How to root your LG G3 for Sprint, AT&T & Verizon. Incl Canadian, Korean & International.

xocomaox

Jul 8, 2014
Visit site
Re: How to root your LG G3 for Sprint, AT&T & Verizon. Incl Canadian, Korean & International.

I am iorooted here, and it is wonderful.

The only issue is no xposed framework working with ART.

Stl_Knight

Mar 16, 2014
Visit site
Re: How to root your LG G3 for Sprint, AT&T & Verizon. Incl Canadian, Korean & International.

Tried this with the Sprint G3 and did not work for me. Anyone else confirm root method for Sprint G3?

xocomaox

Jul 8, 2014
Visit site

Informative article there, Mav. I think people really need to educate themselves on hacking with expensive electronics before actually doing any of them.

Side note: Don't try and make lcd.density 500 in build.prop! You will soft brick the G3! 540 is the lowest setting I have found.

fgcchevy

Oct 13, 2009
Visit site

Tried this with the Sprint G3 and did not work for me. Anyone else confirm root method for Sprint G3?

Not yet and when jcase does get root for it for the sprint variant, it will b sold. Just an FYI. Personally I don't mind paying $20 for root.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?p=54288444

Posted via Android Central App

pseudoware

Feb 15, 2011
Visit site

ioroot apparently doesn't work with the 10c update, at least not for me, but other have also experienced this. https://towelroot.com/ did work. This seemed too easy to be real, I hope my phone doesn't break down the road, lol.

blackdogAC

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site

I'm going to attempt to root to remove the AT&T bloatware and the Carrier IQ.

1. When rooting G3 for AT&T, using Towleroot...do you dl the apk and install directly on the phone itself or do you need to do this thru a PC?
2 Do you need to do a Recovery?
3. How do you revert to factory non-root condition?

Any help is appreciated.

fgcchevy

Oct 13, 2009
Visit site

I saw this at the top of the forums n got so excited thinking there was root for sprint g3. Sadly there isn't!

Posted via Android Central App

pseudoware

Feb 15, 2011
Visit site

I'm going to attempt to root to remove the AT&T bloatware and the Carrier IQ.

1. When rooting G3 for AT&T, using Towleroot...do you dl the apk and install directly on the phone itself or do you need to do this thru a PC?
2 Do you need to do a Recovery?
3. How do you revert to factory non-root condition?

Any help is appreciated.
1. DL on phone & just run it.
2. No, I'm still on stock recovery.
3. Not sure, I'd look into flashing the factory image. That's what I've done when I sell a device.

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk

xocomaox

Jul 8, 2014
Visit site

If you get SuperSU, it has a root cleaning utility built in. Cuz factory reset does NOT remove root.

anon(9029232)

Aug 16, 2014
Visit site

You dont need to use a pc at all. Just download the apk and your done! Also you should download the supersu zip file and then extract the supersu apk with an app like es file explorer.

Posted via the Android Central App

anon(9029232)

Aug 16, 2014
Visit site

Also get this

Posted via the Android Central App

Attachments

• 32342.jpg
    32342.jpg
    36 KB · Views: 63