Debating on joining Andriod w/LG G3

flotto02

Jul 24, 2014
Visit site
I currently have the Nokia Lumia 1020, love the camera but hate the limitations of the windows operating system from an app store point of view. Went to ATT to look at the Samsung Galaxy S5 and the salesman told me I need to check out the G3. From the reviews I've read it seems like a great device, and now I'm leaning toward the G3. One feature that is very important to me is the camera, obviously since I have the Lumia 1020.

Anyway just looking for some thoughts and opinions on the G3.

Thanks

erwaso

Mar 11, 2011
Visit site
You've come to the right place, plenty of love and plenty of hate to help you decide lol

Posted via Android Central App

flotto02

Jul 24, 2014
Visit site
You've come to the right place, plenty of love and plenty of hate to help you decide lol

figured this was the best source for all my questions. I've never owned an android phone at all so this would be a first for me also. I've had iphones for the past 4 years until the windows phone. needed a change of pace and fell in love with the lumia camera, now i'm thinking that android might be a better move.

VW Maverick

Retired Ambassador
Dec 3, 2010
Visit site
Compared to the Lumia, it will be a slight step down on the camera but many many steps up on Android excitement. :)

Mav. :cool:

Sent from Area 51 on my Sprint LG G3.

belodion

Co-Ambassador Team Lead
Jun 10, 2014
Visit site
I have a 1020 and I wouldn't be without it. I have a G3 and I wouldn't be without that. The latter's camera compares favourably to the former's.
I also have an N5, no slouch in the camera department, and I wouldn't be without THAT.

flotto02

Jul 24, 2014
Visit site
I have a 1020 and I wouldn't be without it. I have a G3 and I wouldn't be without that. The latter's camera compares favourably to the former's.
I also have an N5, no slouch in the camera department, and I wouldn't be without THAT.

I was thinking of keeping my 1020 for vacations and outings. But I think id rather just have an all in one phone. Think II'd be happy with the G3 camera as a daily driver?

o4liberty

Dec 9, 2009
Visit site
Android has come a long way and you will love the G3 far better than a Windows device! Just the app selection alone is worth switching.

ffejjj

May 14, 2012
Visit site
This is a pic I took at work. Inside an electrical panel with approx 10% light. Almost completely dark

4912.jpg

xocomaox

Jul 8, 2014
Visit site
I think WP OS is very nice, and wouldn't mind getting a 930, but the lack of customization and app selection keeps me from ever getting a WP. I wish I had it as a second phone, but I don't have the money to waste like that.

Chregu

Jul 24, 2014
Visit site
I owned an HTC 8X before switching to the LG G3 two days ago (my first Android device) and so far I'm amazed by it.

However, yesterday I was sitting at the river and taking pictures of the beautiful sky and in the beginning they were amazing, however the darker it got, the more washed out the pictures were. One of them looked like a filter was applied onto it:

20140723_213405_Android.jpg

There are not too many settings (there are almost none, coming from an 1020 this could be an issue) so I don't think that was the problem.

Duncan1982

Banned
Oct 21, 2013
Visit site
The camera app is basic, this is what Lg opted for & thus relying on the laser autofocus and ois+.

I have been pleasantly surprised :)

Sent from my LG-D855 using AC Forums mobile app

Attachments

• 1406196112951.jpg
    1406196112951.jpg
    114.2 KB · Views: 55

belodion

Co-Ambassador Team Lead
Jun 10, 2014
Visit site
I was thinking of keeping my 1020 for vacations and outings. But I think id rather just have an all in one phone. Think II'd be happy with the G3 camera as a daily driver?

You're not asking advice from a normal human here. I wear one of those sleeveless jackets with many pockets and usually tote all three phones. This is not right. But they all have different purposes.
I use my N5 as the nearest thing to a daily driver but that's partly because I've got an unlimited data tariff on it. Yes, I think the G3 would make a good daily driver....battery life is certainly good enough for it. Of course it would make a very high spec, high quality, powerful and luxurious daily driver, rather like driving round in a Cadillac even for short journeys. Sound good?

Tim Weatherby

Jul 18, 2014
Visit site
Dont hesitate. Go get G3. My first smart phone was Samsung focus windows all the way to the Nokia 920. Lets just say it was a hard decision since i was a windows guy forever. I love WP OS. I really cant say much bad about it. People are too critical of it. For me i liked the removable sd external storage. Didnt want to wait on MSFT to get that going on a flagship. Apps were some of the reason i moved to Android. Lg G3 is a solid phone. I see why Android is king of the phones. I think if developers created apps for WP like Android people would flock to WP because when it comes to it WP hardware is great and the cameras tops. LG G3 camera will not be that much of a step down. Repeat get the G3. I love it!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
andrewsmith