GMail sync setting

jwnpgh

Jul 14, 2012
Visit site
I have been trying to set the gmail sync setting. All I can figure out is that the sync is either auto on or off.

The other email accounts have settings for sync frequency and are easy to manage but I cannot find any way to control the frequency of gmail syncing.

has anyone else tried or found out how?

thanks

John

mmohn01

Aug 31, 2010
Visit site
Try adding your gmail account to your regular email client on the phone as a POP mailbox.

https://support.google.com/mail/troubleshooter/1668960?hl=en

xocomaox is exactly right. When you have it setup through the gmail app then it is automatically "pushed" to your phone as soon as you get it. When you just set it up through the generic email app then it is "pulled", or retrieved, at whatever intervals you have it set to in the app.
For me, I am fine with it being pushed instantly. However, if I had all 6 of my emails addresses pushed then my battery life would decrease exponentially. Like it did back in the Ye ole days of the Blackberry.

xocomaox

Jul 8, 2014
Visit site
I actually turn the sync off on my Gmail. I prefer manual sync, but then again I don't use my Gmail as often as my other email accounts.

wumpu5

Jul 16, 2015
Visit site
Advice from Google's product forums is to use a third party app to control the sync interval. I personally use and recommend Force Gmail Sync which is available on Google play. You can check out the website at forcegmailsync.com

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
samyblaze