Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Camera issues?

This could very well be a bad sd card...but just got back from vacation using this phone and reviewing photos and a good bit of them are hosed up...not all but quite a few (probably about 1/4 if then). I am using an external sd card though...Maybe it's bad. Never had issues with the same sd card in my other phone (Galaxy S3)

The weird thing is the preview/thumbnail looks fine but some are just static, and some look like it made a collage with other pics, done have missing info/grey strips, etc.

Here's a sampling...anyone else seeing similar issues?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Camera issues?-1405694479789.jpg   Camera issues?-1405694493348.jpg   Camera issues?-1405694533440.jpg   Camera issues?-1405694546249.jpg   Camera issues?-1405694559828.jpg  

2. Thread Author  Thread Author    #2  

Default Re: Camera issues?

Here's more. Not that noticeable in the second one but there's a gray strip across the bottom
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Camera issues?-1405694624880.jpg   Camera issues?-1405694668830.jpg   Camera issues?-1405694709879.jpg   Camera issues?-1405694722398.jpg  
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

And a couple more
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Camera issues?-1405695234503.jpg   Camera issues?-1405695246538.jpg  

Have you tried taking and viewing them from the internal? That would answer your question .

Sent from my T-Mobile Note 3 using AC Forums.
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

I uploaded them to Dropbox....same issues.

But I did switch to storing them internally instead. I'll take some pics today and see if I have issues.

I'm having this same issue with my phone I'm going to take it back tomorrow since I've only had it for 3 days have you gotten yours fixed

Sent from my LG-D851 using AC Forums mobile app

i use to own a camera that would do this same exact thing. and i tried 2 different sd cards.
    probably a image rendering issue? im not even sure..
    i would def take the sd card out and try taking a bunch a photos saved onto the internal sd.
    if the issue is still there take the phone back.
    also please state ur carrier.
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #8  

Quote Originally Posted by quay69 View Post
    I'm having this same issue with my phone I'm going to take it back tomorrow since I've only had it for 3 days have you gotten yours fixed
    I took a few storing them internally yesterday and it hasn't happened. Going to the Baltimore Aquarium today so I'll take quite a few more. I'll post back.

I think it's a rendering issue (or something). I looked at my Google+ auto backups and not only did it have the bad pictures like I posted above, but the good ones too....weird because it's only one picture so don't know why Google+ has both...But I was able to get the good pictures anyways.

I'll let you know how the pics come out today.

I'm taking mine back to T-Mobile today I'm not going to be stuck with a lemon it's only been 3 days with the phone so they have to give me a new one

10. Thread Author  Thread Author    #10  

I took over 100 photos yesterday to the internal storage with no issues. So either a bad card, or there's an issue with storing photos to the external card.

Anyone else having issues with photos to the external card? Tue above poster and me make two...

I took my phone back yesterday and they gave me a brand new one no questions asked once they saw how the pics came out looking, this new device hasn't done the picture thing so I'm thinking it was a bad device because I have a scan disk 64 gig card and it was in both of them

Global Posts
    175 Global Posts
    Carrier
    Virtuous Sense 3.0

Pretty sure this is an issue with your external sd card.

Posted via Android Central App
    streetkilln likes this.