Also whenever the player changes tracks, between songs, not only is it not gapless, but there's a loud "spark" noise. HIGHLY annoying. My old Samsung and my HTC M8 never did this.

Sent from my LG-D850 using AC Forums mobile app

mrones

Jun 1, 2014
Visit site
The G2 had a nice visual when you were charging the phone and inserting the audio Jack I don't know why they dropped it out of the G3..also while charging the G2 had a red LED indication while the G3 doesn't..

Posted via Android Central App

jamjordan

Jul 6, 2010
Visit site
I'm having a similar problem. I tried to plug my phone into external Bose speakers and it gives me an icon of a cable that looks like the end that you put in your phone. I get no audio. My htc never had a problem. Any thoughts?

blackdogAC

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site
Wow...no real solution to this? If I can't fix this issue, this phone is going back.

Sent from my LG-D850 using AC Forums mobile app

anon(1733)

Oct 14, 2009
Visit site
I would take it back nd exchange it. Sounds like a defect. I just tried plugging my headphones in. Plugged it into my car auxiliary and no issues. Sounds like a defective phone.

Wikh

Jul 21, 2014
Visit site
I have the same - even though I'm using my headphones the alarm sound is coming from both the headphones and the speaker!

Maybe it was a design choose by LG? I can understand why.

Anybody else?

Is there a way to turn off that? Ibdobt really mind but maybe somebody is.

Sent from my LG-D855 using AC Forums mobile app

blackdogAC

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site
I discovered three things this morning.
1. Apparently (I have not tested this extensively) if I plug in my 3.5mm audio between the G3 and the car stereo aux input FIRST, before firing up the music player on the G3, all is well. Sound comes out of the stereo system. I have not tested whether it STILL comes out of the speaker though.
2. The annoying "spark/static/click" still occurs at the transition of every track. It sounds exactly as it one were to disconnect and reconnect the audio cable...that electronic noise that would occur when the connection is made or broken. This seems like very sloppy programming.
3. There's a very high-pitched multi-tone (random) electronic noise which occurs maybe every 15 seconds or so. You can hear this when the sound is turned up and there is no media playing. Various little random tune patterns of very high frequency sound. Highly annoying.

aitt

Feb 20, 2011
Visit site
I seem to be running into the issue that my custom text notification sound blast at full volume on the phone when I have it adjusted to low while plugged into the speakers. Nothing else comes thru loud but that...

It would appear the solution is to unplug the jack AND THEN adjust the notification sounds and plug back in. That is definitely a bug. It will at least for me not adjust while plugged.

blackdogAC

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site
So...it also appears that this weird issue of the player not functioning after something is plugged into the headphone jack is different when using my audio AUX in cord connection, and the headphones. Using headphones, I do not get this problem and there is no odd "spark sound" between tracks. Perhaps there is something about the impedance it senses that causes it to become flukey?

bru swillis

Feb 11, 2015
Visit site
The G2 had a nice visual when you were charging the phone and inserting the audio Jack I don't know why they dropped it out of the G3..also while charging the G2 had a red LED indication while the G3 doesn't..

Um yeah dood the he has both.

Phillip DeVore

Feb 2, 2015
Visit site
I have some Skull Candy cans with an inline mic. My other pair are Samsung OEM. They will connect and show at varying times a connector, headphones, headphones with a mic. And if the phone moves position the track turns off and the symbol goes away. I can't put it in my pocket.

tardus

May 26, 2014
Visit site
I have some Skull Candy cans with an inline mic. My other pair are Samsung OEM. They will connect and show at varying times a connector, headphones, headphones with a mic. And if the phone moves position the track turns off and the symbol goes away. I can't put it in my pocket.

From what you're saying it's a bad jack on your G3. So please take your earphones and test at a phone carrier store that has G3.
I have a dozen different IEM and headphones and they all work with the G3. Including Xiamomi Piston with mic and Android control, V-Moda m100, etc.

I don't use AUX - car so can't comment on that.

tardus

May 26, 2014
Visit site

From what you're saying it's a bad jack on your G3. So please take your earphones and test at a phone carrier store that has G3.
I have a dozen different IEM and headphones and they all work with the G3. Including Xiamomi Piston with mic and Android control, V-Moda m100, etc.

I don't use AUX - car so can't comment on that.