HBO GO (working) and MaxGo (not working)

Simran Narang

Jul 9, 2014
Visit site
I recently upgraded from a Droid Razr Maxx to the LG G3. I am loving the new phone, but have run into the following issue:
For some reason MaxGo will not install. When I go to the Google Play Store and go to the app, it says that "this version is not compatible with your phone." Has anyone else run into this problem? What could be the cause? Interestingly HBO Go is working just fine...

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
It sounds like that app needs to be updated (by the developer) before you can install it.

Sent from my T-Mobile Note 3 using AC Forums.

Cmatt1971

Mar 31, 2010
Visit site
I noticed that too, since they are both made by the same developer you would think that both would be compatible with the G3. Hopefully they will update soon.

Sent from my LG-D850 using AC Forums mobile app

Simran Narang

Jul 9, 2014
Visit site
This is the e-mail I got from the app developer:
Hello,
Thank you for your email. MAX GO is supported on Android smartphones; MAX GO requires a minimum version of 2.3 and is supported through the latest Android version 4.3. MAX GO is not currently compatible with Android 4.4. The MAX GO App does not support Android Tablets. We hope to support Android Tablets in the future.
Thank you,
The MAX GO Team

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
This is the e-mail I got from the app developer:
Hello,
Thank you for your email. MAX GO is supported on Android smartphones; MAX GO requires a minimum version of 2.3 and is supported through the latest Android version 4.3. MAX GO is not currently compatible with Android 4.4. The MAX GO App does not support Android Tablets. We hope to support Android Tablets in the future.
Thank you,
The MAX GO Team

That explains it. 4.4 is kitkat which is what the G3 is running.

Sent from my T-Mobile Note 3 using AC Forums.

tech_head

Q&A Team
Aug 25, 2010
Visit site
I recently upgraded from a Droid Razr Maxx to the LG G3. I am loving the new phone, but have run into the following issue:
For some reason MaxGo will not install. When I go to the Google Play Store and go to the app, it says that "this version is not compatible with your phone." Has anyone else run into this problem? What could be the cause? Interestingly HBO Go is working just fine...

Here's the rub.
My GS4 was upgraded from 4.2 to 4.4 and the app still works.
On my L3 G3, I restored everything from backup.
MaxGo works on the LG G3, you will need to sideload it.
Get the app from your old phone.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pauloxcavalcante