Landscape or car mode?

bronx889

Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
I have been trying to find the car mode on the LG G3. When plugged into my iBolt car cradle home screen wants to stay in portrait mode. Tried the app Rotate but it doesn't orient in landscape properly. The LG didn't seem to like it.

Amy ideas or problem solvers out there?

gvndeb60

Aug 3, 2010
Visit site
I have been trying to find the car mode on the LG G3. When plugged into my iBolt car cradle home screen wants to stay in portrait mode. Tried the app Rotate but it doesn't orient in landscape properly. The LG didn't seem to like it.

Amy ideas or problem solvers out there?
Ok, do you want a specific app open, the home screen to rotate, or a simplified view?

If you want a specific app to open you can program a NFC tag to do that.
If you want a rotated home screen a 3rd party launcher will let you do that.
If you want a simplified view there lots of apps but I have zero experience with them. I could have swore Google used to have one.

Sent from my LG-D851

jkimrey

Aug 26, 2012
Visit site
You could also try Car Home Ultra which will start up when specific Bluetooth device is connected...

Posted via Android Central App

bronx889

Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
I just thought if I put the LG in car mode the home screen would rotate. Its kind of a pain to look at a call I'm on in portrait mode when I'm driving with the phone in the cradle. I'll try Car Home Ultra. Does Car Home Ultra rotate if you're on a call?

ranphi

Jan 23, 2010
Visit site
I've been using Car Home Ultra for years now as well but it doesn't seem to work well with my AT&T LG G3. Specifically, if I open any app on my G3 from the Car Home Ultra home screen my phone's screen refuses to stay lit and powers down after a short while. (And that's with the "keep screen on" feature in Car Home Ultra being enabled).

If I leave my phone at the Car Home Ultra home screen, the screen will then stay lit. But as soon as I open Google Play Music or Google Maps, the screen refuses to stay on.

doggy2965

Sep 21, 2013
Visit site
I have same issue no car mode so screen goes off then I have to do knock code to reopen. Any body have a way to keep screen on in car or avoid locking while being charged?

ranphi

Jan 23, 2010
Visit site
I have same issue no car mode so screen goes off then I have to do knock code to reopen. Any body have a way to keep screen on in car or avoid locking while being charged?

I was searching for a solution to the Car Home Ultra issue and discovered the app called "Stay Alive!", which forces the screen to always stay on. I've been using it for a few days now with my G3 and it's been working fine. (Thank goodness)! :)

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance