Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Debating on joining Andriod w/LG G3

I currently have the Nokia Lumia 1020, love the camera but hate the limitations of the windows operating system from an app store point of view. Went to ATT to look at the Samsung Galaxy S5 and the salesman told me I need to check out the G3. From the reviews I've read it seems like a great device, and now I'm leaning toward the G3. One feature that is very important to me is the camera, obviously since I have the Lumia 1020.

Anyway just looking for some thoughts and opinions on the G3.

Thanks

Carrier
    Nexus 6 - CM13.0 w/6.0.1

Default Re: Debating on joining Andriod w/LG G3

It's the best camera that I have ever had.

Mav.

Sent from Area 51 on my Sprint LG G3.

Quote Originally Posted by VW Maverick View Post
    It's the best camera that I have ever had.

Mav.

I concur

Posted via Android Central App

You've come to the right place, plenty of love and plenty of hate to help you decide lol

5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Quote Originally Posted by erwaso View Post
    You've come to the right place, plenty of love and plenty of hate to help you decide lol

figured this was the best source for all my questions. I've never owned an android phone at all so this would be a first for me also. I've had iphones for the past 4 years until the windows phone. needed a change of pace and fell in love with the lumia camera, now i'm thinking that android might be a better move.
    ffejjj likes this.

Carrier
    Nexus 6 - CM13.0 w/6.0.1

Compared to the Lumia, it will be a slight step down on the camera but many many steps up on Android excitement.

Mav.

erwaso likes this.

I have a 1020 and I wouldn't be without it. I have a G3 and I wouldn't be without that. The latter's camera compares favourably to the former's.
    I also have an N5, no slouch in the camera department, and I wouldn't be without THAT.

You will take quite a step down in camera ability, but everything else is awesome on the g3. Got mine a couple days ago and can't put it down.
  9. Thread Author  Thread Author    #9  

Quote Originally Posted by belodion View Post
    I have a 1020 and I wouldn't be without it. I have a G3 and I wouldn't be without that. The latter's camera compares favourably to the former's.
    I also have an N5, no slouch in the camera department, and I wouldn't be without THAT.

I was thinking of keeping my 1020 for vacations and outings. But I think id rather just have an all in one phone. Think II'd be happy with the G3 camera as a daily driver?

Android has come a long way and you will love the G3 far better than a Windows device! Just the app selection alone is worth switching.

Quote Originally Posted by o4liberty View Post
    Android has come a long way and you will love the G3 far better than a Windows device! Just the app selection alone is worth switching.
    App selection yes, but windows phone can more than hold its own as an OS.
  12. Thread Author  Thread Author    #12  

Quote Originally Posted by independentvolume View Post
    Agreed WP 8.1 has some awesome features and UI I'll miss

This is a pic I took at work. Inside an electrical panel with approx 10% light. Almost completely dark

Debating on joining Andriod w/LG G3-4912.jpg

I think WP OS is very nice, and wouldn't mind getting a 930, but the lack of customization and app selection keeps me from ever getting a WP. I wish I had it as a second phone, but I don't have the money to waste like that.

Camera is very simple and great.

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk

Global Posts
    7,538 Global Posts

I owned an HTC 8X before switching to the LG G3 two days ago (my first Android device) and so far I'm amazed by it.

However, yesterday I was sitting at the river and taking pictures of the beautiful sky and in the beginning they were amazing, however the darker it got, the more washed out the pictures were. One of them looked like a filter was applied onto it:

Debating on joining Andriod w/LG G3-20140723_213405_android.jpg

There are not too many settings (there are almost none, coming from an 1020 this could be an issue) so I don't think that was the problem.
    Banned

Global Posts
    1,920 Global Posts

The camera app is basic, this is what Lg opted for & thus relying on the laser autofocus and ois+.

I have been pleasantly surprised :-)

Sent from my LG-D855 using AC Forums mobile app
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Debating on joining Andriod w/LG G3-1406196112951.jpg  

Quote Originally Posted by flotto02 View Post
    I was thinking of keeping my 1020 for vacations and outings. But I think id rather just have an all in one phone. Think II'd be happy with the G3 camera as a daily driver?
    You're not asking advice from a normal human here. I wear one of those sleeveless jackets with many pockets and usually tote all three phones. This is not right. But they all have different purposes.
    I use my N5 as the nearest thing to a daily driver but that's partly because I've got an unlimited data tariff on it. Yes, I think the G3 would make a good daily driver....battery life is certainly good enough for it. Of course it would make a very high spec, high quality, powerful and luxurious daily driver, rather like driving round in a Cadillac even for short journeys. Sound good?

Dont hesitate. Go get G3. My first smart phone was Samsung focus windows all the way to the Nokia 920. Lets just say it was a hard decision since i was a windows guy forever. I love WP OS. I really cant say much bad about it. People are too critical of it. For me i liked the removable sd external storage. Didnt want to wait on MSFT to get that going on a flagship. Apps were some of the reason i moved to Android. Lg G3 is a solid phone. I see why Android is king of the phones. I think if developers created apps for WP like Android people would flock to WP because when it comes to it WP hardware is great and the cameras tops. LG G3 camera will not be that much of a step down. Repeat get the G3. I love it!

Quote Originally Posted by independentvolume View Post
    This is true but still limited in other areas. If we could combine all platforms into one device it would be a winner.

What frustrates me is the 3 big hardware players have the technology i think to make a complete phone but they bait us giving us a little bit more every year. Apple i think most of all. Im sure apple has tech that they could release now that they will release 5 yrs from now just so they can keep the product going. We are all sheeple addicted to gadgets and these companies got the carrot dangling in our face saying good boy come get it. 😄 Am i right?

Banned

Global Posts
    1,920 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Tim Weatherby View Post
    What frustrates me is the 3 big hardware players have the technology i think to make a complete phone but they bait us giving us a little bit more every year. Apple i think most of all. Im sure apple has tech that they could release now that they will release 5 yrs from now just so they can keep the product going. We are all sheeple addicted to gadgets and these companies got the carrot dangling in our face saying good boy come get it. 😄 Am i right?

To an extent your no doubt right :-) its business after all.

Example is i just got the G3. 10 months from now it will be the waterproof g4 with 16 mega pixel camera with 14 times zoom. Just stringing along. I know you dont have to buy it but wish they could go a little longer on the product cycles so you dont feel like you are missing out when they release new version right after you bought your phone.

Global Posts
    44 Global Posts

I think I'm gonna buy one tonight. I get 14 days with At&t. If I hate it I can get the GS5 or go back to my Lumia 1020.

Sent from my Nokia Lumia 1020 using Tapatalk
    Banned

Global Posts
    1,920 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by flotto View Post
    I think I'm gonna buy one tonight. I get 14 days with At&t. If I hate it I can get the GS5 or go back to my Lumia 1020.

Sent from my Nokia Lumia 1020 using Tapatalk
    What have you got to loose, go for it :-)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast