G3 TweaksBox - Want to Tweak your G3? (Root Required)

xocomaox

Jul 8, 2014
Visit site
This application is terrific! Requires root and Xposed Framework.

I modified my grid size in home and app drawer, and added the good old menu button to the nav bar. Also, I absolutely LOVE the option to knock off the screen from anywhere by tapping the nav bar. This was annoying because I couldn't just lock the screen while in a web page or game, without hitting the power button.

uzu2u3y9.jpg

anon(92475)

Nov 27, 2010
Visit site
Re: G3 TweaksBox

Thanks for the heads up about this.

Do either of these, the Xposed Framework of the Tweakbox, allow the screen resolution to be lowered to 1080p? I saw a post somewhere say that, but I have yet to be able to find it. Battery life is all that is holding me back from buying the G3 and I would think lowering the screen resolution would help.

Posted via Android Central App

bassplayrguy

Trusted Member
May 3, 2013
Visit site

Odd to hear ppl talk About bad battery life. My battery life is better than my S5 we and that battery was great. Easily lasts longer than a day.

xocomaox

Jul 8, 2014
Visit site
Thanks for the heads up about this.

Do either of these, the Xposed Framework of the Tweakbox, allow the screen resolution to be lowered to 1080p? I saw a post somewhere say that, but I have yet to be able to find it. Battery life is all that is holding me back from buying the G3 and I would think lowering the screen resolution would help.

I have not researched and tested this to confirm anything yet. But I am looking into it.

Just to let everyone know, this application is free but the donate version is $1.40 to get all the features enabled. It's a good deal for his work and testing modules so you don't have to worry about unstable modifications.

Duncan1982

Banned
Oct 21, 2013
Visit site

G3 tweakbox 1.2 beta is available and adds a few more things to customise your G3..

The below PIC is adding some colour to the toggles & you can also use the HTC one if you like :)

For rooted users have a looksie :)

Attachments

• 1408884965728.jpg
    1408884965728.jpg
    33.9 KB · Views: 126

apcplaza

May 7, 2010
Visit site

Gotta have Tweakbox for root users. Bleed thru Status/Nav bar and de-clutter the Status bar are a few of many features.

white VS985

Attachments

• 36791.jpg
    36791.jpg
    31.6 KB · Views: 276

xamadeix

Oct 20, 2010
Visit site

Question about tweakbox. Can it cause a softbrick? Also if I decide to factory reset will it go back to normal?

Posted via LG G3.

Duncan1982

Banned
Oct 21, 2013
Visit site
Question about tweakbox. Can it cause a softbrick? Also if I decide to factory reset will it go back to normal?

Posted via LG G3.

To answer your questions...

1)Can it cause a softbrick....

Answer...there is always a risk but I would say its a very minimal one as its been tested.

2)If you factory reset I would presume all your settings through G3 tweakbox would be reset.

Posted via the Android Central App

xamadeix

Oct 20, 2010
Visit site

To answer your questions...

1)Can it cause a softbrick....

Answer...there is always a risk but I would say its a very minimal one as its been tested.

2)If you factory reset I would presume all your settings through G3 tweakbox would be reset.

Okay thanks. I'm considering giving it a try!

Posted via LG G3.

xocomaox

Jul 8, 2014
Visit site

Updated my setup a bit from the first screenshot..

Hide tabs, reworked status bar, shortened the height of nab bar.

e52f5f0b2b19ccf6f6d30164cc812e0d.jpg

ejb1013

Jul 16, 2010
Visit site

Gotta have Tweakbox for root users. Bleed thru Status/Nav bar and de-clutter the Status bar are a few of many features.

white VS985
I just rooted yesterday and xposed/g3 tweakbox was my main reason. Pretty sweet so far. Would you mind telling us how to get this bleed thru effect going if it's not too much? I haven't figured that out yet.

Duncan1982

Banned
Oct 21, 2013
Visit site

I just rooted yesterday and xposed/g3 tweakbox was my main reason. Pretty sweet so far. Would you mind telling us how to get this bleed thru effect going if it's not too much? I haven't figured that out yet.

Go into tweakbox-themes tweak-Tinted bars mod-tick the enable gradient over tint-Job done :)

BBSeattle

Sep 9, 2010
Visit site

Yes, Thank you. Please disregard, I disabled the master theme tweak and was pulling my hair out wondering why my "tweaks" weren't being applied.
Again, thanks for the quick response... I was having a Knucklehead moment.

Like this?

Last edited:

Fried Rice Mofo

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site

G3 tweakbox 1.2 beta is available and adds a few more things to customise your G3..

The below PIC is adding some colour to the toggles & you can also use the HTC one if you like :)

For rooted users have a looksie :)

How'd you get them to be different colors individually? Mine are all blue.

mike770

Jul 11, 2011
Visit site

I just rooted and installed tweaksbox. Love the customizability.... One question though.... When Android L is released will we be able to to receive the update? If it matters I have the Verizon version of the G3.