Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By mhettrich
  • 2 Post By mikef1182
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Knock on and Nova Launcher

So that time has finally arrived for me to setup Nova on my G3. The one issue I am having is with Knock On. I can get the phone to turn on with no problem, but am unable to turn it back off from the home screen while Nova is set as my default. Is there a setting that needs to be changed, or does this feature just not work with Nova?
    Current Devices: LG G4, Samsung Galaxy S6, Nexus 6, Samsung Galaxy Tab S 8.4

Retired Devices: Moto X 2014, Note 4, Nexus 5, OnePlus One, HTC One M8, Sony Xperia Z2, LG G3, Moto X, Note 3, HTC One, Samsung Galaxy S4, Samsung Galaxy S3, Galaxy Nexus, Motorola Droid Bionic, HTC Droid Incredible, HTC Droid Eris

Android Addict

Default Re: Knock on and Nova Launcher

My understanding is that in order for knock on/off to work you need Nova Prime (paid version). And the knock-off ONLY works on the top, notification area. Thats all I know. I'm hanging on to LG stock launcher because I like the knock feature A LOT!! lol!
    Thanked by 3:
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Quote Originally Posted by GrooveRite View Post
    My understanding is that in order for knock on/off to work you need Nova Prime (paid version). And the knock-off ONLY works on the top, notification area. Thats all I know. I'm hanging on to LG stock launcher because I like the knock feature A LOT!! lol!
    Yeah, this seems to be the case. I don't mind the stock launcher, but I do find Nova is smoother. I'm sticking with LG's for now until I can resolve the issue.

Retired Devices: Moto X 2014, Note 4, Nexus 5, OnePlus One, HTC One M8, Sony Xperia Z2, LG G3, Moto X, Note 3, HTC One, Samsung Galaxy S4, Samsung Galaxy S3, Galaxy Nexus, Motorola Droid Bionic, HTC Droid Incredible, HTC Droid Eris

Android Addict
    GrooveRite likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by mhettrich View Post
    Yeah, this seems to be the case. I don't mind the stock launcher, but I do find Nova is smoother. I'm sticking with LG's for now until I can resolve the issue.
    Yeah, Nova is Def smooth! I never purchased Nova prime so I'm going to stick with the stock launcher for the time being. When and IF I get tired of the stock launcher, I'll more than likely make my way back to Nova and drop some cash on it, lol!
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Yeah, Nova is Def smooth! I never purchased Nova prime so I'm going to stick with the stock launcher for the time being. When and IF I get tired of the stock launcher, I'll more than likely make my way back to Nova and drop some cash on it, lol!
    Prime is definitely worth every penny. It's a good choice if you wind up doing it.

Android Addict

Quote Originally Posted by mhettrich View Post
    Prime is definitely worth every penny. It's a good choice if you wind up doing it.
    Believe me, I know! I love Nova too!

Global Posts
    29 Global Posts

I have used Nova for the last two years on my Razr Maxx. I especially liked the apps at the bottom of the screen and the ability to scroll them separately from the rest of the screen. Right now I am going to use the stock launcher but I may make my way back to Nova also.

You can also get an app called "Screen off and Lock" from the Play Store. Then use Nova to create a double tap gesture to turn the screen off anywhere on the home screen. Works great!

Posted via Android Central App
    Thanked by 5:
    damo and lazeeboy like this.
  9. Thread Author  Thread Author    #9  

Quote Originally Posted by mikef1182 View Post
    You can also get an app called "Screen off and Lock" from the Play Store. Then use Nova to create a double tap gesture to turn the screen off anywhere on the home screen. Works great!

Thanks, that's a great idea.

Sent from my LG G3 using Tapatalk

Android Addict

You can enable Knock Off on the Nav bar to turn the screen off from anyplace via G3 TweaksBox. I love this feature.

I have Nova regular and am currently doing the Screen Off by tapping in the notifcation bar. Can you double-tap on a blank space on the screen with Nova Prime?
    HTC G1 > Thunderbolt > HTC One M8 > LG G3

ROM
    Nexus 6 - CM12.1 w/5.1.1

Quote Originally Posted by ranger29 View Post
    Can you double-tap on a blank space on the screen with Nova Prime?
    You can, but you have to tell it what to do when tapped.
    You get the screen off app noted above and tell Nova to do that action under Gestures.
    Works perfectly for me.

Mav.

I don't know half of you half as well as I should like,
    and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve.
    Thanked by 4:

PERFECT!!! Thank you!

This was driving me nuts! I've always used Nova, i love it, but I've grown accustomed to the knocking... Lol! Best of both worlds! :-)

What a SERIOUS bummer! I just spent all night setting up Nova and love it. BUT I also love knock on (and off). Addicted to it in fact. Guess I'll be switching to the paid version of Nova.

Quote Originally Posted by ranger29 View Post
    I have Nova regular and am currently doing the Screen Off by tapping in the notifcation bar.
    Bless you child 😁

Posted via Android Central App with my LG G3

I've been doing it the hard way since the G2 lol. I use Tasker and it works with any phone and with Nova.

Sent from my LG-D851 using Tapatalk
    Your neighborhood tech enthusiast

The only reason I purchased Nova Prime is so I didn't have them crappy small icons, I want massive ones like a Nexus.

Posted via the Android Central App

The Google Now Launcher is smoother than Nova in my experience.

Sent from my LG-D851 using Tapatalk
    Your neighborhood tech enthusiast

Global Posts
    35 Global Posts

Thanks! Was too lazy to go all the way up the notification bar just to knock off. :-)

Holy crap i love you man. You are GENIUS!!! Thanks so much!

Quote Originally Posted by AlfBriggs View Post
    The only reason I purchased Nova Prime is so I didn't have them crappy small icons, I want massive ones like a Nexus.

Yep.. The Google Now launcher is what gives you those... I swapped the stock one for it, and used xgels to shrink them down a bit actually.

Which one? There are a ton in the app store with that name.

By Katecca

Quote Originally Posted by maskedcarrot View Post
    Which one? There are a ton in the app store with that name.

I didn't know about the Notification Bar but I don't really use Knock Off since the 30 seconds time out works for me.
    "I'll put up color bars before I'll put you in front of our cameras."

- MacKenzie (THE NEWSROOM, HBO)