Posted via Android Central App

Attachments

• 2440.jpg
    2440.jpg
    21.8 KB · Views: 345

independentvolume

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site
Really smooth now after the latest update. The app drawer was laggy but has smoothen it since.

Good to know. I love the launcher but there is a slight lag in multiple areas with my gs4. I'm going to Verizon tomorrow and test launcher 8 on their demo version.

aitt

Feb 20, 2011
Visit site
Good to know. I love the launcher but there is a slight lag in multiple areas with my gs4. I'm going to Verizon tomorrow and test launcher 8 on their demo version.

It still has a slight hiccup hate and there on the g3 but in the m8 it was flawless. I can definitely tell they optimized it better for the g3 compared to when I first put it on.

anon(92475)

Nov 27, 2010
Visit site
Does anyone use Action Launcher?

I'm currently rocking it on my HTC One M7 and plan to use it when I pick-up the LG G3.

swany1970

Apr 12, 2010
Visit site
I've used Nova launcher since it was released but haven't put it on yet. Will the stock pop ups for messaging and calls still appear using Nova?

peacefulberry

Feb 4, 2013
Visit site
I've used Nova launcher since it was released but haven't put it on yet. Will the stock pop ups for messaging and calls still appear using Nova?

When you say popups, what are you referring to? Notifications at the top of the screen... on the lock screen...or the number count on the actual app icon? All of the above is true for Nova though the last feature (number count on the app) is a paid feature.

Sapient

Sep 29, 2010
Visit site
I'm a big fan of both Nova and Action launchers, but I've not see the need to use either on the G3. The stock launcher is quite good.

swany1970

Apr 12, 2010
Visit site
When you say popups, what are you referring to? Notifications at the top of the screen... on the lock screen...or the number count on the actual app icon? All of the above is true for Nova though the last feature (number count on the app) is a paid feature.
Sorry what I meant was when you receive a text message there's a pop up which you're able to reply right from that as opposed to going into the app itself.

peacefulberry

Feb 4, 2013
Visit site
Sorry what I meant was when you receive a text message there's a pop up which you're able to reply right from that as opposed to going into the app itself.

Oh ok...that is a useful feature, but it is not present yet on Nova. Maybe this can be a feature for the pro version. Dev if you're listening...I would gladly upgrade for this feature. (I'm upgrading anyway to support you, but just thought I'd recommend this for your pro version anyway LOL.)

burrari

Jun 2, 2011
Visit site
Used Action launcher on my nexus for a while looks about the same no lag or issues with quick page. Didn't even try stock launcher.

anon(1733)

Oct 14, 2009
Visit site
I usually use nova launcher but I actually like the stock launcher so I haven't had the urge to install nova yet. LG did a good job on this one.

ranger29

Nov 24, 2011
Visit site
I'm using Nova (today at least). I liked their 1X1 Google voice search and search icons. I didn't need a 1X4 widget taking up space that I'm only going to click on to take me somewhere else. The only downside is that double-tap to turn screen off only works if you tap in the notification bar. With stock you can double tap on any blank spot on the screen. Double tap anywhere to wake works though. Also went with Nova because I liked changing icons - wanted something more transparent/non-color so I can enjoy my wallpaper (currently using Tiny White Icon pack).

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pauloxcavalcante