Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By VW Maverick
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

ROM
    Stock ROM 4.2.2 Spark

Default Vibrate bug? Only 6 days left to return...

So, I'm starting deal with the fact that this is not the fastest phone in the world, but the features are worth the trade off. On the other hand, I do not want a defective device. I don't know how much lag is normal, but I've asked around as much as I could and assume mine is. But, I've noticed something over the last few days.

When my phone is sitting on my phone stand at work and I get a notification...the phone vibrates. Normal...yes. But what is not normal is randomly near the end of the buzz, the vibration goes stronger and sometimes it just buzzes for like 2 seconds. All randomly. The only possibility I could think of that is causing this is getting multiple hangout messages at once. Buzz buzz etc. Has anyone experienced this? I only have 6 days left to return it.

Thanks.

Global Posts
    19,831 Global Posts
    ROM
    Liquidsmooth ROM

Default Re: Vibrate bug? Only 6 days left to return...

Quote Originally Posted by jeffreynothing43 View Post
    So, I'm starting deal with the fact that this is not the fastest phone in the world, but the features are worth the trade off. On the other hand, I do not want a defective device. I don't know how much lag is normal, but I've asked around as much as I could and assume mine is. But, I've noticed something over the last few days.

When my phone is sitting on my phone stand at work and I get a notification...the phone vibrates. Normal...yes. But what is not normal is randomly near the end of the buzz, the vibration goes stronger and sometimes it just buzzes for like 2 seconds. All randomly. The only possibility I could think of that is causing this is getting multiple hangout messages at once. Buzz buzz etc. Has anyone experienced this? I only have 6 days left to return it.

Thanks.
    If it were me, I would do a factory reset and see if that fixes the vibrate issues.

As for any lag, you can see if turning down the animations might help speed things up. Go to Settings>About device>tap on Build Number several times (you should see a toast notification saying 'you are x steps from being a developer'. Keep tapping until you see 'you are now a developer'. Back out one step to Settings. You should now see Developer Options. Click that, and scroll until you see Window, Transition, and Animation scales, and turn those down to .5. See if that helps with the lag.

Phone Timeline
    'If we could change ourselves, the tendencies in the world would also change.' - Mahatma Gandhi
    Community Guidelines and also here
    Thanked by 2:

When are you experiencing the lad? What apps will you be running at the time you experience the lag?

I'm an average user who came from s4, and I don't experience any lag and I do notice a major difference between the g3 & s4!

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

ROM
    Stock ROM 4.2.2 Spark

Sorry guys, I don't want to clutter the thread with the wrong subject... But just to answer your question, it mostly lags when I'm in and out of apps. My biggest issue is choppy animations though. I'll try speeding them up and seeing if that helps.

But yeah, the vibrate thing is weird. I'll try the factory reset.

Mine seems to vibrate different depending on which type of notification. I didn't change my animations just disabled everything I never use that got rid of choppiness for me. Mine is very smooth.

Posted via Android Central App

There are these options in the settings:

Mav.

Sent from Area 51 on my Sprint LG G3.

I am polymerized tree sap and you are an inorganic adhesive, so whatever verbal projectile you launch in my direction is reflected off me, returns on its original trajectory and adheres to you.
    Thanked by:
    xocomaox likes this.
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

ROM
    Stock ROM 4.2.2 Spark

Quote Originally Posted by VW Maverick View Post
    There are these options in the settings:
    http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/07/25/a2ehy6uh.jpg
    Mav.

Sent from Area 51 on my Sprint LG G3.
    I appreciate that...but let me try to explain better. I receive a message via hangouts or text...90% of the time it does the right thing. The other 10% it starts to vibrate right, but near the end it speeds up / increases strength or does a couple of weird buggy type vibs.

I appreciate that...but let me try to explain better. I receive a message via hangouts or text...90% of the time it does the right thing. The other 10% it starts to vibrate right, but near the end it speeds up / increases strength or does a couple of weird buggy type vibs.
    Is this with the default messaging app?

Edit - nevermind you said hangouts as well... Hmm...

Sent from my T-Mobile Note 3 using AC Forums.
    Sent from my T-Mobile Note 3 using AC Forums.

Can you have hangouts and text on at the same time

Global Posts
    19,831 Global Posts
    ROM
    Liquidsmooth ROM

Quote Originally Posted by doggy2965 View Post
    Can you have hangouts and text on at the same time

If the OP has Hangouts set as the messaging app, yes.

Signed, an M8, Liquidsmooth, and the AC Forums App

Phone Timeline
    'If we could change ourselves, the tendencies in the world would also change.' - Mahatma Gandhi
    Community Guidelines and also here

Quote Originally Posted by Golfdriver97 View Post
    If the OP has Hangouts set as the messaging app, yes.

Signed, an M8, Liquidsmooth, and the AC Forums App
    I'm on Verizon if I make hangouts my messaging app the stock messenger app won't work