Is it just me or is the native email app atrocious?

DisplacedMic

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
Lots of problems with it. First, how do you get back to the main page if you got there via notifications?

Pressing back just takes you back to the home screen. Incidentally I don't think that the back button should ever take you home. That's what the home button is for... But that's an android "problem" and not the app's fault.

Does anybody have a good alternative app for non Gmail accounts? K9 still reign?

VDub2174

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Dec 28, 2009
Visit site
I can honestly say that I never use the stock email app on any phone.

I've been using K-9 for a long time now but recently switched to SolMail from the Play Store just to try something new and it's going pretty well so far.

jeffreynothing43

Jan 21, 2011
Visit site
I don't mind it...but it does have its problems. The thing that is bugging me most about it is no LED notification for emails. Are you seeing them when you receive an email?

DisplacedMic

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
yep - the LED notification is hard to see. i was blaming that on the phone though.
it's very small and dim... i guess the screen sucks up all the juice ;-p

mutt_daddy

Jun 28, 2012
Visit site
To the left of the email address at the top of the screen there is a < sign on mine. Pressing there takes me back from a message I pulled up via notification.

DisplacedMic

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
yeah dude - wth - i don't have that at all??

i do see you have that annoying battery saver leaf icon though...
omw back to my desk and i'll post screen shot.

so odd

DisplacedMic

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
That is different than mine. Don't see any setting to change the layout in mine. I'm on Verizon if that makes a difference.

sprint. very strange. i really just assumed you had no idea what you were talking about, but you're absolutely right - yours is obviously working the way it's supposed to. why on earth would you not want to go back to the index of messages but rather have to manually scroll through all of them?
definitely a bug.

LauraWA

Jul 15, 2014
Visit site
I would just like a widget that shows only unread email and a way to cut down on how much shows in the notification swipe down. I have out set tho subject only, which works in the app but not the widget.

Posted via Android Central App

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
andrewsmith