Onedrive and Microsoft Office

jtb79

Aug 5, 2011
Visit site
Couldn't take it anymore, I ordered my G3 today and it will be here tomorrow. The only reason I waited so long is I've read Onedrive and other MS Office apps aren't compatible. Anyone know if there is a plan ahead to fix this or an easy workaround. I use these apps quite frequently.

Thanks

Coreldan

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Couldn't take it anymore, I ordered my G3 today and it will be here tomorrow. The only reason I waited so long is I've read Onedrive and other MS Office apps aren't compatible. Anyone know if there is a plan ahead to fix this or an easy workaround. I use these apps quite frequently.

Thanks

Are we talking about just a G3 specific problem or with Android/KitKat in general?

I'm interested cos I'm looking into getting my first Android phone after years of Windows Phone and if I can't get MS services to work reasonably it's a deal breaker for me and this includes OneDrive and Microsoft Office. I see there are apps for both and fairly well rated too. If we're talking about a G3 specific problem, I guess this is the fragmentation of Android I keep hearing about as a downside?

the_newnormal

Jul 14, 2014
Visit site
From what I've gathered, it's detected as a tablet due to high resolutuon and MS don't allow this (don't ask me why). I could be wrong though.

Issue has been around for a year or so now, so don't hold your breath for MS/Google to suddenly care about customers enough to fix it tomorrow.

My solution was to grab the .apk files from my old phone before moving, but that doesn't provide updates...

belodion

Co-Ambassador Team Lead
Jun 10, 2014
Visit site
I've installed OneDrive on both my Nexus 5 and G3 and have encountered no problems. I didn't know there was supposed to be any problem in fact.

Posted via Android Central App

planoman

Aug 12, 2010
Visit site

Thanks

Onedrive is definitely compatible with android and the G3. I use the auto upload on every phone I have; Android, WP and iOS and since we have office 365 for my family, they just upgraded my storage to add 1TB! I use it primarily for pictures since I do not want to sign up for G+ and quick office on my android devices and it works fine with office documents, powerpoints and spreadsheets etc.

the_newnormal

Jul 14, 2014
Visit site
Onedrive seems ok, but onenote and office show as not compatible, yet the apk intalls without issue

EDIT
http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/office/forum/office_mobile-onenote/office-and-onenote-not-compatible-with-my-lg-g3/ff8cb8d4-47e1-44ed-9ed6-1276e49f44d0

Last edited:

Neibl

Jun 29, 2014
Visit site
Where do I get the one note beta. I need access to my one note I keep a lot on there

Posted via Android Central App

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
axool