Regarding Lag On The G3

pmcnei11

Jul 31, 2014
Visit site
Games don't run as smoothly as the latest 1080 S801 flagships for me. I can see the stutter. Same with the UI at times even with Nova, its just not as smooth. Makes sense really as the S801 is having to render more pixels than the 1080 phones. I kind of wish I waited for the S805 version (which is being released worldwide in Septemeber according to the news yesterday).

akhi216

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
I just got the phone today - there was definitely TW lag before I unlocked developer options and turned all animations off, now the phone runs smooth as butter.

Last edited:

YepDatsE

Aug 3, 2014
Visit site
Have had my G3 for about two days now and haven't experienced any lag... Hope this doesn't happen to me

Posted via Android Central App

brewzer

Dec 13, 2010
Visit site
i tried using nova launcher and I lost knock on/off function and the settings icon in the notification drop down doesn't work anymore. Any thoughts?

You didn't lose the knock on ability, just the knock off with nova launcher, but that's easily fixed. Just download a knock on/off app. Then go into Nova gesture settings and select the knock off/on app for the double tap gesture. You may need the paid version, that's what I have.

Sent from my LG-D850 using AC Forums mobile app

moosc

Grand Master Moosc
Oct 20, 2009
Visit site
Technically you didny loose it. Tapping statues bar works just fine. No need to dl another app
You didn't lose the knock on ability, just the knock off with nova launcher, but that's easily fixed. Just download a knock on/off app. Then go into Nova gesture settings and select the knock off/on app for the double tap gesture. You may need the paid version, that's what I have.

Sent from Bad Azz VZW LG G2 Cyan Tapatalk

Carlitosxfeng

Aug 11, 2014
Visit site
I have g3 on Verizon I got rid of extra screens and full page widgets. Disabled bloat and I am totally lag free on LG launcher. I'm normally a nova prime guy but always give stock launcher a chance. This is the best stock launcher I've used so far.

Posted via Android Central App

Hey, what bloat did you disable?

LeoRex

Retired Moderator
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
There are some UI hiccups with this phone.... LG completely overhauled the interface and loaded it on a display that has a MUCH higher resolution. That the UI has some optimization issues on first phone launched with that combination isn't a surprise. It's not a hardware limitation either... I did some side by side stuff with my wife's Nexus 5... and sometimes the Nexus would beat the G3 to the punch, other times the G3 would zip though a half step quicker. A hardware limitation wouldn't be intermittent like that.

Running the AOSP builds, which also eliminated those burps reinforced that belief. LG's Optimus UI, in G3 clothing, needed a little bit of work. And I can say, without a shadow of a doubt, that the issues can be addressed because they HAVE been addressed. I've been running CloudyG3 for a few days now and it's UI performance is on par with the G3's AOSP builds AND my Nexus 5 reference device. So either CloudyFA is some android savant and did more to optimize the G3's software than all of the engineers over at LG, or the international 10M base which Cloudy is based on got the framework updates that addressed the problems... .and us poor saps here in the US just haven't got the new code yet.

Fred Wilson2

Oct 24, 2014
Visit site
Knock off works with Nova, simply double tap up the the notification bar area. No need to download yet another app.

Fred

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nikoczzzz