Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    46 Global Posts

Default G3 from a Razr Maxx

Hi all, been reading the posts here among other sites and reviews on this phone.

Been looking at it for a while now as I was set on the Note 3 but decided to wait.

I also still have Verizon's udp so i'll be buying it full.

I don't have any problem with people saying the washed out look as my Razr isn't amoled.

I was wondering about the viewing angles. I work healthcare which is usually a lot of running around but not always. How is it whether you're sitting, standing, kick stand to watch?

Are there good belt clips that'll keep my phone safe if it gets dropped or kicked?

I do volunteer ems and work in a hospital and have had patients kick me, had to restrain them or just a lot going on which resulted in a cracked phone and such. Scrubs don't always provide the best pockets either.

I also had to install Clean Master as I run out of app memory frequently. Disabled a bunch and moved others to internal memory which helped, but am tired of the crap.

For example, bringing up my texts will result in a blank screen with the "text messaging" header but no texts or the phone randomly rebooting while I'm loading an app.

Lastly, what kind of prices have you guys seen? For some reason Best Buy had it priced higher then at Verizon's site but might've been before taxes and fees?

Wouldn't mind using shopkick points to bring down the price some.

Thank you!

Posted via Android Central App
  2. Thread Author  Thread Author    #2  

Global Posts
    46 Global Posts

Default Re: G3 from a Razr Maxx

Bumpty bump

I have a razr maxx and it is definitley super amoled..
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Global Posts
    46 Global Posts

You're right, it is!

So I might actually be able to tell the difference if I get the G3 but the phone looks awesome anyway.

Do you have application memory issues? So slow at random times when I'm not running anything. Unusable at times and other days it's as fast as the day I got it.

My RAZR is very green compared to the G3, and the screen looks worlds better on the 5.5".

I have had no memory issues so far. I removed all of Verizon bloatware that came pre-installed, that might have helped. I am not sure because it was one of the first things I did. Also, I am not running on ART, which may help you out. You can enable that in developer option menu, which is enabled by tapping Software Build 7 times, under Software Info in Settings.