Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By o4liberty
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Rate the G3

I am going on almost a week with the G3 from AT&T and so far the phone is awesome in my opinion! On a scale of 1 to 10 I give it a 9.8.

How is everyone else feeling about yours?
    Don't forge to vote! Your vote counts!
    Support thr 9-12 Project

Default Re: Rate the G3

Im coming from a note 3 and im liking the lg g3 better. I'll give it a 9.8 also.

Posted via Android Central App

I came from a galaxy s5 and I will also give the G3 a 9.8

Coming from a G2. I'd say that the G3 is a slight improvement on a phone (G2) that was rock solid, except in battery performance. For that reason, I'd give it a 7. I'm happy with it, but it could have been better if they had waited until the 805 chip was out. At least, that's what the "experts" are saying that the 805 will improve battery performance. So:

UPDATE 22 July: I answered this too fast. My battery and phone has settled down now after a few days and is noticeably better than the G2. For that reason, I had to come in and change my rating to a 9. I'd still say that signal strength isn't any better than my G2, so not a 10.
    Proud owner of: Black LG G3 & White LG G2
    Gone But Not Forgotten: OG Droid, Dinc, Droid Charge, iPhone 4, Bionic, Razr Maxx & Maxx HD, iPhone 5, SG3, HTC One Maxx, HTC One (M8), iPhone 6, and Droid Turbo (Ask me anything about them. I remember them all.)

Coming from an S3, I give it a perfect 10! No issues what so ever!

EDIT - after spending some time with the camera, I have changed my perfect 10. Please read my five day review.

Coming from the 5s and Note 3 I give it a solid 9.5. Very good device. Fast. No issues. No lag. Great battery life especially coming from the 5s. The ui is refreshing as well.
    Thanked by:
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

Quote Originally Posted by areyes163 View Post
    Coming from the 5s and Note 3 I give it a solid 9.5. Very good device. Fast. No issues. No lag. Great battery life especially coming from the 5s. The ui is refreshing as well.
    I have to agree coming from several high end devices the G3 is by far the best so far with little or no issues. I understand some are having issues but they are either user error, defective device or unreasonable expectations of the device.
    Support thr 9-12 Project
    Thanked by:
    VDub2174 and GrooveRite like this.

I don't think any phone is perfect, there is always some issue that someone will find. I love the G3, and if I had to rate it I'd probably give it around an 8.8/10.
    Current Devices: OnePlus One, Note 4, Nexus 5, Samsung Galaxy Tab S 8.4

Retired Devices: HTC One M8, Sony Xperia Z2, LG G3, Moto X, Note 3, HTC One, Samsung Galaxy S4, Samsung Galaxy S3, Galaxy Nexus, Motorola Droid Bionic, HTC Droid Incredible, HTC Droid Eris

Android Addict

Quote Originally Posted by o4liberty View Post
    I have to agree coming from several high end devices the G3 is by far the best so far with little or no issues. I understand some are having issues but they are either user error, defective device or unreasonable expectations of the device.
    In complete agreeance with your sentiments! This phone has been great for me from the moment I purchased it.
    Thanked by:

Global Posts
    806 Global Posts

Really don't think it's better than my M8. UI is buggy.

Quote Originally Posted by o4liberty View Post
    I am going on almost a week with the G3 from AT&T and so far the phone is awesome in my opinion! On a scale of 1 to 10 I give it a 9.8.

How is everyone else feeling about yours?
    7.5 my only disappointments/opinions of g3

Global Posts
    242 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Coming from the iPhone 5s and the Note 3, I give it a 9. Very happy with my g3.

Had the g2 and it was a great phone but I do love the g3 love everything about it. I would give the g3 a 9.5

I'd give it a 8.5 right now. Great phone, but some bluetooth issues that my S3 didn't have.

Coming from a G2, I would give the G3 a 8.8/10. I actually find the camera app better on the G2 and the overall color temperature of the G2 screen more pleasing to me. Don't get me wrong, G3 screen is great, but it seems a bit dimmer/yellow cast compared to the G2.
    Battery is close to the G2 in my experience so far, and thats with Exchange and Gmail push email on most of the time.

Quote Originally Posted by bassplayrguy View Post
    I came from a galaxy s5 and I will also give the G3 a 9.8
    I upgraded to S5 from S4 and returned it next day. I'm loving the G3.

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk

I've had my phone since AT&T release day and it has been great. Fantastic screen, fast performance and everything I expected of a 2014 flagship phone. 9.8 is my rating.
  18. Thread Author  Thread Author    #18  

Quote Originally Posted by RSindian View Post
    I've had my phone since AT&T release day and it has been great. Fantastic screen, fast performance and everything I expected of a 2014 flagship phone. 9.8 is my rating.
    I am in the same boat as you with the G3 and it has performed great for me so far and I am not seeing all the issues others are seeing.
    Support thr 9-12 Project

I've only had my G3 since Friday so I'm gonna hold off on judging for now even though I already love this device! I haven't seen any lag.

For those giving 9.8 and so on; what don't you like about your G3?
    "The worst foe lies within the self....."

I give it a 9 out of 10 having some minor touch screen issues but hoping a firmware update can fix that. I am coming from a S4 not a bad phone once rooted and debloated.