Anybody gotten the IR blaster to work?

DisplacedMic

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
I haven't put tonnes of effort into this yet, but I have tried it on three different Tvs and a cable box with no luck.
Anyone had any success?

dleonard12

Jul 16, 2014
Visit site
I messed around with it last night and tried it on a Sony tv and was able to turn it off, on, and change volume and channel. I'd say a success

atlas9171

Dec 9, 2009
Visit site
Messed with it for a couple minutes last night and got it to work on a Comcast box and a Vizio TV. Seems ok, doesn't work at a long distance though, which is a bummer, can't mess with people watching TV :p

aitt

Feb 20, 2011
Visit site
Works for me. Even configured the colored dots to operate my Lasko fan

Posted via Android Central App

Last edited:

oldrtyfrog

Apr 1, 2011
Visit site
I had to program it while aiming the phone directly in front of the device (like inches from it). After programming, it works just fine from greater distance. I actually got it to control my 10 year old Onkyo receiver than none of my DTV remotes could ever pick up.

DocToxyn

May 27, 2010
Visit site
Works fine here on older Vizio LCD TV and cable box. I can even enter the device menu and change TV input which is great when one arm is trapped under sleeping wife and other remotes are across the room.

DisplacedMic

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
i got it to work on my samsung plasma. i can turn it on/off and select imput. if i could get it to control my yamaha amp this would be a very useful feature.

jf2go

Feb 12, 2011
Visit site
I got it to work with my DirecTV Genie, but could not get it to control my NEC plasma. I had to be about 6ft from my DirecTV box for it to work, so it is pretty much useless for me. I didn't bother to try and setup any of my other devices. Nice idea though.

aitt

Feb 20, 2011
Visit site
You can pretty get it to work with anything if you create custom buttons and have to original remote to configure. I have my TV configured and assigned the color dots to be configured to operate my tower fan. So simple. Sure anything with IR can be configured customized. I did it for both the G3 and the M8. M8 took more try to configure for the fan but eventually it read it.

csmith1289

Jul 14, 2014
Visit site
It's definitely buggy. The one Samsung offers is much better :( somehow it seemed to mess up my regular remote that turns the tv on and off and it stopped working.. Then I removed the TV from the lg remote and miraculously my normal remote began working again .. Although I did have to physically unplug the tv which was really weird

Sent from my LG-D850 using AC Forums mobile app

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781