Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    12 Global Posts

Default G3 Notification Light Not Flashing

So I just got the G3 yesterday and finally have it setup. I have noticed though that the notification light does not seem to be functioning. When i receive notifications there is no flashing, regardless of the type of notification. I know the light is not broken because it does flash blue when I knock on the screen, and it also lights red when charging. I downloaded Light Flow to see if I could force the light, but that does not seem to have worked either. I checked to make sure the notification light was set to on under the Display setting page. Not sure what's going on, anything I may be missing?
    Thanked by:

Global Posts
    65 Global Posts

Default Re: G3 Notification Light Not Flashing

I had the same problem. I went into the settings and deactivated the notification light then activated it and clicked on each option for missed call, messages, and unchecked and rechecked the box and after that it worked.

Posted via Android Central App
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Global Posts
    12 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by jdfry15 View Post
    I had the same problem. I went into the settings and deactivated the notification light then activated it and clicked on each option for missed call, messages, and unchecked and rechecked the box and after that it worked.

Gave it a shot but still not working. Its strange because when I click each of those check boxes it flashes a preview of the notification light, so I know it works, just nothing happens when the real thing comes through.

Have you tried a soft reset? That worked for me when my auto rotate screen stopped working.

5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Global Posts
    12 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by belodion View Post
    Have you tried a soft reset? That worked for me when my auto rotate screen stopped working.

Yeah, tried a battery pull as well, no go. Thanks for the suggestion though.

Quote Originally Posted by goas123 View Post
    Yeah, tried a battery pull as well, no go. Thanks for the suggestion though.
    Next step return to store and get a replacement

7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

Global Posts
    12 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Duncan1982 View Post
    Next step return to store and get a replacement

Think I got it figured out. It had something to do with the volume setting. I turned on the sound and it started working. Now when I put it back on vibrate it still works. Not sure what the deal is, but thanks for the feedback!

Think I got it figured out. It had something to do with the volume setting. I turned on the sound and it started working. Now when I put it back on vibrate it still works. Not sure what the deal is, but thanks for the feedback!
    Well sometimes all it takes is to mess around for an hour or perhaps two lol

Glad you got it sorted :-)

I've heard of DND modes disabling notification lights but that was a little strange. I hope it doesn't happen again.

I got the same problem.

Sent from my LG-D850 using AC Forums mobile app

There is the LED toggle in the Notification Panel, is that turned off?

G3 Notification Light Not Flashing-screenshot_2014-07-19-09-48-26.png

I am having the same problem. If you figure out how you fixed it, I'd love to know!

I thought my LED wasn't working as well but then I noticed that it just blinks really slowly. It only blinks every 10 seconds. At least that's what I have observed. I'm really looking for the LED to blink every 2-3 seconds. Anyone know how? I've tried Lightflow and Light Manager and neither one seem to work on the G3 yet.

Global Posts
    148 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by HoldFastHope View Post
    I thought my LED wasn't working as well but then I noticed that it just blinks really slowly. It only blinks every 10 seconds. At least that's what I have observed. I'm really looking for the LED to blink every 2-3 seconds. Anyone know how? I've tried Lightflow and Light Manager and neither one seem to work on the G3 yet.
    I'm using light flow and is working great. I have the setting set to fast and now the light dances so I will never miss a notification. Not a pro but maybe you have some settings you need to set.

Quote Originally Posted by dunamis View Post
    I'm using light flow and is working great. I have the setting set to fast and now the light dances so I will never miss a notification. Not a pro but maybe you have some settings you need to set.

Are you on ART or dalvik? I'm on ART, that may be why.

I have no idea if on ART, just starting to learn about it. Will try out and see if that changes anything. Otherwise still not working.

AT&T probably disabled it like they do everything else..lol

Wish it were that easy...mine is Verizon.

Global Posts
    148 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by HoldFastHope View Post
    Are you on ART or dalvik? I'm on ART, that may be why.

While I was on Art it worked too but had to switch back to dalvik cause of random frequent shutdowns...but both processes work regarding light flow.

Global Posts
    148 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by LauraWA View Post
    Wish it were that easy...mine is Verizon.

I had the same problem of not working but I don't know what I did frankly to make it work. All I did was to take the battery our couple of times and later it started to work. I messed with the settings on the phone settings and on the light flow so much I couldn't tell you what made it work...sorry. Just keep trying something...worst come, take it back and have them see at Verizon and they'll maybe replace!

Broken for me too. Very annoying.

Ok, so after going back to default settings I think it is working. It flashes when calls from contacts come in and texts, but as someone else said it is a very slow blink. Wish I could speed it up. Annoying to say the least. Will keep messing with it.

Are you sure that "Downloaded apps" is ticked?

I think that it was not ticked by default.

yeah- LED On in Settings\Display.
    No worky.
    This one's going back to AT&T today.
  25. Thread Author  Thread Author    #25  

Global Posts
    12 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by blackdogAC View Post
    yeah- LED On in Settings\Display.
    No worky.
    This one's going back to AT&T today.
    Sorry for the late reply, I did not realize this thread had more replys after mine was fixed. For me personally I was getting no LED flashing accept for the blue light when I turned on my screen. When I went into the notificaiton light settings it would worked correctly when I clicked on each of the different otpions, but then not flashing when an actual notification came in. The way I "Fixed" it was to mess with the volume settings of the phone. After I turned up the volumne it began working again. I figured it had something to do with a silent mode that also impacted the notification light, not too sure. However, now that it is working again, it also works when I put the phone into Vibrate etc.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast