Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 51
Like Tree3Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

    Default Anyone using a launcher on their G3?

    Just wanted to know if anyone is using a launcher with their G3? If so, which one and does it make your experience any better? Feel free to elaborate.
  2. #2  
    aitt's Avatar

    Posts
    182 Posts
    Global Posts
    432 Global Posts

    Default Re: Anyone using a launcher on their G3?

    Use launcher 8 pro.

    Posted via Android Central App
  3. #3  
    Fried Rice Mofo's Avatar

    Posts
    107 Posts
    Global Posts
    627 Global Posts
    ROM
    Myn's Two point Two Rls 5

    Default

    Nova Launcher (Paid) here. Been using it ever since my HTC Evo "4G" four years ago.

    I love the customization aspect of it. There's no bloated crap on it ala GO Launcher, I can change any icon I want, folders, drawers, swiping away the dock/notification bar, Ok Google from anywhere on the phone via voice or double tap from the homescreen, other gestures as well.

    Well worth the $4.99 I spent on it, and then some.

    Posted via Android Central App
    If I've been helpful to you in some such way or another, kindly hit the "Thanks" button on the bottom right.. Appreciate it!
    Thanked by 2:
    bmidd, ibecker and Evilnut like this.
  4. #4  

    Default Re: Anyone using a launcher on their G3?

    Kklauncher here. It's great. Nova is also a good one.

    Sent from Frope's sweet G3.
  5. #5  
    jkimrey's Avatar

    Posts
    44 Posts
    Global Posts
    63 Global Posts

    Default Re: Anyone using a launcher on their G3?

    I wish the LG Health screen was available when using 3rd party launchers.

    I like the simplicity of the app; anyone know how to enable it when using 3rd party launchers?

    Posted via Android Central App
  6. #6  

    Default Re: Anyone using a launcher on their G3?

    Yes, always! Okay, I do try to use the stock UI but after 5-10 minutes I switch.


    Nova Prime, IMO it's the best. I even started a thread that without it (launchers) I probably would be so devoted to android. I'm a Mac user.
    "I'll put up color bars before I'll put you in front of our cameras."

    - MacKenzie (THE NEWSROOM, HBO)
    Thanked by 2:
  7. #7  

    Default Re: Anyone using a launcher on their G3?

    Nova Prime here as well.

    Mav.

    Sent from the future on my Sprint LG G3.

    I am polymerized tree sap and you are an inorganic adhesive, so whatever verbal projectile you launch in my direction is reflected off me, returns on its original trajectory and adheres to you.
  8. #8  

    Default Re: Anyone using a launcher on their G3?

    Quote Originally Posted by bembol View Post
    Yes, always! Okay, I do try to use the stock UI but after 5-10 minutes I switch.


    Nova Prime, IMO it's the best. I even started a thread that without it (launchers) I probably would be so devoted to android. I'm a Mac user.
    You got a link for the launcher thread sir? Or am I going to have to get up off my lazy bum and search myself?
    Moto G master race.
  9. #9  

    Default Re: Anyone using a launcher on their G3?

    I used nova prime on my S5 but on the G3 I like the stock launcher better than nova
  10. #10  

    Default Re: Anyone using a launcher on their G3?

    I'm normally a nova prime guy. Trying stock launcher first so far so good. Can you use launcher icon themes?

    Posted via Android Central App
  11. #11  
    ecb1171's Avatar

    Posts
    18 Posts
    Global Posts
    43 Global Posts

    Default Re: Anyone using a launcher on their G3?

    I played around with Nova Prime but I noticed that I lost the widgets for the stock LG applications (mail and calendar in particular)
  12. #12  

    Default Re: Anyone using a launcher on their G3?

    Quote Originally Posted by Fried Rice Mofo View Post
    Nova Launcher (Paid) here. Been using it ever since my HTC Evo "4G" four years ago.

    I love the customization aspect of it. There's no bloated crap on it ala GO Launcher, I can change any icon I want, folders, drawers, swiping away the dock/notification bar, Ok Google from anywhere on the phone via voice or double tap from the homescreen, other gestures as well.

    Well worth the $4.99 I spent on it, and then some.

    Posted via Android Central App
    You know it makes sense. I've been using it for ages now too.

    Posted via Android Central App
  13. #13  

    Default Re: Anyone using a launcher on their G3?

