Well, returned the G3

MrBungle999

Aug 3, 2013
Visit site
I just couldnt justify paying extra compared to the G2. Its a great phone but just not enough wow factor. G2 is good enough for now plus I know there will be some crazy cool new phones coming in the next few months. It was just not far ahead of the curve compared to G2. Interface and camera were nice though.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using AC Forums mobile app

GrooveRite

Sep 30, 2010
Visit site
Actually makes alot of sense. The same for people who felt about the S4 and S5.

Posted via Android Central App

Varying differences of opinion really. The vast comments I've read so far is that the S3 and S5 were better than the S4 due to its lagging UI. Yes, they all lag but the S4 lagged the most (hardest?! lol!).

aitt

Feb 20, 2011
Visit site
Varying differences of opinion really. The vast comments I've read so far is that the S3 and S5 were better than the S4 due to its lagging UI. Yes, they all lag but the S4 lagged the most (hardest?! lol!).

That's not the point I'm making. A lot of people didn't feel that s5 was worth the upgrade cause it didn't offer that much more. Software update fixed most issues.

GrooveRite

Sep 30, 2010
Visit site
That's not the point I'm making. A lot of people didn't feel that s5 was worth the upgrade cause it didn't offer that much more. Software update fixed most issues.

You can say the same for most yearly incremental upgrades as well. For me though, the G2's lack of removable bat. and sd card slot make the G3 a highly worthy upgrade considering its just a yearly incremental upgrade. I know not all with agree with me but I do know many who value the importance of having those features on their devices!

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
You can say the same for most yearly incremental upgrades as well. For me though, the G2's lack of removable bat. and sd card slot make the G3 a highly worthy upgrade considering its just a yearly incremental upgrade. I know not all with agree with me but I do know many who value the importance of having those features on their devices!

It's a needs thing. The OP may not have the same needs and that's why he didn't see it as a viable upgrade.. Whereas you did.

It's like that with most things.. Some people live on restricted data.. Others like unlimited.. It's all about what suites you :).

Sent from my T-Mobile Note 3 using AC Forums.

MrBungle999

Aug 3, 2013
Visit site
My wife upgraded from s4 to s5. I didn't think it was worth it either. She doesn't even know about the finger scanner. I really did like the G3 a lot but I didn't want to be locked in to it for 12 months and 30 bucks extra. I just think I could hold out with the G2 a little longer for a phone that really wows me. Maybe the flex 2 with Qhd? ?

I'm using my wife's old s4 for now. Wow I really hate touch wiz lol. It's not as laggy as it was when first released though

erwaso

Mar 11, 2011
Visit site
I personally feel the camera improvement, sd card and screen size/resolution are worth the $100 price difference.

Duncan1982

Banned
Oct 21, 2013
Visit site
My wife upgraded from s4 to s5. I didn't think it was worth it either. She doesn't even know about the finger scanner. I really did like the G3 a lot but I didn't want to be locked in to it for 12 months and 30 bucks extra. I just think I could hold out with the G2 a little longer for a phone that really wows me. Maybe the flex 2 with Qhd? ?

I'm using my wife's old s4 for now. Wow I really hate touch wiz lol. It's not as laggy as it was when first released though

Then something will be around the corner that will wow your more. Such is the way of tech.

Still you gave the G3 a shot and if you were not comfortable then you done the right thing obviously.

I am impresses with many things Camera being one, coming from the Z2 which has great optics, the G3 holds its weight here.

The Second is Screen & build and the design for me they are Fantastic.

Removable battery and sim card slot are welcome plus points.

But we all have different wants and needs, likes and dislikes.

Good luck with your next purchase :)

xocomaox

Jul 8, 2014
Visit site
I agree with the original poster.

I've seen a lot of people on this forum going from Note 3 and G2... Those are relatively new phones, and the step up is marginal. Unless you have a lot of extra cash to throw around, I would not be able to justify the jump to a new phone just yet. It's less than a year old... Unless they are on EDGE or some other step-up program, how can you expect a huge leap in technology?

I came from a razr maxx, which is 2 years old, and the leap was big and impressive. If you were going from a G3 to a Note 4, it's NOT going to be that much better of a phone.

mistic99

Dec 23, 2012
Visit site
While I don't agree with your statement u r entitled to your views. The main reason I chose this phone over the S5 is the wow factor. The G3 has a swagger to it while the S5 is the S4 with a new hair do and makeup. There is a reason why Samsung operating profit declined by nearly 25%.

tech_head

Q&A Team
Aug 25, 2010
Visit site
I switched from a Galaxy S4 to the G3. The 16GB vs 32GB was the motivator.
I was running out of internal space.

Screen and camera are better.

donm527#IM

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
Definitely understand and agree with ya. I am really enjoying the G3 and you can see the little enhancements over the G2 here and there. But if I had the G2 and had to pay $200 for the G3... it's not worth the upgrade. The G2 is a great phone in it's own right and I could wait another year and spend the upgrade on the G4 next year. I lucked out in getting the G3 from work for nothing... and I still get to keep my G2 :p

I just couldnt justify paying extra compared to the G2. Its a great phone but just not enough wow factor. G2 is good enough for now plus I know there will be some crazy cool new phones coming in the next few months. It was just not far ahead of the curve compared to G2. Interface and camera were nice though.

scottysize

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
This is my opinion as well. I posted a review on VZW that said this exact thing this morning. If the phone hadn't of only cost me under $150, it would not have been worth it switching from the G2. The G2's a great phone and the G3's not that big of a step above it.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae