Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Just curious

Do you guys recommend this or note 3, and why?

Posted via Android Central App

Default Re: Just curious

The Note 3 is $50.00 more than the G3 on contract (Verizon) and almost a year older than the G3.

That being said, they are both excellent phones and it will come down to user preference.

depends what you want out of a phone..

I have the N3 and I am going to eventually switch to the G3 once I find a good enough deal on Swappa. I found I don't use the S-Pen at all, and I am disliking touchwiz the more I use it. Also my N3 drops to 3G a lot for no reason (I got a replacement and still did it), so I'm kinda just ready to move away from Samsung and change it up

Global Posts
    426 Global Posts

I used the note 3 for my daily phone for 4 months, which is a long time for me. It's a great phone. I thought it slowed down the longer I used it. Touchwiz is getting a little old to me. Been using the g3 for a week now, and it is truly amazing that they fit a 5.5 inch screen in such a small footprint. Just for the size alone and the cleaner ui I would go with the g3.
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Quote Originally Posted by jdfry15 View Post
    I used the note 3 for my daily phone for 4 months, which is a long time for me. It's a great phone. I thought it slowed down the longer I used it. Touchwiz is getting a little old to me. Been using the g3 for a week now, and it is truly amazing that they fit a 5.5 inch screen in such a small footprint. Just for the size alone and the cleaner ui I would go with the g3.
    How's the battery life compared to the note 3?

Note 3 is too big.
    LG G3 is big but not monstrous.

The number #1 reason for the G3 over the Note is no Knox Pox put in by Samsung.
    Banned

Global Posts
    1,920 Global Posts

Sold both my Note 3 and Nexus 5 to purchase the G3.

The Note 3 was and still is a great device, I just got tired of it and I had it rooted and a custom ROM or ROMs as I went through quite a few lol The whole package is great 2.3ghz processor and 3gb ram, 32gb storage and expandable upto 128gb with a 13mgp Camera so the note 3 is great and not one that can be shot down anytime soon.

But I don't regret my decision to sell both the N3 and Nexus 5 as what I have now is the G3 and my Z2.

I'm very content indeed :-)

Global Posts
    71 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by xocomaox View Post
    The Note 3 is $50.00 more than the G3 on contract (Verizon) and almost a year older than the G3.

That being said, they are both excellent phones and it will come down to user preference.
    I totally agree. The Note 3 is an awesome phone, but a year in this technology market is a long time. I would go with the G3. That or if you can wait, at least wait for more details on the Note 4 to be announced before deciding.

Global Posts
    426 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by AKFL3TCH3R View Post
    How's the battery life compared to the note 3?
    The note 3 has a beast for a battery. I am a pretty heavy user, gps, lots of phone calls, email, text throughout the day. If I don't charge during the day I will be at 25% around 9 in the evening. Which I think is pretty solid. It's not as good as the note, but it's better than I was expecting with the screen.
    Banned

Global Posts
    1,920 Global Posts

I had my note 3 with an S5 ported ROM just before I sold it and battery life was outstanding (yes that good) but the G3's although obviously not as good, its no disappointment either :-)

Coming from the Note 3 I highly recommend the G3! The Note 3 is nice but the G3 blows it away on performance and style, the G3 fits better in hand and the screen is awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by HolyBuckeye View Post
    depends what you want out of a phone..

I have the N3 and I am going to eventually switch to the G3 once I find a good enough deal on Swappa. I found I don't use the S-Pen at all, and I am disliking touchwiz the more I use it. Also my N3 drops to 3G a lot for no reason (I got a replacement and still did it), so I'm kinda just ready to move away from Samsung and change it up
    My sentiments exactly!

Sent from my SM-N900V using AC Forums mobile app