Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree3Likes

Default Re: my only disappointments/opinions of g3

Are you on a T-Mobile device?

Quote Originally Posted by Duncan1982 View Post
    Go into the camera settings-gear icon and you should see a SD card icon?

Nope. It doesn't exist. I figured it would be in the settings like all of my other previous android phones. I have no idea what's going on.

Posted via Android Central App

I just got the LG G3 yesterday and so far I like it. With my old Samsung phone, I was able to change notification tone for specific contacts. Does anyone know if it is possible on the G3 to change a contacts notification tone for when they text you?

Quote Originally Posted by Veary View Post
    I just got the LG G3 yesterday and so far I like it. With my old Samsung phone, I was able to change notification tone for specific contacts. Does anyone know if it is possible on the G3 to change a contacts notification tone for when they text you?
    No we can't. I couldn't do it with the g2 either. I use textra to be able to have customized notifications for texts.

Sent from my LG-D851 using AC Forums mobile app
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #30  

Quote Originally Posted by Veary View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by gummyjelly View Post
    No we can't. I couldn't do it with the g2 either. I use textra to be able to have customized notifications for texts.

Sent from my LG-D851 using AC Forums mobile app
    i seem to be able to set notification tone for any contact.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/7essjmecrd...8-05-04-55.png

seems like most people who have issues with the phone really have issues with finding out how to use the phone.
    Thanked by:
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #32  

Quote Originally Posted by frank-barnett View Post
    seems like most people who have issues with the phone really have issues with finding out how to use the phone.
    its not hard to use pretty easy.
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #33  

Thought id update my post

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by streetkilln View Post
    i seem to be able to set notification tone for any contact.
    I don't have the option of changing the notification type for specific contacts either. The next option after "Ringtone" for me is "Vibration Type". I tried to add a field but that didn't help either. On my HTC device it was easy to ignore a contact as well. I found this option on my G3 but it was harder to locate and now I can't find it again.

^^^Welcome to AC and the G3 forum.☺

The notification sounds are confusing....the more so for me because I have three phones, all in use for different things at the same time, and I lose track of what sound means what. I was startled and confused when one went off in a drawer the other day....couldn't work out what it meant. In fact, it turned out to be someone making a TELEPHONE CALL.

Posted via Android Central App

Quote Originally Posted by Char_B View Post
    I don't have the option of changing the notification type for specific contacts either. The next option after "Ringtone" for me is "Vibration Type". I tried to add a field but that didn't help either. On my HTC device it was easy to ignore a contact as well. I found this option on my G3 but it was harder to locate and now I can't find it again.
    Are you going into contacts and selecting which one you want, then editing? It allows me to select a ringtone and message notification sound for each contact.

Posted via the Android Central App
    OD, DX, D3, Bionic, Nexus, RAZR Max and Nexus 7

Quote Originally Posted by myersjesse View Post
    Are you going into contacts and selecting which one you want, then editing? It allows me to select a ringtone and message notification sound for each contact.
    I was surprised to see that I don't have the option to set a notification sound on mine, either (Sprint LS990). I use Handcent, which has that feature, so it's not a big deal. But that option definitely isn't there.
    PLEASE, when asking for help provide as much information as possible. We can't help unless we know what the symptoms are and what you did before they began.

LG G3 on Sprint. [Stumped and Bumped, Debloated, Startup apps managed, Trickster, Nova Prime, Swiftkey, G3 Tweakbox]--> Runs smooth as silk, now.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12