Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree12Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    22 Global Posts

Post G3 Best (& Affordable) Screen Protectors, and Cases

Looking to get a screen protector (probably tempered glass) for the AT&T G3. I want to see what everyone else is getting, plus any mini reviews if anyone has their screen protector yet.

I want to know the best that's out their... and that are also affordable. It'd be useful to set it up in different price ranges like <$10, <$20, <$30, and $30+.

And if you'd like to, you can also include your thoughts on cases. I know there is already a separate case thread, however it is getting reallllyyy long so one conclusive thread can help. I just got the Otterbox Symmetry (in Denim color because there's no other color aside from black and pink.) I just can't believe how limited the selection Otterbox has for the G3.

Thanks!

Default Re: G3 Best (& Affordable) Screen Protectors, and Cases

Quote Originally Posted by eunesh View Post
    Looking to get a screen protector (probably tempered glass) for the AT&T G3. I want to see what everyone else is getting, plus any mini reviews if anyone has their screen protector yet.

I want to know the best that's out their... and that are also affordable. It'd be useful to set it up in different price ranges like <$10, <$20, <$30, and $30+.

And if you'd like to, you can also include your thoughts on cases. I know there is already a separate case thread, however it is getting reallllyyy long so one conclusive thread can help. I just got the Otterbox Symmetry (in Denim color because there's no other color aside from black and pink.) I just can't believe how limited the selection Otterbox has for the G3.

Thanks!
    I swear by the Zagg Tempered Glass screen protectors. They are a little pricey, usually around $35, but the protection and feel on the phone is amazing.
    Current Devices: OnePlus One, Note 4, Nexus 5, Samsung Galaxy Tab S 8.4

Retired Devices: HTC One M8, Sony Xperia Z2, LG G3, Moto X, Note 3, HTC One, Samsung Galaxy S4, Samsung Galaxy S3, Galaxy Nexus, Motorola Droid Bionic, HTC Droid Incredible, HTC Droid Eris

Android Addict

Zagg is the only glass protector with lifetime guarantee. Spigen cases are affordable and slim
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Global Posts
    22 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by bassplayrguy View Post
    Zagg is the only glass protector with lifetime guarantee. Spigen cases are affordable and slim
    Do you have experience with Spigen protectors? Are they any good?
    Current Devices: (AT&T) LG G3, iPad 3 with Retina Display
    Past Devices: Galaxy S3, iPad 2
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Global Posts
    22 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by mhettrich View Post
    I swear by the Zagg Tempered Glass screen protectors. They are a little pricey, usually around $35, but the protection and feel on the phone is amazing.
    Have you used the Zagg for the G3 yet?

Have you used the Zagg for the G3 yet?
    Absolutely. I have one on right now. Fits perfectly.

Sent from my LG G3 using Tapatalk

Retired Devices: HTC One M8, Sony Xperia Z2, LG G3, Moto X, Note 3, HTC One, Samsung Galaxy S4, Samsung Galaxy S3, Galaxy Nexus, Motorola Droid Bionic, HTC Droid Incredible, HTC Droid Eris

Android Addict
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

Global Posts
    22 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by mhettrich View Post
    Absolutely. I have one on right now. Fits perfectly.

Excuse the noob comment, but what advantage does the glass screen protector have over typical film screen protectors?

Excuse the noob comment, but what advantage does the glass screen protector have over typical film screen protectors?
    It's not rubbery like most screen protectors, and in my opinion offers a higher degree of protection.

Android Addict

Global Posts
    119 Global Posts
    ROM
    Paranoid Android

From what I gather, they look and feel better and are supposed to offer more protection than from just scratches.

Sent from my LG-D851 using Tapatalk
    Party like a Ninja Star

Do you have experience with Spigen protectors? Are they any good?
    I have used spigen slim armor cases on every phone I've had. They are outstanding.
    Thanked by:

Zagg glass is very Sslick. Feels like the gorilla glass.
    Thanked by:
    mhettrich likes this.
  12. Thread Author  Thread Author    #12  

Global Posts
    22 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by bassplayrguy View Post
    Zagg glass is very Sslick. Feels like the gorilla glass.
    In that case... Gorilla Glass 3 + a street protector= Gorilla Glass4
    Thanked by:
    bassplayrguy likes this.

I bought the Verizon Tempered Glass Screen protector when I bought my G3. I have found my new screen protector is all I have to say. It's perfect. Fits perfect and it's very difficult to tell it's there.
    Proud owner of: Black LG G3 & White LG G2
    Gone But Not Forgotten: OG Droid, Dinc, Droid Charge, iPhone 4, Bionic, Razr Maxx & Maxx HD, iPhone 5, SG3, HTC One Maxx, HTC One (M8), iPhone 6, and Droid Turbo (Ask me anything about them. I remember them all.)
    Thanked by:
    eunesh 
    LauraWA likes this.

I've used the Amazon sold sticker clear screen protectors and tpu cases the past 5 years and love them. Especially the cheap prices lol. Usually change the screen protector every 6 to 9mo for a fresh look but no bubbles and does its job.
    Thanked by:
    eunesh 

I picked up the Spigen Crystal screen protectors and THEY SUCK!! As soon as I put it on, the oil in your hands quickly appears on the screen. Looks very bad. I've had other screens that have been very good but these, not so much. I like that they cover the sensors unlike some other cheaper screens that dont. I may give the tempered glass protectors a try!

PS: The Spigen Slim Armor is a very well made case!
    scottysize likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by GrooveRite View Post
    I picked up the Spigen Crystal screen protectors and THEY SUCK!! ...
    Yes. Yes I really did LOL
    Gone But Not Forgotten: OG Droid, Dinc, Droid Charge, iPhone 4, Bionic, Razr Maxx & Maxx HD, iPhone 5, SG3, HTC One Maxx, HTC One (M8), iPhone 6, and Droid Turbo (Ask me anything about them. I remember them all.)

Quote Originally Posted by scottysize View Post
    I bought the Verizon Tempered Glass Screen protector when I bought my G3. I have found my new screen protector is all I have to say. It's perfect. Fits perfect and it's very difficult to tell it's there.
    I didn't see the best case. I'm waiting for my Tech21 to be delivered. Hopefully it'll be the best case, but I won't know for a few weeks. Do a search for Tech21 Drop Test on YouTube. You'll see what I mean.

Quote Originally Posted by scottysize View Post
    I didn't see the best case. I'm waiting for my Tech21 to be delivered. Hopefully it'll be the best case, but I won't know for a few weeks. Do a search for Tech21 Drop Test on YouTube. You'll see what I mean.
    Yeah, I was referring to the screen protectors, not the cases. The Spigen case is very nice. I posted pics of it in the cases thread. I saw that video as well.....very nice!

I got Verizon tempered glass one also 18 with discount. Best looking and feeling screen protector I have ever used.

Posted via Android Central App

I used this screen protector. Easiest ever to put on. Awesome very satisfied
    iCarez® for LG G3 [Thinnest Tempered Glass] Highest Quality Premium Anti-Scratch Bubble-free Reduce Fingerprint No Rainbow Washable Screen Protector Easy Install Product with Lifetime Replacement Warranty [1-Pack,0.2mm] - Retail Packaging 2014

Gator352 and GrooveRite like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Kingb1186 View Post
    I used this screen protector. Easiest ever to put on. Awesome very satisfied
    iCarez® for LG G3 [Thinnest Tempered Glass] Highest Quality Premium Anti-Scratch Bubble-free Reduce Fingerprint No Rainbow Washable Screen Protector Easy Install Product with Lifetime Replacement Warranty [1-Pack,0.2mm] - Retail Packaging 2014

I'm now looking for another screen protector because the Spigen Crystal clear ones that I bought are HORRIBLE!! Smudges incredibly easy unlike other cheaper screens I've had in the past. The iCarez you bought I like because its THIN (.2mm) BUT the top of the screen on the left hand side doesn't cover the sensors unlike the Spigen one. The Spigen glass does but is quite pricey so I'm currently ordering a few cheap ones hoping I get a winner out of one of them, lol!
    Gator352 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by GrooveRite View Post
    I'm now looking for another screen protector because the Spigen Crystal clear ones that I bought are HORRIBLE!! Smudges incredibly easy unlike other cheaper screens I've had in the past. The iCarez you bought I like because its THIN (.2mm) BUT the top of the screen on the left hand side doesn't cover the sensors unlike the Spigen one. The Spigen glass does but is quite pricey so I'm currently ordering a few cheap ones hoping I get a winner out of one of them, lol!
    I just bought that same screen protector she did. I also got a spigen (all black) slim case coming as well.
    Note 4/ Note 3 / Note 2 / hTc One E8 / Moto X / hTc ONE / LG G3 / iTerd 5s / iTerd 6

Quote Originally Posted by Gator352 View Post
    I just bought that same screen protector she did. I also got a spigen (all black) slim case coming as well.
    Nice! Let us know how you like it! Also, let me know if you think the unprotected part will get dinged/scratched up or not. Thats my main concern about it. Otherwise, I may pick it up since its not too pricey.

I really don't think it is an issue just my opinion. I think you would be happy with this screen protector

GrooveRite likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Kingb1186 View Post
    I really don't think it is an issue just my opinion. I think you would be happy with this screen protector

I'll more than likely pick it up if I'm unhappy with these regular screen protectors.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast