The LG G3 has arrived :-)

dyana9673

Apr 26, 2014
Visit site
Re: G3 Home screens

Here's mine.I don't like a lot on my screen.

Sent from my LG-D851 using Mobile Nations mobile app

Attachments

• 1405784952619.jpg
    1405784952619.jpg
    80.9 KB · Views: 168

GrooveRite

Sep 30, 2010
Visit site

Are people using zedge for wallpapers?

I'm using sites like Deviantart.com and searching for 2560x1440 . I don't think Zedge and other apps have those sizes so your phone most likely resizes it to fit your screen.

Lock screen
Screenshot_2014-07-17-09-53-10[1].jpg

Home screen
Screenshot_2014-07-17-10-09-41[1].jpg

Duncan1982

Banned
Oct 21, 2013
Visit site
Almost Factory homescreen setup GroveRite , is that just I can't be bothered and that'll do, or ahh just the way I like it lol :p

Great screens so far :)

Posted via Android Central App

fsfty

Apr 23, 2014
Visit site

I know this is a dumb question but i have an iphone now and will be switching to g3 shortly. Can you replace the stock weather widget on the home screen or do you have to use a 3rd party launcher?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SteveISU

Sep 28, 2011
Visit site

I know this is a dumb question but i have an iphone now and will be switching to g3 shortly. Can you replace the stock weather widget on the home screen or do you have to use a 3rd party launcher?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
You can replace it but the current widgets are mostly all 4x1 or 4x2 and will be off center because 5x1 or 5x2 is sized appropriately for the phone.

VW Maverick

Retired Ambassador
Dec 3, 2010
Visit site

Apps like Beautiful Widgets are nice. Lots of different colors and variations available.

Mav. :cool:

Sent from the future on my Sprint LG G3.

GrooveRite

Sep 30, 2010
Visit site

Almost Factory homescreen setup GroveRite , is that just I can't be bothered and that'll do, or ahh just the way I like it lol :p

Great screens so far :)

Ahh its a work in progress, lol. I have HD widgets to set up the clock on my home screen but I'm REALLY trying to get away from the way I've had my Samsung devices set up. When I decided I wanted something 'different'....thats what I set out for. Hoping I come up with something that I like sooner or later. :)

Duncan1982

Banned
Oct 21, 2013
Visit site

Ahh its a work in progress, lol. I have HD widgets to set up the clock on my home screen but I'm REALLY trying to get away from the way I've had my Samsung devices set up. When I decided I wanted something 'different'....thats what I set out for. Hoping I come up with something that I like sooner or later. :)

Yeah I have OCD in that home screen apps must be the Same and icon layout, as for the wallpaper ect I'm cool lol

Yeah plenty of time right your G3 ain't going anywhere lol

Duncan1982

Banned
Oct 21, 2013
Visit site
OK so I will pit them both against each other and let's see what the outcome is.

So let's start with the screen and bare in mind there isn't a lot of 2k content to take advantage of the G3's resolution. The G3's screen is smooth and crisp with good viewing angles (despite what some may say, and it cool your allowed) as does the Z2. Colours and accuracy I would had it to the Z2 marginally, but the G3's screen seems smoother and makes for a better viewing experience. Outdoor visibility this would go to the Z2, but the G3's is not dreadful by any means, just not as good as the Z2.

Battery Life.....well there is no contest here and with the Z2 you also get better power saving features. The G3's gets relatively close though and if it were a huge drop then obviously I wouldn't still be using the G3.

Camera.....well again this goes to the Z2 it has better overall quality, and has great features without being over complicated. The Macro on the Z2 is fantastic and lowlight is great. The G3's is stunning though all things considered and the OIS+ and fast laser autofocus provides a shot that you'll be more than happy with. I again like both camera's but if I had to pick one its the Z2 but I'm more than happy with the G3's shooter.

Build & Design.... well this is where it gets interesting as I love the solid feel of the Z2 with the metal band and glass front and back construction. The Z2 is ip67 certified and the feel is fantastic, white version doesn't show them smudges on rear while like most screens does smudge on front panel. There is a nice weight to the Z2, whilst is not heavy to the point it detracts from the usabilitiy. G3's build is obviously plastic but has a great feel in hand and fitting the 5.5" display into this form is fantastic. Has a metal look and the feel is sublime considering its plastic, I like the "floating arc" or curve whichever you prefer is very comfortable in the hand. Lg have made plastic look and feel premium and its a design I like a lot. The are both good and I like both for different reasons but for in hand comfort I hand it to the G3.

Speakers..The Z2's front facing speakers are great and I have grown used to that sound, its no boomsound but quality is there. The G3's despite being placed on the rear is great and quite balanced, its loud enough for me anyway and has a balanced sound. The Z2 does get the edge here though, but trade off lg adopts those thin bezels and you couldn't possibly fit front facing stereo speakers on the G3.

Features.... Some Sony borrowed from Lg knock on, but it doesn't have knock off, there are many personalisation on both but the Z2 let's you do that little bit more, with status bar tweaks. Lg has things like guest mode, dual window, Qslide ect whilst the Z2 has more of a media focused set up with noise cancellation but still has plenty of useful features such as connectivity, great sound settings.

Call quality... Both are good but the sound quality is better on the G3, its louder and clearer, but the Z2 is not poor is just not as good as the G3.

Ui...The Z2's Ui is great and light also has very useful features as being able to theme very easily, the app drawer menu is great and as are apps like walkman ect, appearance is great. The Lg's Ui is a very nice skin also and equally on par, both great but for smoothness its the Z2 but again I like them both so much so I don't use launchers now.

Signal...well where I am both are equally as good and find it hard to say one is better than the other here.

Overall both very good devices and you will take pleasure of use out of both.

But as I have both I'm not going to give a clear winner but leave you will the are equal in terms of how I like them. But as for overall features ect OK the G3 takes it.

My morning essay lol

Now to have a coffee :)

Goodbye and hope you enjoyed the read :)

Last edited:

belodion

Co-Ambassador Team Lead
Jun 10, 2014
Visit site
Re: Lg G3 vs Sony Xperia Z2

I've handled the Z2 on a number of occasions in stores and she's a beauty....but a tad too expensive for me as a buyer of unlocked sim-free. But on the subject of build quality, I wonder whether it's TOO good....somewhere, whether on the forums I can't remember, a user described how his Z2 suddenly shattered its own front glass while it was sitting by itself....possibly due to the strong waterproof adhesives used continuing to cure slowly over time and setting up stresses in the glass. I was actually considering a Z2 at the time so I raised the subject over in Z2 forum, but nobody seemed troubled by it. Is this something you've heard of as a user?

Don't want to spoil your coffee...

Duncan1982

Banned
Oct 21, 2013
Visit site

I've handled the Z2 on a number of occasions in stores and she's a beauty....but a tad too expensive for me as a buyer of unlocked sim-free. But on the subject of build quality, I wonder whether it's TOO good....somewhere, whether on the forums I can't remember, a user described how his Z2 suddenly shattered its own front glass while it was sitting by itself....possibly due to the strong waterproof adhesives used continuing to cure slowly over time and setting up stresses in the glass. I was actually considering a Z2 at the time so I raised the subject over in Z2 forum, but nobody seemed troubled by it. Is this something you've heard of as a user?

Don't want to spoil your coffee...

Its cool I can multi task, let me grab a straw lol

Yes I have seen this on forums, not sure how many this has happened to though.

I have had mine since launch here in Scotland and so far so good.

The Z2 is a device I like a lot as with the G3 so glad I have both.

I honestly can't say one is better than the other, some features that I like better than the other, but overall they are both great.

belodion

Co-Ambassador Team Lead
Jun 10, 2014
Visit site

I can compare between N5 and G3....the N5 in my own experience is a very high quality device and you couldn't really get anything much better....better perhaps, but not fantastically so. The G3 looks set to follow. The LG company in having produced these two devices thoroughly deserves present and future success.

peacefulberry

Feb 4, 2013
Visit site

OK so I will pit them both against each other and let's see what the outcome is.

