Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default LG G3 Adjusting Brightness on its own even with auto brightness checked off

Ok I've noticed and I have my auto brightness checked off and my brightness level at 70 percent.. Why is it that I notice on home screen and while using apps that my back light dims just a tad every so often.. Its like the screen dims about 10-15 percent quite often.. The first phone I exchanged for another one and this one does the same thing. Only thing I did n changed on the phone is that it's running Art.
  2. Thread Author  Thread Author    #2  

Default Re: LG G3 Adjusting Brightness on its own even with auto brightness checked off

It does run at times a little mild to warm but not hot.. Can it be that it dims for it won't overheat but then this phone would be flawed
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Default Re: LG G3 Adjusting Brightness on its own even with auto brightness checked off

Never mind switched out of art to Dalvik n same thing.. Runs slower without art.. But brightness still dims a tad
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Here's a review from a site no wonder...

Our only minor grumble came when using the display in really bright conditions. Once the phone warms up, the display brightness drastically reduces to prevent overheating and becomes far less legible in bright, sunny conditions. After a few minutes, the brightness often dims even more although the indicated brightness percentage level doesn't change. This could be an unfortunate by-product of packing so many pixels into one screen, prompting militant power-saving measures from the LG G3.
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Anyone

Quote Originally Posted by eddyknights View Post
    Anyone
    I'm having problems too. Setting base brightness with slider while in auto dim mode does nothing. Screen is too dim. Might be a deal breaker for me as I work outside all day but I just got the phone tonight so we'll see.

machdw c-c-c-combo breaker!

I have issues at times as well. For example some apps for example Instagram automatically turn up the brightness and instantly when I leave it the brightness goes back to normal. I use auto brightness.

Default LG G3 Adjusting Brightness on its own even with auto brightness checked off

The ATT unit I played with dimmed every time I went to the gallery via icon within the stock camera app.
    Last edited by rahxephon; 07-23-2014 at 09:23 AM. Reason: .
  10. Thread Author  Thread Author    #10  

Anyone
  11. Thread Author  Thread Author    #11  

If u want to do a test turn the screen on n no matter what ur doing after two seconds or three seconds it will dim like 10-15 percent down on its own always.. Just weird it's like a safety features it has or something that reduces power by dimming it n adjusting after two seconds

i just today noticed this. not sure if it just started or if it's been doing it all along. not the end of the world, but mildly annoying. did a power cycle, no change.
  13. Thread Author  Thread Author    #13  

yep I will do it if you have the brightness above 60 percent .. I like to keep my brightness up above 70 percent but then my battery wont last long .. definitely wont get 4 hr on screen time since this display is a little dim.. but it does auto dim after 5 seconds every time u turn it on .. when u have brightness above 60

I was having this same issue and tried turning off the auto brightness control as well as battery saver, restarted device, etc. However when playing a video I started tapping around the screen and found that if you tap and drag your finger up or down on the right half of the screen you will turn the volume up or down. However, if you tap on the left half of the vid the brightness control appears and goes up or down. All fixed. All vids at max brightness now. Hope this helps.

dg
  15. Thread Author  Thread Author    #15  

It's not about the video. It's about the brightness adjusting itself at whatever screen ur at after u tunred on ur phone after five second after it bumps down the brightness automatically .. There's even a article that states this

Only thing I found to help so far is Lux when not using this the screen drops from 255 to 238 brightness Grr didnt do this when i first got it only after LG update

Quote Originally Posted by eddyknights View Post
    If u want to do a test turn the screen on n no matter what ur doing after two seconds or three seconds it will dim like 10-15 percent down on its own always.. Just weird it's like a safety features it has or something that reduces power by dimming it n adjusting after two seconds
    I have a Verizon G3 and just did a little test with manual brightness set to 90%. I turned on my screen and waited for it to adjust automatically, but it stayed just as bright. No dimming like you're stating.

Now to go back down to 60% auto before my eyes burn away.

That's one of the major drawbacks of the G3. Because the device heats up so easily, lg has built in automatic screen dimming in an effort to cool the phone down. If the device gets warm enough, especially while playing videos, a pop-up warning box will appear on the screen, effectively interrupting your video. The intrusion is necessary due to a design flaw.

Quote Originally Posted by Nreeldeep View Post
    That's one of the major drawbacks of the G3. Because the device heats up so easily, lg has built in automatic screen dimming in an effort to cool the phone down. If the device gets warm enough, especially while playing videos, a pop-up warning box will appear on the screen, effectively interrupting your video. The intrusion is necessary due to a design flaw.
    Hasn't occurred on my G3 thankfully :-)

Posted via Android Central App

Thanks a lot for this information. I almost returned the device today and went back to my good ol' nexus 5 but after i read your comment it fix everything for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Ali Alslaman View Post
    Thanks a lot for this information. I almost returned the device today and went back to my good ol' nexus 5 but after i read your comment it fix everything for me.
    What fix?