Anyone having micro stutter?

Gator352

Banned
Sep 11, 2010
Visit site
It's not lag. It's micro stutter. Kinda like the GS4 had when it was released. Like opening the messaging app. It will pop up, pause for split second, then open the rest of the way (looks as if it's jittering). It does this also on the phone and contacts apps including the keyboard. Same with opening the app drawer and sliding between screens in the app drawer. It doesn't do it all the time just here and there. Kind of annoying. I have done a factory reset without installing any apps and it still does it.

The demo unit at Sprint did this as well but I chalked it up to a boatload of crap running from people playing with it. This isn't a deal breaker or anything like that but damn...the G2 seemed much smoother.

Anyone got any ideas?

Last edited:

Duncan1982

Banned
Oct 21, 2013
Visit site
I only had this micro lag when in the app drawer scrolling. I created a single page of folders (should have done upon set up, more organised) now as I don't have to scroll I don't have that lag.

Seems some are experiencing this more than others. I assume Lg will be pushing updates for bug fixes?

Posted via Android Central App

Gator352

Banned
Sep 11, 2010
Visit site
I only had this micro lag when in the app drawer scrolling. I created a single page of folders (should have done upon set up, more organised) now as I don't have to scroll I don't have that lag.

Seems some are experiencing this more than others. I assume Lg will be pushing updates for bug fixes?

I hope. Sammy did. I mean it's not all that bad but it's there and it actually diminishes the experience.

How in the world do I make a folder in the app drawer? I can't figure the sucker out!

jneusch

May 18, 2011
Visit site
I am having the same experience. Sometimes it's worse than what I experienced with the GS4 and sometimes it doesn't happen at all.

Duncan1982

Banned
Oct 21, 2013
Visit site
I hope. Sammy did. I mean it's not all that bad but it's there and it actually diminishes the experience.

Yeh I'm sure Lg will and hopefully in a timely fashion.

I now have mine lag free which is great, but for those that are experiencing this in the opening of messages, dialer ect it can most certainly detract from what is a great product .

But you would be disappointed if you decided to return and the day after an update cured right?

Gator352

Banned
Sep 11, 2010
Visit site
Yeh I'm sure Lg will and hopefully in a timely fashion.

I now have mine lag free which is great, but for those that are experiencing this in the opening of messages, dialer ect it can most certainly detract from what is a great product .

But you would be disappointed if you decided to return and the day after an update cured right?

LOL! Well I won't be returning it...If anything I'll exchange it but won't return it. I like it too much as it's a sexy *&^%( !!

csmith1289

Jul 14, 2014
Visit site
I notice this when scrolling through apps. I also notice it when I first begin typing on the keyboard.

Sent from my LG-D850 using AC Forums mobile app

Gator352

Banned
Sep 11, 2010
Visit site
I am having the same experience. Sometimes it's worse than what I experienced with the GS4 and sometimes it doesn't happen at all.

I know the feeling. I can use it and it will fly and be smooth as butter. Then all of a sudden it happens. My wife's GS4 is smooth as butter no matter what you do with it. My daughters M7 takes the cake though....HTC has been making some great strides in experience.

Duncan1982

Banned
Oct 21, 2013
Visit site
LOL! Well I won't be returning it...If anything I'll exchange it but won't return it. I like it too much as it's a sexy *&^%( !!

Yeah curves are great right lol

I'm sure Lg are aware and will be working on fixes to remedy the few reported issue's.

Gator352

Banned
Sep 11, 2010
Visit site
Yeah curves are great right lol

I'm sure Lg are aware and will be working on fixes to remedy the few reported issue's.

I'm sure they are and have no doubt.

Now tell me how to make a folder within the app drawer....this is killing me!!!

Duncan1982

Banned
Oct 21, 2013
Visit site
I'm sure they are and have no doubt.

Now tell me how to make a folder within the app drawer....this is killing me!!!

Go into your app drawer the three dots at top right go down to edit/uninstall apps, from there you can place an app on top of another thus creating a folder.

You can rename folders and use different colours if you so wish.

Hope this helps bud :)

sdsubball23

Oct 25, 2011
Visit site
What carrier are you guys experiencing this microstutter?

I tried out two verizon g3's today at the retail store and both have the microstutter while I opened up some apps. I also noticed this while I went to the data settings and clicked on the section that led to where I can switch between global and lte, etc. Has anyone noticed this microstuttering in that particular section of the settings?

I have an s5 and I think my s5 is somewhat smoother, though it has its stutters here and there and some lag. Also my s5 scrolls more smoother than the G3 as well while scrolling a website.

Perhaps it's the store model that is troublesome or do others of you also experience the same microstuttering?

Sent from my SM-G900V using AC Forums mobile app

kilofoxtrot

Feb 15, 2010
Visit site
  1. Enable Developer Options
  2. Set Window Animation Scale to OFF
  3. Set Transition Animation Scale to OFF
  4. Set Animator Duration Scall to OFF
  5. Enjoy your stutter free G3 :(

blackdogAC

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site
Yup. Some lag.,, I'm not a fast typist but keyboard can be a real larger. Not fun.

Enable developer options?????

Sent from my LG-D850 using AC Forums mobile app

Gator352

Banned
Sep 11, 2010
Visit site
What carrier are you guys experiencing this microstutter?

I tried out two verizon g3's today at the retail store and both have the microstutter while I opened up some apps. I also noticed this while I went to the data settings and clicked on the section that led to where I can switch between global and lte, etc. Has anyone noticed this microstuttering in that particular section of the settings?

I have an s5 and I think my s5 is somewhat smoother, though it has its stutters here and there and some lag. Also my s5 scrolls more smoother than the G3 as well while scrolling a website.

Perhaps it's the store model that is troublesome or do others of you also experience the same microstuttering?

Sent from my SM-G900V using AC Forums mobile app
I'm with Sprint. This stutter happens just about anywhere. There's no rhyme or reason to it. Just like Duncan1982 said, LG will prolly release an update to address this. I hope anyways.

Gator352

Banned
Sep 11, 2010
Visit site
  1. Enable Developer Options
  2. Set Window Animation Scale to OFF
  3. Set Transition Animation Scale to OFF
  4. Set Animator Duration Scall to OFF
  5. Enjoy your stutter free G3 :(

While that helps and makes it faster, it's still there. By doing that though, it detracts from the smooth animation experience we should have.