Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    161 Global Posts

Default Onedrive and Microsoft Office

Couldn't take it anymore, I ordered my G3 today and it will be here tomorrow. The only reason I waited so long is I've read Onedrive and other MS Office apps aren't compatible. Anyone know if there is a plan ahead to fix this or an easy workaround. I use these apps quite frequently.

Thanks

Default Re: Onedrive and Microsoft Office

Quote Originally Posted by jtb79 View Post
    Couldn't take it anymore, I ordered my G3 today and it will be here tomorrow. The only reason I waited so long is I've read Onedrive and other MS Office apps aren't compatible. Anyone know if there is a plan ahead to fix this or an easy workaround. I use these apps quite frequently.

Thanks
    Are we talking about just a G3 specific problem or with Android/KitKat in general?

I'm interested cos I'm looking into getting my first Android phone after years of Windows Phone and if I can't get MS services to work reasonably it's a deal breaker for me and this includes OneDrive and Microsoft Office. I see there are apps for both and fairly well rated too. If we're talking about a G3 specific problem, I guess this is the fragmentation of Android I keep hearing about as a downside?

From what I've gathered, it's detected as a tablet due to high resolutuon and MS don't allow this (don't ask me why). I could be wrong though.

Issue has been around for a year or so now, so don't hold your breath for MS/Google to suddenly care about customers enough to fix it tomorrow.

My solution was to grab the .apk files from my old phone before moving, but that doesn't provide updates...

I've installed OneDrive on both my Nexus 5 and G3 and have encountered no problems. I didn't know there was supposed to be any problem in fact.

Posted via Android Central App

I just downloaded and used OneDrive and it is working perfectly fine on the Verizon G3.

Quote Originally Posted by jtb79 View Post

Thanks
    Onedrive is definitely compatible with android and the G3. I use the auto upload on every phone I have; Android, WP and iOS and since we have office 365 for my family, they just upgraded my storage to add 1TB! I use it primarily for pictures since I do not want to sign up for G+ and quick office on my android devices and it works fine with office documents, powerpoints and spreadsheets etc.
    OnePlus One (64GB),Xperia Z2, LG G3, Lumia 925 8.1 Cyan, Nexus 5 (32GB), Moto X (32GB), Lumia 1020, Google Edition S4, Galaxy S4 (32GB), S4 Active, Nexus 4, Note 2, Galaxy S3, Galaxy Note (ATT), Galaxy Note Intl., Galaxy S2 Skyrocket, Nexus S, Atrix 2, Atrix, Galaxy S1 Captivate, Nexus 7 (32GB), iPad 4, Dell Venue Pro 8
    and yes...an iPhone 5 too...

Onedrive seems ok, but onenote and office show as not compatible, yet the apk intalls without issue

EDIT
    http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/office/forum/office_mobile-onenote/office-and-onenote-not-compatible-with-my-lg-g3/ff8cb8d4-47e1-44ed-9ed6-1276e49f44d0
    Last edited by the_newnormal; 07-22-2014 at 10:45 PM.

Looks like the OneNote beta is working with the G3 now.

OneNote Beta for Android now sports handwritten notes, support for LG G3, more

Global Posts
    235 Global Posts

Where do I get the one note beta. I need access to my one note I keep a lot on there

Global Posts
    472 Global Posts
    ROM
    Jelly Bean!

I'm using office mobile just fine.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Onedrive and Microsoft Office-8101.jpg