Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Jdane07
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    10 Global Posts

Default Visible Digitizer Issue

I've had my g3 for about 3 weeks now and have noticed some build quality issues, one of them being an extremely visible digitizer which distracts from viewing anything that has a white background. Extremely annoying. Does anyone have this issue also? Is it worth replacing the device for?

Default Re: Visible Digitizer Issue

Quote Originally Posted by Ladelfm View Post
    I've had my g3 for about 3 weeks now and have noticed some build quality issues, one of them being an extremely visible digitizer which distracts from viewing anything that has a white background. Extremely annoying. Does anyone have this issue also? Is it worth replacing the device for?
    explain becaus i know the g2 has issue with that.

I don't see anything on my phone. What does this look like? I tried googling pictures but that didn't seem to help. perhaps this is something hat doesn't translate in a picture?
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

Global Posts
    10 Global Posts

Definitely something that's hard to pick up in pictures but it looks like a very mild form of this picture: http://forums.macrumors.com/attachme...5&d=1386913277
    Last edited by Ladelfm; 07-21-2014 at 01:31 PM.

Id return it.

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk

If its a dotted grid the g2 had this u cans see in sun light

Global Posts
    233 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ladelfm View Post
    Definitely something that's hard to pick up in pictures but it looks like a very mild form of this picture: http://forums.macrumors.com/attachme...5&d=1386913277
    Luckily, I've never had a phone do that. However, if I were you, I'd take it in to have it looked at. It's still under warranty.

That's awful! Return it!

i doubt its worth replacing. On my G2 I could see the metallic grid mainly when outside and at angle. Most of the time straight on it's not noticeable.
    I havent seen it on my G3. Who knows, could be some parts of the screen are sourced elsewhere and slight difference.
  10. Thread Author  Thread Author    #10  

Global Posts
    10 Global Posts

Would anyone know if this is covered under warranty. Too much of a hassle to return it now since I'm out of the country but maybe down the line I can ask for a screen replacement? Although I do feel like mine is an early production unit since it has other noticeable problems like an extremely flimsy back cover and some spontaneous shutting off.

A visible digitizer is something that bugs the hell out of me. My old G2 had a very visible one, as did my Z2.
    It is something that I always look for on new devices. That being said, mine is not visible in the slightest... Even in direct sunlight.

Posted via Android Central App
    xocomaox likes this.

Not sure if its covered by there warranty. But if u bought it from a store u should have a certain amount of days to return it.

I am not sure if this is a digitizer issue or heat issue but I have noticed when I use my phone a lot in one sitting I get a yellow discoloration in spots on the screen especially around the home button and then if I set it down and come back to it it is gone. Is this an issue worth returning? It bugs the crud out of me.

Quote Originally Posted by kuhns787 View Post
    I am not sure if this is a digitizer issue or heat issue but I have noticed when I use my phone a lot in one sitting I get a yellow discoloration in spots on the screen especially around the home button and then if I set it down and come back to it it is gone. Is this an issue worth returning? It bugs the crud out of me.
    got a pic?

Quote Originally Posted by streetkilln View Post
    got a pic?
    No pic it is a pale yellow straight line looking thing so to hard to get a screen shot of I tried to so I could show At&t because like I said it only does it when I am using it a lot at one time.

Quote Originally Posted by kuhns787 View Post
    No pic it is a pale yellow straight line looking thing so to hard to get a screen shot of I tried to so I could show At&t because like I said it only does it when I am using it a lot at one time.
    Id return it :-/

Quote Originally Posted by streetkilln View Post
    Id return it :-/

I think I will I am super picky about my phones and don't want a small proble to turn into a big one after return period is up. I am headed there today after work anyways foe something else so while I am there I will just have to do an exchange.