Changes between different carrier models. What have you noticed?

TheMarcus

Jun 5, 2011
Visit site
Seems like my girlfriend's AT&T version has some cool software quirks versus my T-Mobile version.

For example, when using the knock code on hers, after the screen turns off, if she she turns it back on before it locks, she'll have the swipe lock screen. After it's locked, it's knock code. For mine, it's either completely secured with lock code or it just goes straight to my last app if it hasn't locked yet. I wish I could get the swipe screen on mine before knock code secured it.

Another thing is the auto brightness setting. T-Mobile has one auto brightness setting while on AT&T you can adjust how dim or bright you want your auto brightness to work. Again, another perk of AT&T version IMO.

On my phone, "removing" apps from the stock launcher app drawer doesn't do anything. At all. Whereas on the AT&T model, it either disables system apps or uninstalls user apps.

T-Mobile version is able to have brightness and volume sliders in the notification tray and I don't think the AT&T version has that. Personally, I think that's cluttered and turned it off right away

T-Mobile version is able to link a couple of cloud accounts to the system gallery and I think music player as well. This would be cool if I actually used Dropbox for storing pictures, but why bother when Google+ does that out of the box?

She can tether with no problem while I'd need to change my plan to add tethering or wait until root to work around this.

By default, her AT&T model had the accessibility option to light up the camera flash when receiving a notification turned on.

Anything else you guys have noticed for those of you who have been able to play with different models?

Sent from my LG-D851 using Tapatalk

GrooveRite

Sep 30, 2010
Visit site
Verizon has Verizon branding on the front

Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 3

I've heard that the Verizon branding makes the phone better than the other G3's on different networks! Something about the logo powering the phone differently. Very interesting stuff!

lol :D

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kemberley1