my only disappointments/opinions of g3

streetkilln

Apr 20, 2012
Visit site
so this is my disappointments/opinions it may not be a bother to u so dont go by what i say.

first all is the led notification.
the led was a lot brighter on the g2 than it is on the g3. on the g3 is dim and it can be a pain to see it flashing in sunlight.

2. what happen to the back led?
so if u had the g2 u know there was a back led ring around the power button. for incoming calls or texts.
why did they remove that it was a great feature and could of been used for more.

3. vibration.
to me the vibration strength is not as strong as the g2 it seems weaker.
even on max vib its hard to hear or feel.

4. the dam colored categories in stock apps. {email, text, contacts , ect).
its pretty cool they are colored but there are some i would like to change the color of like the text app its yellow...

5. Qslide and dualwindow.
Is it just me or do they need more apps that support this feature.
Also why in qslide messaging u cant see ur messages?

6. Lg smart keyboard.
So i thought i give the lgs keyboard a shot for a week. I did not agree with it. Its slow and studdery and it just feels odd. Also its not as customizable i thought it be. If they updated it and made it better id try it again.

Last edited:

Gator352

Banned
Sep 11, 2010
Visit site
1. The LED on mine is bright. I think not as bright as the G2 but bright.

2. The LED on the power button on the G2 was a nice touch. They shouldn't have removed it.

3. I think mine vibrates harder than the G2. I know the speaker is loud though.

4. I agree.

5. Mine tells me who texted just above the content. It's small but it's there.

6. It will tell you who's B-day, anniversary, notes, appointments, and/or other information that's set on any calendar that you have synced with the phone. It will also pull info from your contacts as well. I also don't like the layout all too much and different colors would be nice. My only real complaint with it is that it uses accuweather for the weather....and accuweather sucks in my area for some reason.

streetkilln

Apr 20, 2012
Visit site
1. The LED on mine is bright. I think not as bright as the G2 but bright.

2. The LED on the power button on the G2 was a nice touch. They shouldn't have removed it.

3. I think mine vibrates harder than the G2. I know the speaker is loud though.

4. I agree.

5. Mine tells me who texted just above the content. It's small but it's there.

6. It will tell you who's B-day, anniversary, notes, appointments, and/or other information that's set on any calendar that you have synced with the phone. It will also pull info from your contacts as well. I also don't like the layout all too much and different colors would be nice. My only real complaint with it is that it uses accuweather for the weather....and accuweather sucks in my area for some reason.

whos ur carrier because my lockscreen text notification just shows 1 missed message. or any number u kno..

Gator352

Banned
Sep 11, 2010
Visit site
whos ur carrier because my lockscreen text notification just shows 1 missed message. or any number u kno..
I'm with Sprint. On my lock screen it shows the name and a message preview. Did you enable it in settings??

Open your messaging app. Go into settings. Tap notification. Check Preview.

This option is not ON by default.

streetkilln

Apr 20, 2012
Visit site
I'm with Sprint. On my lock screen it shows the name and a message preview. Did you enable it in settings??

Open your messaging app. Go into settings. Tap notification. Check Preview.

This option is not ON by default.

yea have that checked but i guess its not working? idk.. i disabled and re-enabled
i sent my self a test message and it just says new message on the lockscreen

can u show a screen cap?

im wit att

Gator352

Banned
Sep 11, 2010
Visit site
Screenshot_2014-07-19-06-46-22.jpg
yea have that checked but i guess its not working? idk.. i disabled and re-enabled
i sent my self a test message and it just says new message on the lockscreen

can u show a screen cap?

im wit att

Ok I'm wrong. It doesn't show a message preview on the lock screen but it does show who's texting.....same with calling....

Also, if you tap the notification, it brings up a white shaded box on the screen. Swipe your finger in that box and it will take you to that particular message.

Gator352

Banned
Sep 11, 2010
Visit site
mine dont even show a name or number.. just new message. hmmm.
i see u have the smart screen on. how is that working out. on my g2 it wasnt that great , havent tried g3.

Smart screen works fine for me. In darker areas or at night, it's wonkey but during the day or a lit room it works as intended.

Maybe if you send yourself a message, it doesn't show that "you" messaged it. Try having someone else text you.

Brerlapn

Jun 18, 2010
Visit site
1) No complaints about the front LED

2) That sounds like a cool feature, but i generally keep my phone screen up when I set it down.

3) Are you using a case? I thought the vibration on my HTC One S was ridiculously week until about 6-8 months after I bought it. One day I had it sitting on the table with the case off and someone called. The racket from the vibration scared the bejeezus out of me. Turns out my case (I think it was a G30 from T-Mobile) just absorbed everything.

