Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree2Likes

Default Re: G3 Notification Light Not Flashing

I've tried Light Flow (purchased) and Light Manager and all the suggestions above and still can't get the LED to flash when I get an email in my gmail app. But I'm not going to return it just for that. The light flashes when I turn them on in Notifications, so I know the hardware works. Hope an update will fix it.

Global Posts
    317 Global Posts
    ROM
    LG's 4.4.2

Quote Originally Posted by babracmmm View Post
    I've tried Light Flow (purchased) and Light Manager and all the suggestions above and still can't get the LED to flash when I get an email in my gmail app. But I'm not going to return it just for that. The light flashes when I turn them on in Notifications, so I know the hardware works. Hope an update will fix it.
    That is odd. It is working just fine (light flow) on my phone.

I had it replaced (twice) though to get it to work.
    Current Carrier: T-Mobile (all phones are carrier locked) || Current Phone: LG G3 rooted || Previous Phone: Galaxy S4

Mines doing the same damn thing.

Sent from my LG-D850 using AC Forums mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by MONDINGO View Post
    Mines doing the same damn thing.

Make sure SETTINGS > DISPLAY > NOTIFICATION LED > DOWNLOADED APPS is checked off.

For Light Manager, you have to add the Gmail application to the list. I think it was the same for Light Flow.
    Last edited by dcemureviews; 08-05-2014 at 05:35 PM.
    tardus likes this.

Once I checked the box in settings to allow downloaded apps to use the notification light (this isn't set by default) all is working fine with approx 2 secs between flashes.

Quote Originally Posted by dcemureviews View Post
    Make sure SETTINGS > DISPLAY > NOTIFICATION LIGHT > DOWNLOADED APPS is checked off.

For Light Manager, you have to add the Gmail application to the list. I think it was the same for Light Flow.
    My only gripe is why does checking this off have an affect on like calls, and messaging? Especially if we are using stock may messaging app etc? Just curious..

Make sure SETTINGS > DISPLAY > NOTIFICATION LIGHT > DOWNLOADED APPS is checked off.

On mine:
    SETTINGS > DISPLAY > NOTIFICATION LED > DOWNLOADED APPS

Very good advice! I think this was not check off by default.

Well I went ahead and checked it off and it works. Thanks guys!

Sent from my HTC One using AC Forums mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by tardus View Post
    On mine:
    SETTINGS > DISPLAY > NOTIFICATION LED > DOWNLOADED APPS

Very good advice! I think this was not check off by default.
    Yes, LED.
    Thanked by:

Thanks. I checked the "Downloaded apps" on notifications and now I get the notification light...very, very slowly. But now I have it. Will Lighflow speed that up?
    Thanked by:

Thanks. I checked the "Downloaded apps" on notifications and now I get the notification light...very, very slowly. But now I have it. Will Lighflow speed that up?
    Yes light flow will speed up the notification light. That is the reason I am using light flow as the light for Gmail would only flash once every 8 seconds or so for me with stock notification. The light on my note 2 worked a ton better then then stock on the g3, LG could take a few notes from Samsung on the notification light. Hopefully they fix it in a future update.

Posted via the Android Central App
    Thanked by:

For me, it seems to be Quiet Mode causing the LED to not flash. If quiet mode is on, and the disable LED option is selected, my LED doesn't work regardless of what time it is.

Lightbulb Re: G3 Notification Light Not Flashing

I just found this: "The most common issue is the phone settings, try going into your phone settings, LEDs and make sure only "downloaded apps" is switched on and all the other options are switched off, this will usually fix most issues." on another forum. I'd tried all kinds of things with no success and this worked!

Ok guys... I guess I've found the issue. As long as there is no hardware issue, here's the solution. The catch is that the LED will only work when your screen is off. If you got ur screen up, even charging notification won't work. Lock your screen off n check if it works. As simple a that. You don't need any other so to push it up.

Make sure SETTINGS > DISPLAY > NOTIFICATION LED > DOWNLOADED APPS is checked off.

thats it !!!
    its working now. thanks a lot.
    LG G3 32GB WHITE

Found the source of this evil:
    The Flash LED (of the camera, in the back of your device) is not the same as the Notification LED (the colorful thingy), so turning on and off the Notification LED would do no good.
    What you want to do is go to Accessibility and turn off *Flash Notification*.

Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by BTaylorSacto View Post
    I just found this: "The most common issue is the phone settings, try going into your phone settings, LEDs and make sure only "downloaded apps" is switched on and all the other options are switched off, this will usually fix most issues." on another forum. I'd tried all kinds of things with no success and this worked!
    I'd like to shake your hand sir. This worked for me with Light Manager on an AT&T G3. Tried everything else, and kept getting the crappy system flashes.

Light manager does what LG failed to do... at least failed to do well.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123