Are u using lgs keyboard?

ldragon76

Aug 3, 2012
Visit site
I've been a long time fan of swiftkey. But sometimes I want to Swype. That was only ever my only gripe with swiftkey, as I felt it wasn't nearly good at that method of input. I've been using touch pal for a couple days now and it's become new favorite.. As I feel it's very good at not only swyping, but also tapping. Best of both worlds for me, I love it

Sent from my Droid Maxx via Tapatalk

npaladin-2000

Mar 3, 2010
Visit site
I'm using it and I like it. I like it even better with the recently-released update (comes through their update utility, you don't have to wait for your carrier to do a new firmware).

Used to use SwiftKey, but it doesn't seem to get along with LG's UI all that well. I still use it on my G Pad, since that's got the older LG keyboard, but this new one is very competitive with the best 3rd party keyboards.

blackdogAC

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site
Using stock. It's a bit slow to respond and the predictive text sucks-unless I type very slowly- I'm not a particularly fast typer but this is a slow mofo. Wish there was more customization of the lower left and right customizable keys. I hate going over to the symbols menu to get comma, period, question mark, and exclamation. Even typing this took about 5 friggin minutes.

Sent from my LG-D850 using AC Forums mobile app

donm527#IM

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
SwiftKey kicks off summer sale with new themes, price cuts | Android Central

I'm a sucker for updates and saw swiftkey had an update that addressed performance... and i missed the ice theme... so i installed it on my G3.

I always thought swiftkey ran well on my N4 and G2 so no surprise it runs well on the G3 and use to the predictive texting and performance.

But I have to say that except differences that may or may not matter to most, like how swiftkey has better next word prediction and slight key layouts, the LG keyboard runs as well as the swiftkey and I wouldnt have any issues living with the LG keyboard.

I wish swiftkey had height adjustment like the LG but I find that with the taller G3 screen, having the number bar up top is acceptable where on my G2 it took up so much screen that I didnt like the size of the typing area left and would eliminate the number bar. If the LG keyboard just had the same next word prediction that swiftkey has... then it would be perfect for me.

btw, I am using a plain white theme on the swiftkey now... i love the ice theme color and like the falling snow effect when swyping, but there is a huge lag in the beginning when you go into the app and press the typing area... a huge delay before the keyboard pops up then it's ok. but just irritating. with the other simpler themes it pops right up and runs smooth.

I'll play with the swiftkey for now but may just go back to the LG. But next word prediction it nice. Maybe next LG update hopefully.

bishang

Jul 28, 2014
Visit site
I wanted to use it, but it just wasn't working for me. I liked the way it looked, and the swiping was okay enough. But the predictive text never worked even though it was supposed to have it. I ended up going back to Swype.

frope01

Jul 26, 2013
Visit site
I used it for awhile. I liked it more than I thought I would. It's a good keyboard. I'm back to Swiftkey though. Swiftkey is just a beast.

Sent from Frope's sweet G3.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance