Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree15Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default just ditched my gs5 for this LG G3

Just thought I would say hi! Received my g3 yesterday after getting totally sick of my gs5 all the niggles that were present with that seem fine with this! Only things I preferred with the Samsung were it was light very light and also I preferred the screen this can look a bit washed out.

Its lovely to see some battery life remaining the Samsung would get so hot and drain so quickly.

All the best

Posted via Android Central App

Default re: just ditched my gs5 for this LG G3

Super AMOLED screens are very nice, I must say. I actually prefer a phone with a little weight to it. I have an original PSP and, compared to the PSP slim, it "feels" better in the hands. The G3 is about perfect.
    jschu22 likes this.

I came from the Note 3 and the G3 is a far superior device in my opinion!
    Don't forge to vote! Your vote counts!
    Support thr 9-12 Project
    Jarvis73 likes this.

Global Posts
    486 Global Posts

I'm debating between the GS5 and the G3 right now. I have about another week to go with my G3 until the trial period ends. So far, I'm very torn. Starting to lean towards the G3 though, the screen size is a big draw for me especially since the G3 isn't that much bigger than the GS5.

This will be interesting come August 1 when it launches up here.

I can't wait to compare the Displays because I had the M8 & Z2 and the S5 killed it...almost forgot, IMO. LOL

Besides the battery, display, performance, etc. What I love about is not only the Size is perfect but it offers both Wireless Charging & it's Waterproof.
    "I'll put up color bars before I'll put you in front of our cameras."

- MacKenzie (THE NEWSROOM, HBO)
    jdfry15 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by xocomaox View Post
    Super AMOLED screens are very nice, I must say. I actually prefer a phone with a little weight to it. I have an original PSP and, compared to the PSP slim, it "feels" better in the hands. The G3 is about perfect.
    Completely disagree, but that's the thing. You're in 1 of two camps with AMOLED screens. Either you love them or hate them. There's no in-between. I hate them. They hurt my eyes. I love the softer look of the G3.
    Proud owner of: White LG G2 & (iPhone 6)
    Gone But Not Forgotten: OG Droid, Dinc, Droid Charge, iPhone 4, Bionic, Razr Maxx & Maxx HD, iPhone 5, SG3, HTC One Maxx, HTC One (M8), iPhone 6, Droid Turbo, & LG G3 (Ask me anything about them. I remember them all.)
    Thanked by:
    ffejjj and gummyjelly like this.

Global Posts
    34 Global Posts

Genuinely curious Danny, what were the things that bothered you most about the GS5?

It's funny how your eyes get used to something and when you switch, your eyes notice it. I have a 100" screen with a 1080p projector and I was completely blown away by the picture. A month later, it didn't seem that big a deal. I have a Samsung 10" note tablet and I love the screen, but it took me a couple of days to adjust my eyes to my G3. Now, I love the more natural looking G3 over a Samsung screen.

Quote Originally Posted by o4liberty View Post
    I agree..

If you go into accessibility, color adjustment you can change the colors.. I did this and much happier.. Here's a screen shot of my settings.

Sent from my LG-D851 using AC Forums mobile app
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails just ditched my gs5 for this LG G3-1406065681462.jpg  
    VW Maverick likes this.

ROM
    Nexus 6 - CM12.1 w/5.1.1

Sweet. That is almost exactly where mine is set.

Mav.

Sent from Area 51 on my Sprint LG G3.

I don't know half of you half as well as I should like,
    and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve.
    gummyjelly likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by gummyjelly View Post
    If you go into accessibility, color adjustment you can change the colors.. I did this and much happier.. Here's a screen shot of my settings.

I put mine there as well. Makes the blacks look deeper, IMO.
    gummyjelly likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by xocomaox View Post
    I put mine there as well. Makes the blacks look deeper, IMO.
    Seems the whites are a little whiter too.

Default Re: just ditched my gs5 for this LG G3

Quote Originally Posted by bembol View Post
    This will be interesting come August 1 when it launches up here.

