Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By mhettrich
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    46 Global Posts

Default Regular charging question

I'm looking to get this phone this week, maybe even today, if possible.

I was wondering about regular charging as well as when I first get it as in my experience they usually come to you at different points such as 30%, half full, etc

Is it better to let it charge to full once it goes under 50%, only charge it to 80%, etc?

I know the new batteries are much better then they used to be and coming from a Razr Maxx that didn't have a removable battery, I can switch if needed. I do want to help this one last as long as possible though.

Default Re: Regular charging question

Usually, the batteries are at about 60% out of the box.
    As you said, batteries these days are much better and do not require any special handling.
    Just charge it when you want and all is good.

Mav.

I don't know half of you half as well as I should like,
    and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve.
    Thanked by:

Just activate it and start using it. You'll love it as much as I do!

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk

No special charging is required. Battery technology has come a long way.
    Current Devices: OnePlus One, Note 4, Nexus 5, Samsung Galaxy Tab S 8.4

Retired Devices: HTC One M8, Sony Xperia Z2, LG G3, Moto X, Note 3, HTC One, Samsung Galaxy S4, Samsung Galaxy S3, Galaxy Nexus, Motorola Droid Bionic, HTC Droid Incredible, HTC Droid Eris

Android Addict
    bassplayrguy likes this.

Some say that there is an ideal way to charge batteries to maximise the life, but I always charge to 100% when it gets lowish. Even if it shortens the life compared to any ideal way of doing it, what's the big deal? You can always buy a new battery when the old one's wearing out.

Posted via Android Central App
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

Global Posts
    46 Global Posts

Thank you everyone!

Can read up, research, review, etc to death which I don't want to do because it can be overwhelming.

Something I did forget to ask, what did you all do about insurance?

I used to have Asurion, but wanted to try out Best Buy's when I got my Razr Maxx.

For $9 it was so awesome as all I had to do was bring my phone, regardless of what state it was in, to file a claim. If it was still usable, i'd wait till they got a replacement in and otherwise I got a loaner.

Didn't have to pay a deductible or anything which was even better.

They don't offer that any longer but the fact that if it gets stolen i'd be up a creek, worried me.

Think i'll be going back to Asurion, but was wondering if that's what everyone else got?

Know Best Buy has SquareTrade which I don't know as much about. What's your experiences with them?

Thanks!

Brian

There's a site that explains Lithium Ion batteries. Basically it's best to charge between 20% and 80%. Try not to let the battery drain to 0%. This is harmful to the battery. It's also not good to start the charge when the battery is above 80%. But, don't take my word for it: Charging Lithium-Ion Batteries – Battery University

Happy reading
    Proud owner of: Black LG G3 & White LG G2
    Gone But Not Forgotten: OG Droid, Dinc, Droid Charge, iPhone 4, Bionic, Razr Maxx & Maxx HD, iPhone 5, SG3, HTC One Maxx, HTC One (M8), iPhone 6, and Droid Turbo (Ask me anything about them. I remember them all.)

I'm usually pretty anal about not charging till I get below 10% and letting fully charge, but sounds like newer batteries don't require that? I stayed at work an extra 1/2 hour yesterday waiting for it to fully charge, which in total ended up taking 5 freaking hours.