G3 Notification Light Not Flashing

HoldFastHope

May 16, 2010
Visit site
I was finally able to get my LED notifications working. Stock is just too slow, 10-12 seconds between green flashes. I really hope they fix that with an update.

I tried Light Flow again and that app is garbage. Great looking app but just garbage. Light Manager was what I used with my Note 2 and it worked fantastic. Now it is working on my G3. Make sure to give the app permission through Accessibility. Hope this helps.

Posted via Android Central App

xocomaox

Jul 8, 2014
Visit site
I think Light Flow is only for 4.3 and below. Not sure.

I used it on my razr maxx and it was wonderful. Have not tested on G3 yet.

dcemureviews

Jul 13, 2010
Visit site
I'm on Verizon and also experienced the no LED notifications despite having everything turned on.

Downloaded Light Flow per recommendations. Even though it was nice and worked well, the customization was too overwhelming. Ended up downloading Light Manager per recommendations also. This worked well and I kind of like this better. Straight to the point even with customization.

babracmmm

Apr 17, 2010
Visit site
I've tried Light Flow (purchased) and Light Manager and all the suggestions above and still can't get the LED to flash when I get an email in my gmail app. But I'm not going to return it just for that. The light flashes when I turn them on in Notifications, so I know the hardware works. Hope an update will fix it.

DudeThatsErin

Mar 30, 2014
Visit site
I've tried Light Flow (purchased) and Light Manager and all the suggestions above and still can't get the LED to flash when I get an email in my gmail app. But I'm not going to return it just for that. The light flashes when I turn them on in Notifications, so I know the hardware works. Hope an update will fix it.

That is odd. It is working just fine (light flow) on my phone.

I had it replaced (twice) though to get it to work.

MONDINGO

Aug 3, 2012
Visit site

Mines doing the same damn thing.

Sent from my LG-D850 using AC Forums mobile app

dcemureviews

Jul 13, 2010
Visit site

Mines doing the same damn thing.

Make sure SETTINGS > DISPLAY > NOTIFICATION LED > DOWNLOADED APPS is checked off.

For Light Manager, you have to add the Gmail application to the list. I think it was the same for Light Flow.

Last edited:

dthvpr

Aug 5, 2014
Visit site
Once I checked the box in settings to allow downloaded apps to use the notification light (this isn't set by default) all is working fine with approx 2 secs between flashes.

MONDINGO

Aug 3, 2012
Visit site
Make sure SETTINGS > DISPLAY > NOTIFICATION LIGHT > DOWNLOADED APPS is checked off.

For Light Manager, you have to add the Gmail application to the list. I think it was the same for Light Flow.

My only gripe is why does checking this off have an affect on like calls, and messaging? Especially if we are using stock may messaging app etc? Just curious..

tardus

May 26, 2014
Visit site
Make sure SETTINGS > DISPLAY > NOTIFICATION LIGHT > DOWNLOADED APPS is checked off.

On mine:
SETTINGS > DISPLAY > NOTIFICATION LED > DOWNLOADED APPS

Very good advice! I think this was not check off by default.

babracmmm

Apr 17, 2010
Visit site
Thanks. I checked the "Downloaded apps" on notifications and now I get the notification light...very, very slowly. But now I have it. Will Lighflow speed that up?