    I use Terrain launcher.
    Don't forge to vote! Your vote counts!
    Support thr 9-12 Project
  14. #14  

    Default Re: Anyone using a launcher on their G3?

    I haven't had the urge yet. I quite like LG's software.

    Posted via Android Central App
  15. #15  

    Default Re: Anyone using a launcher on their G3?

    Quote Originally Posted by Jdane07 View Post
    I haven't had the urge yet. I quite like LG's software.

    Posted via Android Central App
    I'm the same usually opt for apex, have it ready but so far liking Lg's skin.

    Posted via Android Central App
  16. #16  

    Default Re: Anyone using a launcher on their G3?

    Quote Originally Posted by aitt View Post
    Use launcher 8 pro.

    Posted via Android Central App
    How smooth is this launcher on the g3? Laggy mess on my gs4.
  17. #17  
    aitt's Avatar

    Posts
    182 Posts
    Global Posts
    432 Global Posts

    Default Re: Anyone using a launcher on their G3?

    Quote Originally Posted by independentvolume View Post
    How smooth is this launcher on the g3? Laggy mess on my gs4.
    Really smooth now after the latest update. The app drawer was laggy but has smoothen it since.

    Posted via Android Central App
  18. #18  

    Default Re: Anyone using a launcher on their G3?

    Adw launcher

    Posted via Android Central App
    Owner of a replacement Htc One... Till something better comes along
    LG G3
    Ambassador
  19. #19  

    Default Re: Anyone using a launcher on their G3?

    Quote Originally Posted by doggy2965 View Post
    I'm normally a nova prime guy. Trying stock launcher first so far so good. Can you use launcher icon themes?
    Yes. Download icon changer and then you can download any icon packs and use them. I believe you may be able to mix them as will.

    Posted via Android Central App
  20. #20  

    Default Re: Anyone using a launcher on their G3?

    Nova with Moonshine icon pack

    Posted via Android Central App
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Anyone using a launcher on their G3?-1537.jpg  
  21. #21  
    aitt's Avatar

    Posts
    182 Posts
    Global Posts
    432 Global Posts

    Default Re: Anyone using a launcher on their G3?

    Using media theme for launcher 8 pro

    Posted via Android Central App
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Anyone using a launcher on their G3?-2440.jpg  
  22. #22  

    Default Re: Anyone using a launcher on their G3?

    Quote Originally Posted by aitt View Post
    Really smooth now after the latest update. The app drawer was laggy but has smoothen it since.

    Posted via Android Central App
    Good to know. I love the launcher but there is a slight lag in multiple areas with my gs4. I'm going to Verizon tomorrow and test launcher 8 on their demo version.
  23. #23  
    aitt's Avatar

    Posts
    182 Posts
    Global Posts
    432 Global Posts

    Default Re: Anyone using a launcher on their G3?

    Quote Originally Posted by independentvolume View Post
    Good to know. I love the launcher but there is a slight lag in multiple areas with my gs4. I'm going to Verizon tomorrow and test launcher 8 on their demo version.
    It still has a slight hiccup hate and there on the g3 but in the m8 it was flawless. I can definitely tell they optimized it better for the g3 compared to when I first put it on.

    Posted via Android Central App
  24. #24  

    Default Re: Anyone using a launcher on their G3?

    Does anyone use Action Launcher?

    I'm currently rocking it on my HTC One M7 and plan to use it when I pick-up the LG G3.

    Posted via Android Central App
  25. #25  
    swany1970's Avatar

    Posts
    47 Posts
    Global Posts
    53 Global Posts

    Default Re: Anyone using a launcher on their G3?

    I've used Nova launcher since it was released but haven't put it on yet. Will the stock pop ups for messaging and calls still appear using Nova?
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 20
    Last Post: 08-23-2014, 06:54 PM
  2. Replies: 15
    Last Post: 08-19-2014, 05:15 PM
  3. Replies: 3
    Last Post: 07-29-2014, 11:07 PM
  4. G3 screen and AMOLED screen comparisons...
    By peacefulberry in forum LG G3
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 07-20-2014, 01:25 AM
  5. s4 not turning on
    By AC Question in forum Ask a Question
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 07-20-2014, 01:12 AM

Posting Permissions