Five days with the LG G3 and I'm about ready to send this back!

blackdogAC

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site
I started off really liking the screen size and overall feel but the defects are starting to stack up. Here's what I'm running into:

1. AT&T have disabled the FM radio that I normally use a good deal. LG makes it and AT&T breaks it.
2. The camera is nowhere near as fast as they claim. NOWHERE NEAR! Forget all this laser and millisecond nonsense. This thing takes 2-3 full SECONDS to fire off a round. Quality is good but speed seriously sucks.
3. Found out calls will not be placed even with one bar of 4G. THAT is a FAIL.
4. Today while exploring in the country I found that with one to two bars of 4G, Google Maps would not function. What??!! On my old WIFI ONLY Samsung device I could run Google Maps with NO DATA CONNECTION AT ALL! This is a major letdown.
5. There's an annoying issue where audio will not function out of the headphone jack. Music out the speaker, plug in and....music still comes out the speaker. Yes, good audio cord and.3.5 mm plug. Also, if I DO manage to get audio to come out the headphone Jack and into. the stereo... when the music player switches between songs there's an annoying loud "spark/static" noise. So amateurish.
6. The Knock-knock screen turn on is pretty slow.
7. The LED notifications do not work. I've got colors all set up in my email apps and LED notification turned on. Although there is one blue LED that appears when the screen is turned on, the LED never works for any incoming messages.

This whole thing feels either very beta or very (inappropriate language edited by Moderator) -up by our friends at AT&T.

I'm not happy. Hope others are faring a lot better than me.

Sent from my LG-D850 using AC Forums mobile app

Last edited by a moderator:

AndyLu

Aug 20, 2011
Visit site
Why complain. Just return it. Nothing will be perfect. I take pictures quick and easy. Knock off and on is quick. 4G phone calls work. Idk what your all bent out of shape about. Just return the phone take the 35 dollar hit

Posted via Android Central App

mrones

Jun 1, 2014
Visit site
The G3 was the first phone I ever returned..the screen was washed out , battery life sucked and it got hot very quickly..it's a shame I am back to the G2 which I love ..

aitt

Feb 20, 2011
Visit site
If you have HDR turned on for pics yes it will take longer shots. Not sure. The nights shots on my m8 is unmatched yet. I don't care it's 4MP I really can't see the crap pics just because it's not higher mp but the night shots are way crisper and clearer than the G3. I really don't know if I'll keep it too. But I love it.

mhettrich

Aug 5, 2011
Visit site
Sorry to hear you had a bad experience, but it happens. That said, there are plenty of other great options in the Android space at the moment. It's a great time to be an Android fan.

BBSeattle

Sep 9, 2010
Visit site
Ironic...you're complaining about his "complaints". Why not take your own advice and just ignore his post?
Sorry you can't handle someone having issues with the phone......
Unlike you, many of us want to hear about the good experiences and bad experiences, yes we are confident enough to deal with the bad as well.
There are several things that he mentioned that appear to be more than just random issues. It's posts like this that bring these issues to light and potential resolutions. Not to mention helping some (like me) to decide whether to get the phone or not.
Sorry we can't all post "great phone, perfect in every way" just because that's what you need to hear.

Why complain. Just return it. Nothing will be perfect. I take pictures quick and easy. Knock off and on is quick. 4G phone calls work. Idk what your all bent out of shape about. Just return the phone take the 35 dollar hit

zxphenomenalxz

Jul 1, 2011
Visit site
I'm not going to completely **** on the phone. It's a sexy looking phone. I think camera is legit. However I bought it for verizon and am returning it already. It lags more than my note 3 ever has. Simple transitions. I was downloading my apps and in the drop down tray it kept redrawing and when I went to bring down the tray it would slide back up on its own. Just one of the odd things to occur.

Certain apps seem to be having issues for me. I use slide launcher and some of the apps it won't even let me pick . Basic apps like stock email. It says broken target.

I'm also dissapointed that from the g2 the themes option didn't carry over to the g3.

Also certain text on Web pages or apps look very odd to me almost hard to focus on .

It very well could just be the resolution and apps and page not up to date to be optimized for it. But a part of me feels like the screen might cause some problems.

I hope the phone continues to work great for rest on forum and over a short time with updates is everything it should be. Just not working out for me

anon(1733)

Oct 14, 2009
Visit site
Sorry to hear those with issues. I fortunate I have a good unit. From what I'm seeing it seems like some of you seem to have gotten a defective unit. Believe me I know how that goes. Best of luck with whatever phone you choose. I happen to really enjoy this phone as I have had many. No need to list. I have been all over these forums as well as the iPhone and BlackBerry forums as well for years. I too like to see the negative posts for devices. Most of the time I learn helpful hints from others on how to solve the issue and in some cases learn issues cannot be resolved. I welcome everyone's opionions and thoughts.

Jan 13, 2014
Visit site
From reading all of the "G3 issue" threads it seems like there could be a batch of defective devices. I say this because I have literally had no issues. The only concern I had was the fluidness of the UI (coming from an M8) and I have been pleasantly surprised.

If you are having issues with your device like the ones described in this thread I strongly suggest swapping out your device for another. I've had a plethora of devices and this G3 is by far my favorite device

darkhan

Sep 10, 2010
Visit site
I got mine from Verizon the first day and like a few of you had slow laggish results, switched to art and the phone was worse, shut off once and I had to pull the battery to get it back. I did a factory reset and decided to return it. Then yesterday I thought hell why not try again and this time root it for fun and not turn art on. So I did just that root went well and I froze all the crap I did not want. The phone has been as fluid now as my m8 and the camera I feel is acceptable.

frope01

Jul 26, 2013
Visit site
I think it's useful to hear the bad as well as the good. When I read a bad review I check my phone for the same activity to see if it's a flaw or maybe they have a lemon. So far I have very little to complain about in my personal experience with this phone. Thanks to all who honestly contribute to the forums.

Sent from Frope's sweet G3.

Topgonzo

Sep 16, 2011
Visit site
I think it's useful to hear the bad as well as the good. When I read a bad review I check my phone for the same activity to see if it's a flaw or maybe they have a lemon. So far I have very little to complain about in my personal experience with this phone. Thanks to all who honestly contribute to the forums.

Sent from Frope's sweet G3.

But every time there is a new phone release it seems there are people that are anxious to dump on people's parade..they have minimal or no problems and just like to try to make others look for problems that may not exist. I agree that if there are legitimate problems then let's get it out but if you don't own the device or just look to hate on anything that's considered better than your device then go home

Sent from my LGLS990 using Xparent BlueTapatalk 2

bembol

Trusted Member
Jun 18, 2011
Visit site
I not 100% sure but I don't think I've ever posted threads like this with any of the 28 phones I've owned over 5 years. I get it if you're having issues, ask and see if it can be resolved?

I've seen it in EVERY forum, how they're not happy with this or that and they're going to their old phone. It just seems like fanboy move.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781