Best LG G3 Camera Settings and why shooting in 10mp appears better than 13mp

eddyknights

Jun 19, 2011
Visit site
Hi, what r the best setting or way to capture amazing pictures with the LG G3..Also when I take pics using the 10mp option compared to the 13mp option why is it the 13mp does not appear to be clearer or crisper while the 10mp is just as nice n fills up ur screen to the perfect aspect ratio

frope01

Jul 26, 2013
Visit site
Is this thing on?
I have great results on auto everything with W10M. No flash unless it's very dark. Outside bright shots I tilt the phone to optimize lighting.

In my experience a couple megapixels don't matter much but that wide aspect ratio on W10M looks better than the more narrow 13. There must be a good reason they didn't have W13M I just haven't researched it yet.

Sent from Frope's sweet G3.

arisenfury

Dec 28, 2010
Visit site
10MP is a 16x9 format the same as our screens. The camera sensor is 4x3 and shoots in 13MP. If you set it to 13MP you'll end up with a more square image that doesn't fit the screen. When set to 10MP they crop off some of the top and bottom to make it 16x9 and fit the screen better. The two resulting images have the same pixel detail however the extra 3MP come from the area not cropped.

Posted via Android Central App

JHBThree

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site
Is this thing on?
I have great results on auto everything with W10M. No flash unless it's very dark. Outside bright shots I tilt the phone to optimize lighting.

In my experience a couple megapixels don't matter much but that wide aspect ratio on W10M looks better than the more narrow 13. There must be a good reason they didn't have W13M I just haven't researched it yet.

Sent from Frope's sweet G3.

The reason they default to the 10 MP setting is, as has been mentioned, because it fills the whole screen. Users don't like it when the viewfinder isn't full, so they default it to the 16:9.

Posted via Android Central App

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Landers2