Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree11Likes

Default Re: Should I return under insurance??

Quote Originally Posted by DudeThatsErin View Post
    Was able to get one at the store this morning! (: Going to ship off my returned device on Monday and I bought an otterbox. Let's hope that I don't have to do this again!
    How's it going for you this time round ?

Posted via Android Central App
  2. Thread Author  Thread Author    #27  

Global Posts
    311 Global Posts
    ROM
    LG's 4.4.2

Quote Originally Posted by Duncan1982 View Post
    How's it going for you this time round ?

Charger doesn't make any extra sounds... so that is good...

Doesn't seem to heat up though I've been working since I got it so I haven't had time to mess with it.

I'll start messing with it in about an hour and then later I'll tell you how my first day went.
    Current Carrier: T-Mobile (all phones are carrier locked) || Current Phone: LG G3 rooted || Previous Phone: Galaxy S4

Charger doesn't make any extra sounds... so that is good...

Doesn't seem to heat up though I've been working since I got it so I haven't had time to mess with it.

I'll start messing with it in about an hour and then later I'll tell you how my first day went.
    Sounding positive is this a case of 3rd time lucky? Lol

DudeThatsErin likes this.
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #29  

Global Posts
    311 Global Posts
    ROM
    LG's 4.4.2

Quote Originally Posted by Duncan1982 View Post
    Sounding positive is this a case of 3rd time lucky? Lol

It is. Doesn't overheat or anything woo hoo! Now just waiting on my otterbox

Sent from my T-Mobile Carrier locked LG G3 without root or anything.
    Current Carrier: T-Mobile (all phones are carrier locked) || Current Phone: LG G3 rooted || Previous Phone: Galaxy S4

It is. Doesn't overheat or anything woo hoo! Now just waiting on my otterbox

How warm is it? Mine is quite noticeable and cpu is sitting around 120-140 (50-60c) degrees with normal use. Not the battery, only the top part of the phone (cpu I suppose)

Sent from my LG-D855 using AC Forums mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by Wikh View Post
    How warm is it? Mine is quite noticeable and cpu is sitting around 120-140 (50-60c) degrees with normal use. Not the battery, only the top part of the phone (cpu I suppose)

I noticed mine getting warm yesterday when viewing a 720p rip. Not sure if it's the vid or not because the 2k sample vid that comes pre-installed doesn't make the phone warm at all.

7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #32  

Global Posts
    311 Global Posts
    ROM
    LG's 4.4.2

Yeah, mine was a little warm at the top of the phone but overall, it was about 96*F when I went to download all of my apps.

Quote Originally Posted by GrooveRite View Post
    I noticed mine getting warm yesterday when viewing a 720p rip. Not sure if it's the vid or not because the 2k sample vid that comes pre-installed doesn't make the phone warm at all.

Not sure.

Default Re: Should I return LG G3 under insurance??

Are you still having trouble down there in Alabammy? I've got 87°F battery, 107°F CPU, and my usage at the moment is light. Your temps seem okay to me.
    (Looks like the reason your first replacement was so quick was they had one they wanted to get rid of.)

Noticed that my phone gets hot from heavy usage. My Samsung Galaxy S3 also did the same. I think its normal.

Quote Originally Posted by belodion View Post
    Are you still having trouble down there in Alabammy? I've got 87°F battery, 107°F CPU, and my usage at the moment is light. Your temps seem okay to me.
    (Looks like the reason your first replacement was so quick was they had one they wanted to get rid of.)

I have this with light usage too and with standby. What's with heavy usage? Mine gets around 130-140. Battery is not hot at all luckily.

I have this with light usage too and with standby. What's with heavy usage? Mine gets around 130-140. Battery is not hot at all luckily.

Light usage at the time was just browsing and texting forums for a while. Next time I use more heavily I'll see what temperatures I get.

Thanked by:
    Wikh 
  12. Thread Author  Thread Author    #37  

Global Posts
    311 Global Posts
    ROM
    LG's 4.4.2

Great! It isn't that hot finally.
    Quote Originally Posted by dcemureviews View Post
    Noticed that my phone gets hot from heavy usage. My Samsung Galaxy S3 also did the same. I think its normal.
    Maybe who knows.
    Light usage at the time was just browsing and texting forums for a while. Next time I use more heavily I'll see what temperatures I get.

Good luck.

belodion likes this.
  13. Thread Author  Thread Author    #38  

Global Posts
    311 Global Posts
    ROM
    LG's 4.4.2

Now this one seems to be overheating after taking it outside once at Hilton Head Island, SC. It was hot when I took it outside yesterday but it has been inside 99.99999% of the time...

I didn't even use it much since I woke up before GSam was notifying me.

Could it have been struggling to find a good wifi signal when you took it outside, if you were on wifi at the time? Also, the temps don't seem too bad to me....under 100°F?

15. Thread Author  Thread Author    #40  

Global Posts
    311 Global Posts
    ROM
    LG's 4.4.2

Could it have been struggling to find a good wifi signal when you took it outside, if you were on wifi at the time? Also, the temps don't seem too bad to me....under 100°F?

Yes but now it was off and charging and the temp got over 100*F

I don't know of any other phone I would want to trade this phone in and I am not confident in a warranty replacement.

Typical temperatures for me are in the high eighties or low nineties °F for battery, and a little above 100°F for CPU, at least, on those occasions I've checked, and with the sort of light use I'm giving the device now for example in texting this. Similar for my N5, which at the moment is charging with battery temp at 86·7°F.

....I'll charge my G3 later and see what the temperature is.

Temperatures for battery/CPU after using for an hour or so, 93/122; during charging 96/132; after charging 84/110.

Temperatures for battery/CPU after using for an hour or so, 93/122; during charging 96/132; after charging 84/110.

Same for me too! CPU tends to be a little higher but it's almost exactly my numbers too!

belodion likes this.

As I understand it phone batteries work best when cold but with high ambient temperatures in the summer months they'll be warm even with the phone powered off. Use the phone and the battery temperature will rise, a battery monitor if present will duly issue a warning, but there's not much you can do. It would be interesting to hear from users in parts of the world where it's cold.

21. Thread Author  Thread Author    #46  

Global Posts
    311 Global Posts
    ROM
    LG's 4.4.2

Due to this issue, I realized I couldn't use my phone when at school. So, I returned it under insurance.

I really LOVED the phone but since I live in FL now and am outside more often, I need the phone to stay cool or at least cool enough that I can use it to and from classes (I live in a dorm now).

Traded over to a i5S which I knew I wasn't going to keep but I knew would hold me over until I saw what the i6 would be like OR decided on a different Android device. I've never had an Android heat up for me like this... especially 3 of the same phones... that is definitely a manufacturing issue.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12