So let's start with the screen and bare in mind there isn't a lot of 2k content to take advantage of the G3's resolution. The G3's screen is smooth and crisp with good viewing angles (despite what some may say, and it cool your allowed) as does the Z2. Colours and accuracy I would had it to the Z2 marginally, but the G3's screen seems smoother and makes for a better viewing experience. Outdoor visibility this would go to the Z2, but the G3's is not dreadful by any means, just not as good as the Z2.

Battery Life.....well there is no contest here and with the Z2 you also get better power saving features. The G3's gets relatively close though and if it were a huge drop then obviously I wouldn't still be using the G3.

Camera.....well again this goes to the Z2 it has better overall quality, and has great features without being over complicated. The Macro on the Z2 is fantastic and lowlight is great. The G3's is stunning though all things considered and the OIS+ and fast laser autofocus provides a shot that you'll be more than happy with. I again like both camera's but if I had to pick one its the Z2 but I'm more than happy with the G3's shooter.

Build & Design.... well this is where it gets interesting as I love the solid feel of the Z2 with the metal band and glass front and back construction. The Z2 is ip67 certified and the feel is fantastic, white version doesn't show them smudges on rear while like most screens does smudge on front panel. There is a nice weight to the Z2, whilst is not heavy to the point it detracts from the usabilitiy. G3's build is obviously plastic but has a great feel in hand and fitting the 5.5" display into this form is fantastic. Has a metal look and the feel is sublime considering its plastic, I like the "floating arc" or curve whichever you prefer is very comfortable in the hand. Lg have made plastic look and feel premium and its a design I like a lot. The are both good and I like both for different reasons but for in hand comfort I hand it to the G3.

Speakers..The Z2's front facing speakers are great and I have grown used to that sound, its no boomsound but quality is there. The G3's despite being placed on the rear is great and quite balanced, its loud enough for me anyway and has a balanced sound. The Z2 does get the edge here though, but trade off lg adopts those thin bezels and you couldn't possibly fit front facing stereo speakers on the G3.

Features.... Some Sony borrowed from Lg knock on, but it doesn't have knock off, there are many personalisation on both but the Z2 let's you do that little bit more, with status bar tweaks. Lg has things like guest mode, dual window, Qslide ect whilst the Z2 has more of a media focused set up with noise cancellation but still has plenty of useful features such as connectivity, great sound settings.

Call quality... Both are good but the sound quality is better on the G3, its louder and clearer, but the Z2 is not poor is just not as good as the G3.

Ui...The Z2's Ui is great and light also has very useful features as being able to theme very easily, the app drawer menu is great and as are apps like walkman ect, appearance is great. The Lg's Ui is a very nice skin also and equally on par, both great but for smoothness its the Z2 but again I like them both so much so I don't use launchers now.

Signal...well where I am both are equally as good and find it hard to say one is better than the other here.

Overall both very good devices and you will take pleasure of use out of both.

But as I have both I'm not going to give a clear winner but leave you will the are equal in terms of how I like them. But as for overall features ect OK the G3 takes it.

My morning essay lol

Now to have a coffee :)

Goodbye and hope you enjoyed the read :)

Great comparison! You did all that without coffee? Lol. Question: Would you get the z3 or do you think the g3 will hold its own against the z3 as well?

Duncan1982

Banned
Oct 21, 2013
Visit site

Great comparison! You did all that without coffee? Lol. Question: Would you get the z3 or do you think the g3 will hold its own against the z3 as well?

Haha yeah I surprised myself lol

Hard to say as its just rumours for the Z3 but think Sony are going incremental with it and its more aesthetics. Same 801, same Gpu, and same ram & camera from what I have read. but who knows as yet, we will find out within the next 2mnths.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol