Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default G3 screen and AMOLED screen comparisons...

I would like to see the G3 and any Amoled screen comparison (doesn't matter the device. ) I want to see what exactly the "washed out" effect is that ppl describe. Please show the same photo or wallpaper as well as similar brightness so I and others can see the difference. All photos are welcome. Thanks for your help!

Default Re: G3 screen and AMOLED screen comparisons...

It will be rather difficult to get a true sense of any differences through pictures.
    I would suggest visiting any local purveyor of mobile devices to check it for yourself.

Everyone "sees" things differently so one person's "brilliant" is another's "washed out."

Run one of the G3's pre-loaded examples and you will get your own experience.

Mav.

I am polymerized tree sap and you are an inorganic adhesive, so whatever verbal projectile you launch in my direction is reflected off me, returns on its original trajectory and adheres to you.

It would really depend on the specific device. For example, the AMOLED in the s5 lte-a is pretty accurate, even more accurate than the g3.

Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 3
    Thanked by:
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Quote Originally Posted by VW Maverick View Post
    It will be rather difficult to get a true sense of any differences through pictures.
    I would suggest visiting any local purveyor of mobile devices to check it for yourself.

Everyone "sees" things differently so one person's "brilliant" is another's "washed out."

Run one of the G3's pre-loaded examples and you will get your own experience.

Mav.
    Yeah I know I need to get over there I just don't see myself being able to go for some time now which is why I asked for photos of the screen comparison. I'll let you know though if I ever get a chance to get over there.

I hold my G3 next to my RAZR Maxx and I noticed that my RAZR is super greenish. Although the blacks are better than the G3, not by a huge amount. And I completely prefer the G3.

Brightness at 30% on my RAZR is equal to brightness at 50% on the G3, which is interesting.
    Thanked by: