Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    2,567 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Default Camera Shutter Speed

I know I will get biased opinions in this section of the forums, but I need honest answers on the shutter speed. One of the things I disliked about my G2 was how slow the shutter was indoors. I'm talking 6 or 7 seconds to actually take the pic; it was ridiculous.

Do the G3 have a faster shutter indoors? I know it's not going to be as fast as my M8, but something in the neighborhood would be nice.

Default Re: Camera Shutter Speed

I tried getting a shot indoors of an active dog and out of seven or eight attempts, only one was passable. In between tapping to take the shot, and the shutter firing, the dog would move. I think it was more a dog problem than a shutter delay one though.

Posted via Android Central App

It takes a second or two to focus in low-light, however, I never really had an issue with the G2's focus time either.

No. It's no where near as fast as the M8. It's not even close. That phone focuses almost like a DSLR camera. It's crazy fast.

Edit: But I hated the pictures that the M8 produced. I'd rather it took a second or two to focus and give me a great picture, then to immediately give me 10 crappy ones.
    Proud owner of: White LG G2 & (iPhone 6)
    Gone But Not Forgotten: OG Droid, Dinc, Droid Charge, iPhone 4, Bionic, Razr Maxx & Maxx HD, iPhone 5, SG3, HTC One Maxx, HTC One (M8), iPhone 6, Droid Turbo, & LG G3 (Ask me anything about them. I remember them all.)
    Thanked by:
    NickA 

It is extremely fast, though after turning off HDR Auto mode (This is important, it's on by default).
    Thanked by: