Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree13Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Bought G3, Just got a OnePlus One invite

I'm still within the G3 return period. Had I known the invite was coming or gotten it sooner, I likely wouldn't have pulled the trigger on the G3.

Love the G3 now that it's all sorted out, but I got it partly out of frustration of the OnePlus invite system and got tired of waiting.

So, what would you do? Yeah, I could keep both, and I still got my Nexus 5, lol. But no way I'm hanging on to all 3.

Default Re: Bought G3, Just got a OnePlus One invite

Quote Originally Posted by pseudoware View Post
    I'm still within the G3 return period. Had I known the invite was coming or gotten it sooner, I likely wouldn't have pulled the trigger on the G3.

Love the G3 now that it's all sorted out, but I got it partly out of frustration of the OnePlus invite system and got tired of waiting.

So, what would you do? Yeah, I could keep both, and I still got my Nexus 5, lol. But no way I'm hanging on to all 3.
    I was about to post the same thing. I ended up putting the OPO on credit. If I like it, I'll keep it and sell my old BB Z30 for $200 or so.
    I love the G3 and have no desire to get rid of it, but I'm excited to try this unicorn.

Posted via Android Central App

Owning three is okay. Are they unlocked? Mine are and I can run them for £35/$60 a month easily, less if I'm careful, and one of those on unlimited data.

4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

The G3 is not unlocked. The N5 would be the one I get rid of. After all, the N6 will come out one day 😀

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk

Same thing happened to me last week. I got as far as ordering the One, but ended up canceling the order because I didn't want to mess with the modified OS and problems I had read about. Now I see that you can get it with vanilla Android. For the price it might be worth it???

Current Devices:
    OnePlus One
    LG G3 - AT&T
    Motorola Moto X - unlocked GSM
    Samsung Galaxy Note 8 - LTE AT&T
    Apple iPad Mini Retina - 32GB LTE

Global Posts
    1,190 Global Posts

I'm waiting for an invite but bought the G3 yesterday. I'm not sure what I'll do when I get an invite. I'm around the 50,000 Mark and I think invites are around 41,000 right now.

I got 3 invites for the One, gave them to friends and got the TMO G3. I couldn't be happier. But I need T-mobile wi-fi calling.

The OnePlus One isn't a bad phone I just think with this invite thing they missed out on a lot of business as people moved on to readily available devices.

Sent from my T-Mobile Note 3 using AC Forums.
    Sent from my T-Mobile Note 4 using AC Forums.
    Thanked by:
    Gator352 and rob damiani like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Almeuit View Post
    The OnePlus One isn't a bad phone I just think with this invite thing they missed out on a lot of business as people moved on to readily available devices.

It was a strategy that didn't quite work for oppo and they should have chosen the other route.

A great device going purely by reviews.

rob damiani likes this.

6.5mm taller (and it is even wider by a little), same screen size with less pixels, non-removable battery? No thanks.
    planoman likes this.

Global Posts
    436 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Almeuit View Post

This. I was ready to buy and lost complete interest

I've watched the reviews on the oneplus and it doesn't seem all that exciting. It's just a cheap phone with decent specs. Nothing mind blowing or ground breaking.
  13. Thread Author  Thread Author    #13  

Quote Originally Posted by xocomaox View Post
    6.5mm taller (and it is even wider by a little), same screen size with less pixels, non-removable battery? No thanks.
    Yeah, this is definitely making me think twice.

I think I'll end up like jneusch above, I'll have the order form all filled out right before it expires, and we'll see if I actually click "submit" or not.

The best thing about this phone is the value, with it's price so low. But do you really want to settle for this based on money? The G3 isn't terribly heavy in the $$$ department.
  15. Thread Author  Thread Author    #15  

So, I just ended up letting the 3 invites I got expire. I'm just going to enjoy my G3 for the next few months, and then I'll be into the annual Nexus rumor and buying frenzy towards the end of the year.
    Thanked by:
    Android Connoisseur

Global Posts
    912 Global Posts

For an extra $230 you get removable battery, microSD, 2k hd screen, laser focus, two tone flash, optical image stabilization, 1 watt speaker, 5.5 inch screen in 5.1inch body, wireless charging, and a tried and true manufacturer. The choice is up to you.

PookiePrancer likes this.

Buy the One, try it, keep it... Sell it... Sell your N5 instead after deciding... Options my friend

Personally I would keep the G3 though. So far mine had been well worth the switch

Owner of a replacement Htc One... Till something better comes along
    LG G3
    Ambassador
    bembol likes this.

So, I just ended up letting the 3 invites I got expire. I'm just going to enjoy my G3 for the next few months, and then I'll be into the annual Nexus rumor and buying frenzy towards the end of the year.
    Wow, just let them expire? What a waste, so many people who would have used then had they been offered up.

I gave up waiting for a OPO invite and got the G3 just two days ago. No regrets, though I think I still prefer the features and interface on my Droid Maxx.
    Banned

Mine also expired. A couple friends at work tried to give them away but no-one wanted them. Too much money to spend on something that won't be around this time next year.

Quote Originally Posted by ffejjj View Post
    Buy the One, try it, keep it... Sell it... Sell your N5 instead after deciding... Options my friend

Personally I would keep the G3 though. So far mine had been well worth the switch

Exactly.

I'm sure you can profit off (if you want too) the One easily.

I got over it but I will but if/when I get they invite not because of the price nor specs but I want to see what this C11 is all about.
    "I'll put up color bars before I'll put you in front of our cameras."

- MacKenzie (THE NEWSROOM, HBO)
    Android Connoisseur

Global Posts
    912 Global Posts

Ordered one myself after getting invited to do so, I don't think I would have if it was an open option. I think the exclusivity plays a big part in demand. Nevertheless, I'm excited to compare the two. The one plus should have a better camera senor, but software might be it's weak point

Having the One Plus and the G3 I will probably end up selling the One Plus. Overall it's a good device however with some pretty noticeable bugs including touch screen sensitivity, call quality, etc... I simply like the feel and design of the G3.

Thanked by:
    ChuckG73 likes this.

http://www.pastemagazine.com/article...smartphon.html

Mav.

Sent from Area 51 on my Sprint LG G3.

I am polymerized tree sap and you are an inorganic adhesive, so whatever verbal projectile you launch in my direction is reflected off me, returns on its original trajectory and adheres to you.

I got my invite a couple weeks ago. Gave it away and then bought the G3.

VW Maverick likes this.

If anyone has any OnePlus One invites for a 64 gb edition I will gladly take one
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast