Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default G3 TweaksBox - Want to Tweak your G3? (Root Required)

This application is terrific! Requires root and Xposed Framework.

I modified my grid size in home and app drawer, and added the good old menu button to the nav bar. Also, I absolutely LOVE the option to knock off the screen from anywhere by tapping the nav bar. This was annoying because I couldn't just lock the screen while in a web page or game, without hitting the power button.

2. Best Answer

Quote Originally Posted by xamadeix View Post
    Question about tweakbox. Can it cause a softbrick? Also if I decide to factory reset will it go back to normal?

Posted via LG G3.
    To answer your questions...

1)Can it cause a softbrick....

Answer...there is always a risk but I would say its a very minimal one as its been tested.

2)If you factory reset I would presume all your settings through G3 tweakbox would be reset.

Posted via the Android Central App

Default Re: G3 TweaksBox

Thanks for the heads up about this.

Do either of these, the Xposed Framework of the Tweakbox, allow the screen resolution to be lowered to 1080p? I saw a post somewhere say that, but I have yet to be able to find it. Battery life is all that is holding me back from buying the G3 and I would think lowering the screen resolution would help.

Posted via Android Central App

Odd to hear ppl talk About bad battery life. My battery life is better than my S5 we and that battery was great. Easily lasts longer than a day.
    BBSeattle likes this.
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Quote Originally Posted by matthewmcquay View Post
    Thanks for the heads up about this.

Do either of these, the Xposed Framework of the Tweakbox, allow the screen resolution to be lowered to 1080p? I saw a post somewhere say that, but I have yet to be able to find it. Battery life is all that is holding me back from buying the G3 and I would think lowering the screen resolution would help.

I have not researched and tested this to confirm anything yet. But I am looking into it.

Just to let everyone know, this application is free but the donate version is $1.40 to get all the features enabled. It's a good deal for his work and testing modules so you don't have to worry about unstable modifications.
    Thanked by:

G3 tweakbox 1.2 beta is available and adds a few more things to customise your G3..

The below PIC is adding some colour to the toggles & you can also use the HTC one if you like :-)

For rooted users have a looksie :-)
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails G3 TweaksBox - Want to Tweak your G3?  (Root Required)-1408884965728.jpg  

Gotta have Tweakbox for root users. Bleed thru Status/Nav bar and de-clutter the Status bar are a few of many features.

white VS985
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails G3 TweaksBox - Want to Tweak your G3?  (Root Required)-36791.jpg  
    Thanked by 2:

Question about tweakbox. Can it cause a softbrick? Also if I decide to factory reset will it go back to normal?

Posted via LG G3.

Posted via LG G3.

Answer...there is always a risk but I would say its a very minimal one as its been tested.

2)If you factory reset I would presume all your settings through G3 tweakbox would be reset.

Thanked by:

Quote Originally Posted by Duncan1982 View Post

Okay thanks. I'm considering giving it a try!

Posted via LG G3.

May play around with it today.....in church
  12. Thread Author  Thread Author    #11  

Updated my setup a bit from the first screenshot..

Hide tabs, reworked status bar, shortened the height of nab bar.

sbeil likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by apcplaza View Post
    Gotta have Tweakbox for root users. Bleed thru Status/Nav bar and de-clutter the Status bar are a few of many features.

white VS985
    I just rooted yesterday and xposed/g3 tweakbox was my main reason. Pretty sweet so far. Would you mind telling us how to get this bleed thru effect going if it's not too much? I haven't figured that out yet.

Quote Originally Posted by ejb1013 View Post
    I just rooted yesterday and xposed/g3 tweakbox was my main reason. Pretty sweet so far. Would you mind telling us how to get this bleed thru effect going if it's not too much? I haven't figured that out yet.
    Go into tweakbox-themes tweak-Tinted bars mod-tick the enable gradient over tint-Job done :-)

Thanked by:

Go into tweakbox-themes tweak-Tinted bars mod-tick the enable gradient over tint-Job done :-)

Thanks. I thought that might be it but I hadnt had a chance to play with that yet.

Quote Originally Posted by ejb1013 View Post
    Thanks. I thought that might be it but I hadnt had a chance to play with that yet.
    With most tweaks you'll have to reboot for it to take effect :-)

Enjoy :-)

Duncan, have you found a way to change the colors of the home buttons?

With most tweaks you'll have to reboot for it to take effect :-)

Enjoy :-)

Quote Originally Posted by BBSeattle View Post
    Duncan, have you found a way to change the colors of the home buttons?
    Like this?

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails G3 TweaksBox - Want to Tweak your G3?  (Root Required)-16087.jpg  
    Owner of a replacement Htc One... Till something better comes along
    LG G3
    Retired Ambassador
    Thanked by:

Yes, Thank you. Please disregard, I disabled the master theme tweak and was pulling my hair out wondering why my "tweaks" weren't being applied.
    Again, thanks for the quick response... I was having a Knucklehead moment.

Quote Originally Posted by ffejjj View Post
    Like this?

ffejjj likes this.

ROM
    Myn's Two point Two Rls 5

G3 tweakbox 1.2 beta is available and adds a few more things to customise your G3..

The below PIC is adding some colour to the toggles & you can also use the HTC one if you like :-)

For rooted users have a looksie :-)
    How'd you get them to be different colors individually? Mine are all blue.

If I've been helpful to you in some such way or another, kindly hit the "Thanks" button on the bottom right.. Appreciate it!

I just rooted and installed tweaksbox. Love the customizability.... One question though.... When Android L is released will we be able to to receive the update? If it matters I have the Verizon version of the G3.

Quote Originally Posted by mike770 View Post
    I just rooted and installed tweaksbox. Love the customizability.... One question though.... When Android L is released will we be able to to receive the update? If it matters I have the Verizon version of the G3.
    You should be a to receive it. It'll break root and all customizations I believe.

Posted via LG G3.
    Thanked by:

Does this enable a scrollable dock?? That's the only feature in missing from Nova...

You should be a to receive it. It'll break root and all customizations I believe.

Posted via LG G3.
    Good to know I actually had the same question. Should I uninstall xposed. First though or can I just do a straight update

HTC enhanced toggles is another great feature of G3 tweakbox :-)
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails G3 TweaksBox - Want to Tweak your G3?  (Root Required)-1409397631338.jpg  

Posted via LG G3.
    If you do a factory reset all Xposed stuff gets wiped.

As far a bricking, I've been playing with Xposed for a long time and I have yet to brick a phone. Got some whacky FC's when I caused some overlapping issues, but never anything easy to stop.

Make a nandroid backup in any case
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast