Five Days With the G3 and I Couldn't be Happier!!

DroidFox

Aug 21, 2013
Visit site
So I figured I'd post a thread against the other guy's five day review, which I thought was too harsh. Here is my five day review:

Screen - It really is a sight to behold. I came from the S3, which had an AMOLED 720p screen. Colors were deeper, but in my opinion too saturated. The G3 is MUCH cleaner, and though the colors are more toned down, I think they are more natural. If you haven't checked out to the two sample videos included in your phone, you really should. Screen seems bright enough in sunlight too. 10/10

Camera - Haven't taken any videos yet, so I can only comment on picture quality. The S3 had an amazing camera, and actually I think the overall quality of those photos were better. The G3 seems to have some contrast issues where bright lights/sunlight are blown out. This happened when taking pictures indoors and out. I do love the extremely fast focus, and ease of taking pictures. 7/10

Call Quality - This is a phone right? Call quality is good, but a little too quiet. The earpiece seems fine, but the speaker phone is soft. My S3 speaker was much louder. People seem to hear me well, however. 8/10

Phone Performance - Love the UI (coming from Touchwiz) this is sleek, fast and unobtrusive. LG really did a great job adding their own touches to Android, but not over doing them. The phone responds great to everything I ask it to do. No delay that I've noticed. I did disable a lot of the bloat apps, and rebooted the system after doing so. The 3 gigs of ram is great, and I never really go over 1.5 gigs. 10/10

4G Performance - Fast!! Makes my G3 and wife's iphone seem like they are in slow motion. Everywhere I've been so far with 4G has been really impressive. 10/10

Quick Circle - So I got a quick circle case and thought I would comment on that as well. I've gotten a few comments already on how people thought it was a really neat feature, all from iphone users. I really like it as well. When listening to music at the gym, it is really nice to be able to quickly play and switch songs without unlocking the phone. Also, I like how you can answer calls right from the circle, and read emails/texts. Really cool feature in my opinion. 10/10

So that's it for the five day review. I really love this phone, and if not for the Camera it would be a perfect 10/10. Thanks for reading!

streetkilln

Apr 20, 2012
Visit site
So I figured I'd post a thread against the other guy's five day review, which I thought was too harsh. Here is my five day review:

Quick Circle - So I got a quick circle case and though I would comment on that as well. I've gotten a few comments already on how people thought it was a really neat feature, all from iphone users. I really like it as well. When listening to music at the gym, it is really nice to be able to quickly play and switch songs without unlocking the phone. Also, I like how you can answer calls right from the circle, and read emails/texts. Really cool feature in my opinion. 10/10

So that's it for the five day review. I really love this phone, and if not for the Camera it would be a perfect 10/10. Thanks for reading!

what quick circle case are u using? the official lg g3 case or once from online?

GrooveRite

Sep 30, 2010
Visit site
High 5 to a former S3 breathen! :) Like you, I'm also happy with my G3! :cool: Glad I held out of upgrading to the S5! I'll be honest with you....had Samsung offered a 32gb option, I would of bought it. Their loss is someone elses gain as they say!

bassplayrguy

Trusted Member
May 3, 2013
Visit site
I came from a long line of galaxy phones, latest being the S5. This weekend I was having some trouble adjusting to the difference in color saruration and I thought I would compare the two again. My brother still has the S5 so I put them next to one another and ran through some apps and the camera. I'm glad I switched. I never thought the s5 had oversaturation until I left out for awhile and picked it up again. The colors on the G3 are not so much toned down to me as they are true to life. The St was almost gaudy in stone things. Both great phones but I like the screen on the G3 better.

GrooveRite

Sep 30, 2010
Visit site
I came from a long line of galaxy phones, latest being the S5. This weekend I was having some trouble adjusting to the difference in color saruration and I thought I would compare the two again. My brother still has the S5 so I put them next to one another and ran through some apps and the camera. I'm glad I switched. I never thought the s5 had oversaturation until I left out for awhile and picked it up again. The colors on the G3 are not so much toned down to me as they are true to life. The St was almost gaudy in stone things. Both great phones but I like the screen on the G3 better.

Same here! I never thought anything about what most said of over saturation of my Samsung devices but looking back, I'm starting to think that that may of played a role in the burning/straining of my eyes when looking at it for more than an hour while gaming, reading or watching a movie. I'm hoping that the toned down saturation of the G3 helps me there. I know, the 5.5" screen helps as well....lol!

