Hi, yesterday, I bought a lg g3 verizon version from best buy. I was playing some game and it had a black background, I saw a stuck pixel that is blue and don't know if I should take it back or try and fix it. Its bugging me pretty badly. Thanks!
    07-21-2014 06:27 PM
    You can try to get it replaced, but I can tell you that's it's 99.9999% certain that they won't exchange it. If you actually read the entire Warranty section, it's in there somewhere that 'dead pixels' are actually common and a single pixel will not warrant an exchange, only a cluster of "X" (depends on the company) dead pixels together or "X" number of scattered dead pixels will count as a warranty-replaceable defect.

I know it's not what you want to hear from a new phone, but it is what it is
    07-21-2014 06:41 PM
    You can try to get it replaced, but I can tell you that's it's 99.9999% certain that they won't exchange it. If you actually read the entire Warranty section, it's in there somewhere that 'dead pixels' are actually common and a single pixel will not warrant an exchange, only a cluster of "X" (depends on the company) dead pixels together or "X" number of scattered dead pixels will count as a warranty-replaceable defect.

I know it's not what you want to hear from a new phone, but it is what it is

Well whenever I went to best buy, they said I can take it back before 14 days after purchasing the phone if I don't like it or if somethings wrong.
    07-21-2014 06:45 PM
    Say the phone itself was having heating problems and stuff lol. I like to lie my way out of things and it works.

Posted via Android Central App
    07-21-2014 06:49 PM
    Well whenever I went to best buy, they said I can take it back before 14 days after purchasing the phone if I don't like it or if somethings wrong.
    Well, in that case yeah, if you can't stand the dead pixel, just return it. They will most likely charge you the re-stocking fee, though. I'm not suggesting you lie, but exaggerating things a bit MIGHT get you a replacement unit instead
    07-21-2014 06:58 PM
    Well, in that case yeah, if you can't stand the dead pixel, just return it. They will most likely charge you the re-stocking fee, though. I'm not suggesting you lie, but exaggerating things a bit MIGHT get you a replacement unit instead
    Alright thanks! I'm going to best buy tomorrow because that stuck pixel is bugging me pretty badly!
    07-21-2014 07:15 PM
    Say the phone itself was having heating problems and stuff lol. I like to lie my way out of things and it works.

Posted via Android Central App
    Ok, I think I will lie a little.
    07-21-2014 07:16 PM
    Restocking fee is $35.00 and you will have to pay this.
    07-22-2014 12:32 AM
    They don't charge a restocking fee at best buy. You should be good to go. Good luck

Sent from my Nexus 5 using AC Forums mobile app
    07-22-2014 05:50 AM
    sorry - but with the resolution on the lg3 - i think you would probably have a cluster of pixels off - not one. good luck with the return/exchange- its a great phone and i love it!

Sent from my VK810 4G using AC Forums mobile app
    07-22-2014 06:24 AM
    I don't know... a blue pixel on a black background is pretty noticeable, even on high-res screens.
    07-22-2014 01:43 PM
    Do at own risk, but you could try running one of those stuck pixel videos. There are several on youtube for example. Bought a refurb zenbook that had a small cluster of pixels in the bottom corner. After running one of those vids with flashing colors and rotating patterns overnight half the pixels seemingly became functional again.
    07-22-2014 02:20 PM
    If you are in the 14 days I would take it in for a swap or return.
    07-22-2014 02:31 PM
    Update: The stuck pixel disappeared today, so I'm not going to take it.
    SpookDroid likes this.
    07-22-2014 08:00 PM