4) Still getting used to LG's skin after coming from Sense. LG definitely has less options for their skin.

5) I have the same issue. I've got preview set, but it just says "One Message". I have T-Mobile, and have preview enabled in settings, like Gator352 said, but it still just says "message" without a name or preview of the text.

6) Mine tells me if I should bring an umbrella or not. Which is actually pretty useful. Being able to configure colors would definitely be nice.

Ventura726

May 16, 2012
Visit site
Mine doesn't show the name or message either. I'm on AT&T. Seems like it just makes sense to show at least some detail other than just "New Message" considering the icon at the top of the screen would let you know you have a new message. Also, I do miss the light ring around the power button. Weird how the littlest things stand out. My only real gripe is that I notice sometimes when the phone is in the front pocket of my jeans, it will accidentally turn itself on and take a screenshot. The same type of thing used to happen with my G2. Otherwise I'm pretty happy with the phone so far. We'll see if that changes in the next 12 days!

Rashawn29

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
I don't have one, but maybe it's like Samsung where you need to go into s-voice n enable it to show the text on the lock screen, try LG voice app setting to see if it's there.

Sent from my Galaxy S4 via Android Central App

Liljay86

Mar 8, 2013
Visit site
so this is my disappointments/opinions it may not be a bother to u so dont go by what i say.

the led was a lot brighter on the g2 than it is on the g3. on the g3 is dim and it can be a pain to see it flashing in sunlight.

so if u had the g2 u know there was a back led ring around the power button. for incoming calls or texts.
why did they remove that it was a great feature and could of been used for more.

3. vibration.

its pretty cool they are colored but there are some i would like to change the color of like the text app its yellow... <.<
lg being more customization they should of added that ability.

5. the lockscreen notifications.
i like it, it shows if u have a missed call or text. but it does not show who textelike.. you should be able to swipe or something to be able to see.
that.
again lg being more customization they should of added that ability.

6. the smart notification widget.
i like it it looks cool but what is it supposed to do exactly?
i have gotten nothing from that widget..
also i would like to be able to change the colors to make it at least match my background.. come on..

1. The LED Notification light on my G3 is pretty bright and the best LED I've seen, IMO.

2. I'm glad they didn't bring back the old back button LED, i didn't like it cause for one i don't leave my screen facing down. Front LED is perfect, you can change it to alot of colors.

3. Mine vibrates perfect, not to hard not to soft. You can change the strength in settings.

4. Probably be customizable later.

5. On mines when i have a text message it says it, text msg from they're name.

6. Its kind of like a reminder, tells you about the weather and if you need umbrella or to save a number if you've called it alot, so on.

And to person asked about IR Blaster, mines works pretty good and kinda far back. No problems with it.

streetkilln

Apr 20, 2012
Visit site
1. The LED Notification light on my G3 is pretty bright and the best LED I've seen, IMO.

2. I'm glad they didn't bring back the old back button LED, i didn't like it cause for one i don't leave my screen facing down. Front LED is perfect, you can change it to alot of colors.

3. Mine vibrates perfect, not to hard not to soft. You can change the strength in settings.

4. Probably be customizable later.

5. On mines when i have a text message it says it, text msg from they're name.

6. Its kind of like a reminder, tells you about the weather and if you need umbrella or to save a number if you've called it alot, so on.

And to person asked about IR Blaster, mines works pretty good and kinda far back. No problems with it.

maybe ill make a comparison video of the g2 and g3 led and vibration its very noticeable difference,

because the g2 has a way better led light is very bright

Relgoshan

May 16, 2011
Visit site

3. vibration.

its pretty cool they are colored but there are some i would like to change the color of like the text app its yellow... <.<
lg being more customization they should of added that ability.

5. the lockscreen notifications.
i like it, it shows if u have a missed call or text. but it does not show who texted you.. you should be able to swipe or something to be able to see.
that.
again lg being more customization they should of added that ability.

6. the smart notification widget.
i like it it looks cool but what is it supposed to do exactly?
i have gotten nothing from that widget..
also i would like to be able to change the colors to make it at least match my background.. come on..

Yeah the rear LED is a major thing on the Flex, and no disadvantage because curved screen does not touch table.

Brian Stewart1

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site
I only have 1 issue with G3 and its a pretty minor one really

the default phone app when adding a new contact always defaults to storing the contact on the phone .... (and not any other source - i.e Google)

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bnutz