Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default transfer from htc m8

hi I'm getting my new g3 today and currently have htc m8 , I'm using an iMac computer too is there any software for the mac and how do i transfer from the m8 to g3 contacts apps and pics please i hope I've made the right choice lol

Default Re: transfer from htc m8

Let me know what you think as I am pondering making the same choice.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using AC Forums mobile app

Usually everything will transfer over when u sync an email w the device if it was previously backed up

Tapatalk'n On The M8 ☕🐸

Quote Originally Posted by acemelhaz View Post
    hi I'm getting my new g3 today and currently have htc m8 , I'm using an iMac computer too is there any software for the mac and how do i transfer from the m8 to g3 contacts apps and pics please i hope I've made the right choice lol
    You can do that without your iMac. Simply back up all of your contacts to Google on the M8 with your gmail account. Do the same with all of your pictures with either DropBox, Box.net, Google+, Flickr, etc, all of which are free.
    Then simply log into those accounts on your new G3.

Sent from my LG-D851

Well I made the transition recently. The M8 is really a beautiful and largely amazing phone.
    Two major issues made me leave it behind:
    1. For me, the screen was not large enough. Even though it is 5", it's a narrow proportion screen, like the iphone 5 (only overall larger obviously). Obviously for someone used to an iphone 4, it's a big phone. All personal preference.
    2. The camera was inferior, to me anyway. I found it was taking lousy pictures that were very unprofessional for work use and disappointing for personal use. No way around that. It's HTC's stupid Ultrapixel approach to the sensor. I hope they change this completely for the next iteration.

Other than that it's great. If it had a better camera and a 5.5" screen, I wouldn't consider the G3 for an instant. The 1080 screen is beautiful and perfect in every way- to me. Very smooth ui and operation. Very nice phone, no way around it. Speakers are great. Also, as I'm finding out, it's nice to get this direct from HTC as unlocked (not tied to a carrier). I got the Developer Edition which as well as being SIM unlocked also has an unlocked bootloader. It's very nice not to have all the bloatware, clutter and crippling that AT&T provides on their phones. Unfortunately the G3 is not currently available as a non-carrier-branded phone.