DroidFox

Aug 21, 2013
Visit site
i was thinking to get that hows it working out. and does the case have a magnet or sumthing to keep it shut

No magnet, which is a negative, but it does work with sleep/wake. I actually do not think the official case has a magnet either. I am liking the case so far. It is not premium feeling, but not cheap either. The back is hard enough where it feels protected. The cutouts line up well, but there is a cutout for the TV antenna, which makes it fit for the Korean model too. I noticed a small piece of the front stitching coming lose, which I may contact the vendor if it gets worse.

khodr.chehab

Jul 25, 2012
Visit site
I used the s2, s3, s4, I purchased the s5 & returned it. The size doesn't worth the upgrade from the s4, it's bulky for no value. I purchased the G3 & I'm loving it. Got it the morning it was released, the wife got jealous, we ended up with a black & white G3.

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk

geebee1932

Dec 21, 2010
Visit site
I returned my G Note 3 and got the G3 and I could not be happier. The Note 3 was just average for me - average looks, average launcher, average user experience. The real deal breaker was the GPS. I am a cyclist and use my phone to track my rides. The GPS in the Note 3 was always 10-15% off - totally unsat. The LG G3 is just the opposite. The screen is great, it fits in the my hand better, the launcher is more "stock like". The phone is fluid without lag and the battery life is great as well easily lasting 36 hours between charges. I could not be happier with the G3.

I bought the OEM circle case - it does not have a magnet but it works great. I love tapping on the circle to see the time or if I have any messages.

ffejjj

May 14, 2012
Visit site
Glad to see people are enjoying their new phones.

I made the jump from my HTC One to the G3 and I'm really pleased

Posted via Android Central App

marrzie

Nov 17, 2012
Visit site
I returned my G Note 3 and got the G3 and I could not be happier. The Note 3 was just average for me - average looks, average launcher, average user experience. The real deal breaker was the GPS. I am a cyclist and use my phone to track my rides. The GPS in the Note 3 was always 10-15% off - totally unsat. The LG G3 is just the opposite. The screen is great, it fits in the my hand better, the launcher is more "stock like". The phone is fluid without lag and the battery life is great as well easily lasting 36 hours between charges. I could not be happier with the G3.

I bought the OEM circle case - it does not have a magnet but it works great. I love tapping on the circle to see the time or if I have any messages.

Are you able to get this long battery life using gps every day? How long do you use gps on average per day? And do you always use auto brightness? Thanks.

Ismael B

Jul 22, 2014
Visit site
I'm really interested in swapping my z1 compact with the g3. I have 2 questions: 1- does the system allow moving apps to the sd card or is that feature eliminated like in sony phones.
2- how do you find photos taken in HDR mode. The HDR on the xperia sucks. I've tried the HDR on the note 3 and it's really impressive..would need some feedback regarding the G3

GrooveRite

Sep 30, 2010
Visit site
I'm really interested in swapping my z1 compact with the g3. I have 2 questions: 1- does the system allow moving apps to the sd card or is that feature eliminated like in sony phones.
2- how do you find photos taken in HDR mode. The HDR on the xperia sucks. I've tried the HDR on the note 3 and it's really impressive..would need some feedback regarding the G3

Moving apps/app data to sd card commonly causes corrupt files and issues in the system. This is the main reason why sd cards get such a bad rap in my opinion! Keeps apps and app data in your internal storage and everything else (music, movies, pics, personal files, etc.) in your sd card. Besides, you get 32gb internal storage with the G3!

Last edited:

Duncan1982

Banned
Oct 21, 2013
Visit site
Moving apps/app data to sd card commonly causes corruption files and issues in the system. This is the main reason why sd cards get such a bad rap in my opinion! Keeps apps and app data in your internal storage and everything else (music, movies, pics, personal files, etc.) in your sd card. Besides, you get 32gb internal storage with the G3!

Or in my case 16gb booooooo, but its sufficient as I don't install games and only have apps that I use.

Duncan1982

Banned
Oct 21, 2013
Visit site
2 things 1 you can eliminate the lag by using lg hidden menu works well. Also 16gb only has 2gb of ram kinda a let down

Tbh as much as I do like specs and yes I would rather the 3/32gb high numbers are better or are they? The 2/16gb is certainly handling everything I'm throwing at it :)