I can't wait to compare the Displays because I had the M8 & Z2 and the S5 killed it...almost forgot, IMO. LOL

Besides the battery, display, performance, etc. What I love about is not only the Size is perfect but it offers both Wireless Charging & it's Waterproof.
    IF WE EVER GET IT.... ; <

it's July 23rd.. and nothing from any of the carriers.. I held off on the GS5 for the G3.... been using my backup phone for 2 months now... gotta get back on the android kick... ; <

Global Posts
    486 Global Posts

Starting to swing back towards keeping the GS5 and returning the G3. I like the G3 a lot but I find it to be a little too big. While watching movies and surfing is great on the larger screen, I find it more difficult to use the G3 with one hand.

I'm curious where the word "niggles" originated from....

Glad you love the g3!

Quote Originally Posted by sojodave View Post
    It's funny how your eyes get used to something and when you switch, your eyes notice it. I have a 100" screen with a 1080p projector and I was completely blown away by the picture. A month later, it didn't seem that big a deal. I have a Samsung 10" note tablet and I love the screen, but it took me a couple of days to adjust my eyes to my G3. Now, I love the more natural looking G3 over a Samsung screen.
    100" @ 1080p? You must love huge pixels. I can't stand 1080p on anything bigger than 24" on 48" or more it has to be 4K otherwise it is Atari all over again.

Global Posts
    801 Global Posts

Can you extrapolate on this a little.... I'm considering switching from the note 3 myself....

Sent from my SM-N900V using AC Forums mobile app

Global Posts
    801 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by gummyjelly View Post

That font makes my brain hurt....

The note 3 was a nice device but the lag got worse as time went on and the camera was way too slow had to check photos after taking a shot to make sure it was not blurry. The size of the two devices is day and night with the G3 being the winner.
    Don't forge to vote! Your vote counts!
    Support thr 9-12 Project

ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by kj11 View Post
    Can you extrapolate on this a little.... I'm considering switching from the note 3 myself....

I used to have the note 3 before I got the g3. I loved my note and didn't think I would give it up, but the lag started to become really noticeable for me. This phone has all the features that the note has more or less, just without the pen. It will still allow you to draw on pictures and pull up mini apps and the like.

But I'll probably end up with the note 4 when it comes out.

areyes163 likes this.

Global Posts
    629 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by hatchettjack View Post
    Some dude from England introduced it to the forums, and it unfortunately is spreading!

SENT FROM MY LG G-FLEX ON THE NOW NETWORK FROM SPRINT!👍✌
    Yes very British word that seems to be all over the place now. I use it all the time and my boyfriend hates it. Fits perfectly though. Everything has little niggles about it.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using AC Forums mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by da3lynx View Post
    I used to have the note 3 before I got the g3. I loved my note and didn't think I would give it up, but the lag started to become really noticeable for me. This phone has all the features that the note has more or less, just without the pen. It will still allow you to draw on pictures and pull up mini apps and the like.

But I'll probably end up with the note 4 when it comes out.

Same here almost down to the letter except while in certainly curious about the Note 4. It would have to be really something special to switch. For me the G3 is better suited.

The note 3 was a nice device but the lag got worse as time went on and the camera was way too slow had to check photos after taking a shot to make sure it was not blurry. The size of the two devices is day and night with the G3 being the winner.
    The photos I definitely agree on... As for lag I use Nova and don't see any on my Note 3.

Sent from my T-Mobile Note 3 using AC Forums.
    Sent from my T-Mobile Galaxy S6 (32 GB) using AC Forums.
  25. Thread Author  Thread Author    #25  

Quote Originally Posted by erwaso View Post
    I'm curious where the word "niggles" originated from....

Glad you love the g3!

Hi

Its pretty British to be honest, personally I use the word a lot to describe my step children!

Regarding the GS5 the niggles were very tiresome and vexed me.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast