Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default No wireless charging back at launch

This just kind of chapped my *** so I thought I'd ***** a little.....

The phone is capable of wireless charging. The previous model (Verizon) came with this feature. Yet there's still not an official back out yet. I know the circle case works but I'm not a case guy. The phone was announced long enough before launching to give manufacturers time to prepare. I guess I just don't understand what the hold up is of releasing it. Unless they think they'll sell more wired chargers if they delay it.

Hopefully it's released soon so I can return to my cord free life. That being said, what are your thoughts on wireless charging?
    Grand Master Moosc

Global Posts
    5,615 Global Posts
    ROM
    AKOP M4 old geezer theme

Default Re: No wireless charging back at launch

Know where to look you can find a back cover with and with out carrier branding. There selling long hot cakes on ebay. Also couple sights have just the pad you add to your own rear cover. And I love qi using my tylt charger No wireless charging back at launch-uploadfromtaptalk1405992082354.jpg

Sent from Bad Azz VZW LG G2 Cyan Tapatalk
    Google Nexus Class Devices (Nexus7, Nexus4, Galaxy Nexus lte VZW)...@moosc on twitter ...
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

I thought I had seen someone talking about them. My only concern is that they're made of cheaper materials and may effect charging.

I picked up my original circle case from the Verizon store when I got the G3 on launch day. It's a sweet case.
    bmidd likes this.

does your case have wireless charging?
    check me out on twitter http://twitter.com/dchandler326

Add me on Gtalk dchandler326@gmail.com

Quote Originally Posted by codyfred85 View Post
    This just kind of chapped my *** so I thought I'd ***** a little.....

Hopefully it's released soon so I can return to my cord free life. That being said, what are your thoughts on wireless charging?
    I love it, yes I know it's slower but I'm in no rush. It would've been even better if LG, like Samsung made the G3 waterproof.

Hopefully, in August 1 when it launches up here there will be accessories available, I'll even be happy if LG releases an Extra Battery Kit. I still have 50% off coupon.
    "I'll put up color bars before I'll put you in front of our cameras."

- MacKenzie (THE NEWSROOM, HBO)

The vzw rep I talked to had no answer for the lack of accessories in general but said wireless charging is a lot slower. Can anyone confirm?

Yes wireless is slower, but I only use my qi at night on my night stand table. Easy peasy... Lemon squeezeeee

sent from my Nos M7 DNA
    Grand Master Moosc

Global Posts
    5,615 Global Posts
    ROM
    AKOP M4 old geezer theme

There stock replacement parts same quilty as orginal door.
    Quote Originally Posted by codyfred85 View Post
    I thought I had seen someone talking about them. My only concern is that they're made of cheaper materials and may effect charging.

Google Nexus Class Devices (Nexus7, Nexus4, Galaxy Nexus lte VZW)...@moosc on twitter ...

Just ordered the FleaBay battery door. It should be here at the end of the week. Yes, wireless charging is slower, so what? I use it exclusively at night when I set my phone down to charge while I sleep. That's the point. In the dark, I don't have to figure out how to line up the stupid micro USB connector to plug it in. The connector is where Android phones fail and iPhones 5+ win. The lightning connector on the iPhone 5 and 5S is one of the best inventions. I wish other manufacturers would come up with a better connector that's capable of being inserted either way. Since they haven't/won't the wireless charger is a great alternative, and the back at $32 on FleaBay, is worth the price. That is, as long as it works. (I'm on Verizon, not AT&T.)
    Proud owner of: White LG G2 & (iPhone 6)
    Gone But Not Forgotten: OG Droid, Dinc, Droid Charge, iPhone 4, Bionic, Razr Maxx & Maxx HD, iPhone 5, SG3, HTC One Maxx, HTC One (M8), iPhone 6, Droid Turbo, & LG G3 (Ask me anything about them. I remember them all.)
    Grand Master Moosc

Global Posts
    5,615 Global Posts
    ROM
    AKOP M4 old geezer theme

Im wanting the manget style chargers. Those are nice.
    Quote Originally Posted by scottysize View Post
    Just ordered the FleaBay battery door. It should be here at the end of the week. Yes, wireless charging is slower, so what? I use it exclusively at night when I set my phone down to charge while I sleep. That's the point. In the dark, I don't have to figure out how to line up the stupid micro USB connector to plug it in. The connector is where Android phones fail and iPhones 5+ win. The lightning connector on the iPhone 5 and 5S is one of the best inventions. I wish other manufacturers would come up with a better connector that's capable of being inserted either way. Since they haven't/won't the wireless charger is a great alternative, and the back at $32 on FleaBay, is worth the price. That is, as long as it works. (I'm on Verizon, not AT&T.)

Does the wireless cover add extra bulk to the phone like the S5 cover does to it?

Sent from my VS985 4G using AC Forums mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by moosc View Post
    Know where to look you can find a back cover with and with out carrier branding. There selling long hot cakes on ebay. Also couple sights have just the pad you add to your own rear cover. And I love qi using my tylt charger Click image for larger version. 

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1405992082354.jpg 
Views:	183 
Size:	46.0 KB 
ID:	128710

White, gold, or for the F400. That's all there is. Neither will look good on the black metallic version. Plus....134 bucks for the gold one?? They can keep it for that price.

I'm sure they will have OEM backs out soon.
    Note 4/ Note 3 / Note 2 / hTc One E8 / Moto X / hTc ONE / LG G3 / iTerd 5s / iTerd 6
    Grand Master Moosc

Global Posts
    5,615 Global Posts
    ROM
    AKOP M4 old geezer theme

The $134 means it is out of stock. Itll go down when he gets stock
    Quote Originally Posted by Gator352 View Post
    White, gold, or for the F400. That's all there is. Neither will look good on the black metallic version. Plus....134 bucks for the gold one?? They can keep it for that price.

I'm sure they will have OEM backs out soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Lightshield View Post
    Does the wireless cover add extra bulk to the phone like the S5 cover does to it?

Sent from my VS985 4G using AC Forums mobile app
    Do not hold me to this being mine has not come in yet, but people on XDA say not.

There is also a thread on XDA where a guy ordered the white one and simply pulled the Qi/NFC sticker off and stuck it on his stock Gray back. All of the picks just show a different sticker so it should be the same depth.

Sent from my LG-D851
    Gator352 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by gvndeb60 View Post
    Do not hold me to this being mine has not come in yet, but people on XDA say not.

There is also a thread on XDA where a guy ordered the white one and simply pulled the Qi/NFC sticker off and stuck it on his stock Gray back. All of the picks just show a different sticker so it should be the same depth.

Sent from my LG-D851
    Now that's an idea!
    Note 4/ Note 3 / Note 2 / hTc One E8 / Moto X / hTc ONE / LG G3 / iTerd 5s / iTerd 6
    Thanked by:

Now that's an idea!
    I'm mobile or I would link you, but it is on the G3 accessories forum. Not a carrier version, just plain old G3. Guy showed pics of before and after, looks really simple. He also said he was very rough with it and had no issues.

Sent from my LG-D851
    Thanked by:

Quote Originally Posted by gvndeb60 View Post
    I'm mobile or I would link you, but it is on the G3 accessories forum. Not a carrier version, just plain old G3. Guy showed pics of before and after, looks really simple. He also said he was very rough with it and had no issues.

Sent from my LG-D851
    That's ok. I think I'm going to get one and try it...I'm sure I can figure it out. Thanks man for the insight!
    Thanked by:
    Grand Master Moosc

Global Posts
    5,615 Global Posts
    ROM
    AKOP M4 old geezer theme

Theres a place online u can buy the sticker for $10 cheaper then buying a whole cover.
    That's ok. I think I'm going to get one and try it...I'm sure I can figure it out. Thanks man for the insight!

Global Posts
    481 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by xocomaox View Post
    The vzw rep I talked to had no answer for the lack of accessories in general but said wireless charging is a lot slower. Can anyone confirm?
    I use Qi charging daily on my Nexus 7, and until I got the G3, on my Galaxy S4.

Yes wireless is slower, however the convenience of charging it by just sitting it down means I'm always topping it off when not using it. Because of that, it never really needs to charge much.

I am always am near a charging pad... have them in several rooms in my house, on my nightstand and on my desk at work.

However my wife who let's her phone get down to 20% before she charges hates the slower wireless charging because she would have to leave the phone on the charging pad for hours ... not happening during the day.

So... as soon as I can find a decent replacement Qi back for my G3, I am getting one...
    Thanked by:

Quote Originally Posted by moosc View Post
    Theres a place online u can buy the sticker for $10 cheaper then buying a whole cover.

True. However it ships from China in 17-28 days per their website and is $10 plus tax. Or you could spend $27 total and have it in 3-5 days and have a battery cover with no carrier marking. Plus a return policy in case of DOA. If you order from China and get DOA a month later, you have to pay to send it back and wait another month. Not worth it IMO.

Sent from my LG-D851

SO, no battery door from FleaBay. The people I ordered it from said they ran out. They are refunding my money. I guess that means no wireless charging for me for now. I'll check back into this in a few weeks. Right now I'm leery...
    Proud owner of: White LG G2 & (iPhone 6)
    Gone But Not Forgotten: OG Droid, Dinc, Droid Charge, iPhone 4, Bionic, Razr Maxx & Maxx HD, iPhone 5, SG3, HTC One Maxx, HTC One (M8), iPhone 6, Droid Turbo, & LG G3 (Ask me anything about them. I remember them all.)

These are still available. Might take longer as it is outside the US though. Rear Cover Back Cover Battery Cover LG G3 D855 Metallic Black New Original Brand | eBay

There are complaints on battery life threads here about shorter and shallower charges using Wi-Fi chargers. I wonder about that issue.

Posted via Android Central App

Quote Originally Posted by Lapse View Post
    There are complaints on battery life threads here about shorter and shallower charges using Wi-Fi chargers. I wonder about that issue.

Posted via Android Central App
    Specific to the G3? I've got wireless charging on four devices, it might take longer, but never an issue with getting a full charge. I'm not even sure it takes longer with my Tylt, I suppose it returns on the charger's amperage.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast