Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By spaynex
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Stuck Pixel

Hi, yesterday, I bought a lg g3 verizon version from best buy. I was playing some game and it had a black background, I saw a stuck pixel that is blue and don't know if I should take it back or try and fix it. Its bugging me pretty badly. Thanks!

Default Re: Stuck Pixel

You can try to get it replaced, but I can tell you that's it's 99.9999% certain that they won't exchange it. If you actually read the entire Warranty section, it's in there somewhere that 'dead pixels' are actually common and a single pixel will not warrant an exchange, only a cluster of "X" (depends on the company) dead pixels together or "X" number of scattered dead pixels will count as a warranty-replaceable defect.

I know it's not what you want to hear from a new phone, but it is what it is
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Quote Originally Posted by SpookDroid View Post
    You can try to get it replaced, but I can tell you that's it's 99.9999% certain that they won't exchange it. If you actually read the entire Warranty section, it's in there somewhere that 'dead pixels' are actually common and a single pixel will not warrant an exchange, only a cluster of "X" (depends on the company) dead pixels together or "X" number of scattered dead pixels will count as a warranty-replaceable defect.

I know it's not what you want to hear from a new phone, but it is what it is

Well whenever I went to best buy, they said I can take it back before 14 days after purchasing the phone if I don't like it or if somethings wrong.

Say the phone itself was having heating problems and stuff lol. I like to lie my way out of things and it works.

Posted via Android Central App

Quote Originally Posted by spaynex View Post
    Well whenever I went to best buy, they said I can take it back before 14 days after purchasing the phone if I don't like it or if somethings wrong.
    Well, in that case yeah, if you can't stand the dead pixel, just return it. They will most likely charge you the re-stocking fee, though. I'm not suggesting you lie, but exaggerating things a bit MIGHT get you a replacement unit instead
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

Quote Originally Posted by SpookDroid View Post
    Well, in that case yeah, if you can't stand the dead pixel, just return it. They will most likely charge you the re-stocking fee, though. I'm not suggesting you lie, but exaggerating things a bit MIGHT get you a replacement unit instead
    Alright thanks! I'm going to best buy tomorrow because that stuck pixel is bugging me pretty badly!
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

Quote Originally Posted by AKFL3TCH3R View Post
    Say the phone itself was having heating problems and stuff lol. I like to lie my way out of things and it works.

Posted via Android Central App
    Ok, I think I will lie a little.

Restocking fee is $35.00 and you will have to pay this.

Global Posts
    540 Global Posts

They don't charge a restocking fee at best buy. You should be good to go. Good luck

Sent from my Nexus 5 using AC Forums mobile app

sorry - but with the resolution on the lg3 - i think you would probably have a cluster of pixels off - not one. good luck with the return/exchange- its a great phone and i love it!

Sent from my VK810 4G using AC Forums mobile app

I don't know... a blue pixel on a black background is pretty noticeable, even on high-res screens.

Do at own risk, but you could try running one of those stuck pixel videos. There are several on youtube for example. Bought a refurb zenbook that had a small cluster of pixels in the bottom corner. After running one of those vids with flashing colors and rotating patterns overnight half the pixels seemingly became functional again.

Global Posts
    80 Global Posts
    ROM
    CleanRom 2.5

If you are in the 14 days I would take it in for a swap or return.
  14. Thread Author  Thread Author    #14  

Update: The stuck pixel disappeared today, so I'm not going to take it.
    SpookDroid likes this.