Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Gallery glitch..

So I noticed even when I delete a picture from the phones gallery (pictures taken on my phone), the pictures are still in the files folder and I also need to delete it from there... Anyone else notice this or is there a way to fix this?? 😒

Sent from my LG-D851 using AC Forums mobile app

Default Re: Gallery glitch..

You need to use the stock gallery app from LG to delete photos, that's the only gallery app that has write permission.

Blame it on KK's external memory limitation.

If you're using a 3rd party app, you can't delete because of KitKat security. Only OEM apps can delete.
    Proud owner of: Black LG G3 & White LG G2
    Gone But Not Forgotten: OG Droid, Dinc, Droid Charge, iPhone 4, Bionic, Razr Maxx & Maxx HD, iPhone 5, SG3, HTC One Maxx, HTC One (M8), iPhone 6, and Droid Turbo (Ask me anything about them. I remember them all.)
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

It is the stock gallery that I'm using. When I go into File Manager and click on all images, all the images I have deleted from the stock gallery are there.. Check to see if it happens with yours too.
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

I just tried it again now and it is deleting it completely now.. I wonder if it is a glitch that is happening sometimes? Anyways I'll let you know if it keeps happening, hopefully will be fixed with next update.

Quote Originally Posted by gummyjelly View Post
    It is the stock gallery that I'm using. When I go into File Manager and click on all images, all the images I have deleted from the stock gallery are there.. Check to see if it happens with yours too.
    Nope, never happened to me.