Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Most Useful LG-specific Feature?

This is my first LG-branded device (I had a Nexus 5). I'm deciding which bloatware to remove and am wondering which, if any, LG apps/features others find useful, or not, before I get rid of any of these. Thanks.

Default Re: Most Useful LG-specific Feature?

Quote Originally Posted by pseudoware View Post
    This is my first LG-branded device (I had a Nexus 5). I'm deciding which bloatware to remove and am wondering which, if any, LG apps/features others find useful, or not, before I get rid of any of these. Thanks.
    If you remove a lot and break the phone then GJ on that. Before getting hasty, the best thing is to play with the apps yourself. You *will* need to add a flashlight app.

I like enabling dual window and enabling "link opens in lower screen" for compatible apps. Because that is what I did on my Kyocera Echo. Guest mode is great. QSlide is GREAT. I use apps from that category several times per day. Especially because LG has a decent drag-n-drop interface between windows. QTranslate seems to have embarrassingly 'wide' dictionaries, as expected sentence quality is poor but word lookup is stellar...I wish it allowed selecting text areas in stored image files when using this app. Stock file manager should be excellent, don't even think of ever removing it even if you buy ASTRO or ESFE or such ilk.

Things I do not suggest: LG emojis, there should be around a THOUSAND if the keyboard is like mine. Huge time waste flipping thru so many. Not a fan of the silly notebooks and such, video editing beyond simple trim operations, or that weird life companion app.
    pseudoware likes this.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

QSlide is interesting, still playing around w/it. Not sure about Smart Notice. I'm just scratching the surface. Spent my 1st day rooting, getting rid of stuff I know I'll never use, setting up accounts/services, getting rid of carrieriq, etc. I still have the stock UI. But I want to give the LG stuff a fair look before bailing on anything.

Quote Originally Posted by pseudoware View Post
    QSlide is interesting, still playing around w/it. Not sure about Smart Notice. I'm just scratching the surface. Spent my 1st day rooting, getting rid of stuff I know I'll never use, setting up accounts/services, getting rid of carrieriq, etc. I still have the stock UI. But I want to give the LG stuff a fair look before bailing on anything.
    Most of the time, for video on these newer phones I suggest UHD/4K recording mode. Then if necessary downscale to 1080p on the computer using any tool such as Handbrake. The biggest detractor is the 5min recording time, like an Evangelion fight sequence...

I really enjoy the knock-on feature and so far have not had any issues with it thus far.